Strip Search gone WILD

golfmom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Strip search video at links below.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/51315
It all began in Stark County, Ohio when Hope Steffey was assaulted by a cousin and another cousin called 911 for assistance. When the officer arrived, Ms. Steffey accidentally handed over her deceased sister´s license, which she kept for sentimental reasons. She immediately noticed the mistake and gave the officer her own identification and asked for her sister´s to be returned. The officer refused to return her sister´s license. The officer ran a check on Ms. Steffey´s license and found no infractions, but continued to treat her as though she were the perpetrator of the crime, instead of the victim.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ku7pbvOr2Y
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw8GIyF91Xk

How the heck can the Sheriff say that there was no wrong doing? Those officers are went wild on her!

How the heck can the Sheriff say that there was no wrong doing? Those officers are went wild on her!

The sheriff is saying the search was "by the book", except the book says no boys allowed for a female's strip. So, how does he logically get out of that one? He claims it wasn't a strip search ! ! ! !

UnfreakinBelievable!!!!:bang:

This is the same facility that is already being sued for strip searching teens.

http://columbusdispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2007/08/29/juvee.html

According to the lawsuit, guards at the Multi-County Juvenile Attention Center in Canton had the girls remove their clothes, squat, lift their breasts and open their mouths as part of the strip searches.

The lawsuit claims the girls, ages 14, 15 and 16, agreed to take a 15-minute walk-through of the facility on May 18 and perform 20 hours of community service to avoid going to court on trespassing charges filed after a fight.

Lawyers for the girls claim the teens were bystanders.

After the searches, the girls were given dirty inmates' uniforms to wear, according to the lawsuit.

OMGOSH! I'd lose my mind if this happened to one of my daughters!

http://www.wickedlocal.com/ghs-newsservice/regional_news/midwest/ohio/news/x1846588869

Here’s what happened, according to the lawsuit:

It started with a youth leader, or guard, screaming at them. When the girls giggled out of surprise, the man continued to scream and pushed them against a wall, faces first.

The guard then took the girls to the second floor. Once there, he and two other guards, a man and a woman, made disparaging remarks about the girls, commenting on one’s breasts.

In front of other inmates, the guards made more comments of a sexual nature, asking one girl “whether she liked boys” and saying “other female inmates will love you because they love blondes.”

The female guard then led the girls, separately, into a room where they were told to remove their clothes, squat and cough, open their mouths, lift their breasts and shake their hair.

During the search, the male guards stood in the hallway, laughing, and making comments such as, “I bet they don’t think it’s funny now,” the lawsuit says.

After the searches, the female guard gave the girls filthy underwear, bras and uniforms worn by other inmates. After at least half an hour inside the Attention Center, the guards told the girls they had 30 seconds to change their clothes or they would have to stay overnight, the lawsuit says.

That woman was sexually assaulted and ALL of those officers that were there should be charged, found guilty and forced to register as sex offenders!!!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon now, she was the victim of an assault then LE practically rapes her. This is without a doubt one of the most disturbing videos I've ever seen simply because it is LE that's attacking her.

How horrible!! That poor woman was subjected to literal torture! I would be screaming my head off, too, if I were cuffed and stripped in that manner. According to the husband, they never even requested she strip to be searched. Then to leave her laying naked in a cell with no blanket for six hours is ludicrous!! They wouldn't do that to the worst offenders. I can't wait until the AG's office, the FBI, and everyone else finds the handheld camera footage that is clearly shown being taken by the female officer...if they still have it. (What do you bet it has been mysteriously deleted?!)

I hope charges do come out of this for everyone from the Sheriff on down personally. It is simply horrendous to think a victim of a crime was treated this way because she was emotionally upset.

C'mon now, she was the victim of an assault then LE practically rapes her. This is without a doubt one of the most disturbing videos I've ever seen simply because it is LE that's attacking her.
I agree. And to think, she was the victim who needed help, I just can't get over it. She shouldn't have even been taken to jail to begin with - she was the one who had been assaulted by her cousin.

She was locked in that cell, naked without even a blanket, for SIX hours!!! :furious: I hope she gets millions for her pain, suffering, humiliation and wrongful arrest.

This is just wrong, wrong, wrong and I feel soooo bad for this woman. I'm glad that her and her husband are strong enough to bring this the attention it needs, and to punish those who violated her rights. I can't imagine the emotional toll this has taken on her and her perception of "the good guys". :( She must've been so confused and scared. Prayers for her emotional healing.

The reporter also said that she was CONVICTED of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest because the jury never saw the video. My God if I was a woman living in Stark County I'd be afraid to call 911. With this and Bobby Cutts it really makes you wonder whats going on down there.

:eek:

I can tell you people in Stark County are very up in arms about this video. The comments on the cantonrep website since the story broke are all calling for firings from the sheriff on down to every deputy inside that cell. It is absolutely sickening.

I couldn't continue viewing this video. This is disturbing on so many levels.
What's wrong with cops now? There's just so much abuse of citizens. Is it something in their donuts? :mad:

The sheriff is saying the search was "by the book", except the book says no boys allowed for a female's strip. So, how does he logically get out of that one? He claims it wasn't a strip search ! ! ! !

UnfreakinBelievable!!!!:bang:

Oh, dear. I'm "fixing" to be unpopular. I don't think it WAS a strip search. Strip searches involve penetration of bodily orfices, IYKWIM.

Here is what I think is the "other" side of the story. Not that it is any better. The questions she is being asked prior to being taken to a cell all clearly revolve around the belief that she may be suicidal........and when she is asked if she ever wanted to harm herself she answers "now or ever?" The officer, who was already pizzed at her, used that answer to make the (trumped up) charge that she was in danger of harming herself. She is taken to a cell and stripped to prevent her from harming herself.....I think this is a cell specifically set aside for "suicide watch" because there is no sheet, etc. The difference between "suicide watch" and "strip search" may well determine the appropriatness of having male officers present when she is disrobed.

I think her lawyer better stop and pay attention when the sheriff says there was no strip search. She has a case, and I hope she wins, but the case won't revolve around illegal strip search, and if it does the police will have a good chance of winning. IMO, the suit should revolve around a rouge officer using the trumped up charges of "suicidal" to punish someone he is CLEARLY angry with.

Now, having said all that, this video is HORRIBLE. This poor woman! I cannot even imagine being in her position. Her terror is so evident. To have to wrap yourself with toilet paper to get warm. To be paraded through the halls wearing a suicide wrap. I hope she wins. And I hope the "arresting" officer loses his job and NEVER works in law enforcement again.

Oh, dear. I'm "fixing" to be unpopular. I don't think it WAS a strip search. Strip searches involve penetration of bodily orfices, IYKWIM.

Here is what I think is the "other" side of the story. Not that it is any better. The questions she is being asked prior to being taken to a cell all clearly revolve around the belief that she may be suicidal........and when she is asked if she ever wanted to harm herself she answers "now or ever?" The officer, who was already pizzed at her, used that answer to make the (trumped up) charge that she was in danger of harming herself. She is taken to a cell and stripped to prevent her from harming herself.....I think this is a cell specifically set aside for "suicide watch" because there is no sheet, etc. The difference between "suicide watch" and "strip search" may well determine the appropriatness of having male officers present when she is disrobed.

I think her lawyer better stop and pay attention when the sheriff says there was no strip search. She has a case, and I hope she wins, but the case won't revolve around illegal strip search, and if it does the police will have a good chance of winning. IMO, the suit should revolve around a rouge officer using the trumped up charges of "suicidal" to punish someone he is CLEARLY angry with.

Now, having said all that, this video is HORRIBLE. This poor woman! I cannot even imagine being in her position. Her terror is so evident. To have to wrap yourself with toilet paper to get warm. To be paraded through the halls wearing a suicide wrap. I hope she wins. And I hope the "arresting" officer loses his job and NEVER works in law enforcement again.

I understand what your saying about the suicide watch but do most departments attack and forcibly strip distraught and injured women even if they are suicidal? If they believed she may harm herself. Why wasn't she taken to a medical facillity for an evaluation? Instead they leave her naked and injuried in a cell for six hours. If this is Stark Counties by the book then the book needs to be fixed.

I'm willing to bet they will soon begin settlement talks. I truly doubt they will want a jury to see this video.

I understand what your saying about the suicide watch but do most departments attack and forcibly strip distraught and injured women even if they are suicidal? If they believed she may harm herself. Why wasn't she taken to a medical facillity for an evaluation? Instead they leave her naked and injuried in a cell for six hours. If this is Stark Counties by the book then the book needs to be fixed.

I'm willing to bet they will soon begin settlement talks. I truly doubt they will want a jury to see this video.

I am in agreement with bigbuck on this one.

Can anyone here NOT empathize with this poor woman? OMG, I can't imagine how traumatic that would be!! I can't even think of a lame excuse for the cops' behavior in the video.

Can anyone here NOT empathize with this poor woman? OMG, I can't imagine how traumatic that would be!! I can't even think of a lame excuse for the cops' behavior in the video.

I would have been extremely embarrassed if I were her.. Hell, I am embarrassed FOR her!!
These cops, jailers, deputies (whatever) need punishment..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back