641 users online (76 members and 565 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    I think the woman who was found needs to be questioned. What if she is someone who thinks they know who the perp is? What if she went to where Bri was found to try and get up the nerve to go to LE?

I just got caught up reading all the posts on the last thread and want to comment.

Adnoid,
    No kidding. My wife got a call from a member of local LE, curious about the number of times my car had been seen in the area where she was found.

Wow..........this just shows us that people are really being observant and reporting anything suspicious. We all really appreciate all you've done, giving us information about the area and taking all those great pictures!

I also want to welcome GR987 to WS........you've got some good thoughts in your posts.

And I also want to welcome Skippermd to WS. You gave a great over all description of the neighborhood around the UNR and that gives us a real good feel for the area.

I'm so glad that 20-year-old woman was found and is ok............what was she thinking, walking alone out there with a monster on the loose!

Hmmmmmm...............I'm trying ti figure out how my post ended up being the second post in this thread. When I clicked on reply, there were 7 other posts already in the thread?

Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #6

OK, Chico!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Thanks! It won't let me put up links for some reason. Good job, Chico!!
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

I think the best thing they can do is stay together in groups. Lock their doors both day and night. Keep their cell phones charged and on their person. Don't party so they are alert during the night. They need to constantly be aware of their surroundings.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

OT: Is anyone else having problems posting?!
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Well, thank goodness!! Now, someone needs to go smack her!!!
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

I saw a report on one of the news channels about pepper spray and tasers - even Bear Spray!!! - being bought in Reno, and it actually made me more frightened because what if this guy decides to use one of those on the victims! If police found it in this guys car, he could just say his wife was using it because she was scared.

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...0444/1016/NEWS

Area retailers said they can't keep up with the demand for pepper spray.

Local sporting good stores and gun shops have sold thousands of the aerosol spray canisters that can incapacitate an attacker by causing temporary blindness, difficulty breathing, a runny nose and coughing.

The killing of Brianna Denison by what police say is a serial rapist has many young women looking for any line of defense, retail clerks said.

"We probably sell 30 to 40 of them a day," said Robert Currier of the Scotland Yard Spy Shop on Virginia Street. "We have a list of 30 people who have already paid and are waiting for us to stock it again."

The REI store has been turning away customers looking for a spray used to fend off bear attacks as a method of defense.

"Bear spray is not for anyone looking for a product for personal safety," said James Hedges, a manager at REI.

Wed, Feb 20 - Nancy Grace Transcript - about the underwear found that was not Brianna's, as well as descriptive elements (I'll post some of it on the other thread):
    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../20/ng.01.html

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Well, thank goodness!! Now, someone needs to go smack her!!!
    i agree!!

Quote Originally Posted by adnoid View Post
    Woman has been found

The woman who was thought to be missing was found "walking around the area".
    Good grief! She needs to go home and lock the door!

I don't think pepper spray is all that much of a deterrent. The mace that police use would be better. I accidentally sprayed myself with pepper spray once and it didn't incapacitate me at all.

I posted earlier that when I replied to the thread there were already 7 other posts, but my post wound up as the second. Then my post reporting the problem would up as post # 3.

I'm posting this message to see if it ends up at the end of the replies as it should, or further up in the thread.

LOL Yes, that is what mine are doing also! Either they end up gone or they end up a few above the others where they don't belong. (Then again...it really makes it fun when I make remarks to people's posts who are after mine. HAHAHAHA!)
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    I don't think pepper spray is all that much of a deterrent. The mace that police use would be better. I accidentally sprayed myself with pepper spray once and it didn't incapacitate me at all.
    The problem with pepper spray is that it's been reported that the suspect grabs women from behind and with their arms pinned and a hand over their mouth, how are they going to get to the pepper spray?

One of the people who commented on one of the articles in the RGJ has a lot of good self-defense suggestions. Check out the comments of the poster, Alpharaider here:

http://talk.rgj.com/viewtopic.php?t=60704

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast