Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 440
  1. #326
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    12,303
    Quote Originally Posted by ****** View Post
    Sorry for the previous terse posts - I'll put up a picture of what it's like trying to type on my iPhone with my beefy hands & you'll understand.

    I was pretty close to the front, and there were a lot of people there. There were a lot of people with cameras taking pictures of the crowd, some were subtle and some were not. I know I was photographed, and I saw the cameras going to what looked like almost every make face in the crowd. I parked there, I didn't take the bus, so I don't know if the police were checking plates at the mall. Also, since I couldn't see any parking lots, I don't know if the local lots were being photographed.

    I took a few pictures but I'm not sure how they came out, it was pretty dark. Marc Klaas spoke, as did our mayor and a few other folks. It's been raining/snowing on and off all day, but it was clear & calm for the service.

    The WBC folks were not there. Based on my feel of the crowd it would have been suicide for them if they tried to pull anything.
    ******...............thanks for your in person account! I bet some of those photographers were LE, especially the one that appeared to be taking pictures of every male in the crowd. I would also suspect that LE is probably checking vehicles for any truck that looks like the one described. Any idea of how large a crowd? Was there a uniformed police presence? Again.....thanks for being our eyes and ears there.


  2. #327
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    5,607
    Quote Originally Posted by ****** View Post
    My fat fingers. So now you understand why I have to keep it short when I'm on the road.

    Unfortunately the vigil pictures did not turn out well. This is Marc Klass from about 15 feet away. The rest are the same, sorry.
    Thank you taking the pictures and giving us the details, ******! The pic of Mark may be blurry, but I am glad to know he was there and to see him speaking. And, I did get a chuckle out of you taking a pic of your hand and your iPhone.

    Lion


  3. #328
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    12,303
    Quote Originally Posted by LionRun View Post
    Not necessarily, though. If this slime has become confident enough, relishes in what he has done, and wants to keep, "control" over his victim it is possible that if he went he might go alone.

    Roger Fain, a convicted serial killer, injected himself into a search for Darlene Anderson, of Round Rock, TX. He drove 2 hours to go the headquarters of The Heidi Search Center in San Antonio TX to talk with the folks that run The Heidi Search Center.

    He was never convicted of killing Darlene Anderson, of Round Rock, TX. But, he was convicted of killing Sandra Dumont of Austin (15 minutes from Austin). He was also recently convicted of another murder out of state via DNA. He also beat and raped an elderly woman in FL years ago prior to his known murders. Oddly, Darlene and Sandra's bodies were were found nude under plywood in a field right smack next to each other. Yet, somehow there was not enough evidence to convict the slime.

    He was on the searches for Darlene Anderson, and he came to me in a field when I was taking my SAR dog for a walk in between searches. He asked me if we could search together and that he had two horses we could use. He said he thought that because he noticed that my dog worked very fast that maybe we would be a good team on horseback. Talk about bold! It was like he wanted to stand out in the search. I declined, thank God.

    Lion
    Wow....that was a scary experience in retrospect. I'm glad you turned him down.


  4. #329
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    12,303
    Quote Originally Posted by ****** View Post
    Happy to do what I can.



    My rough calculation based on people per square yard was about 1,000. I could be totally off, but the whole stretch of Sandhill was full.



    Oh my, was there ever.
    Your efforts are appreciated by all here!

    I'm glad there was a large turnout for the vigil, and also glad that the WBC didn't show up. I'm not surprised by the police presence, as I bet they were actively scanning/photographing the males in the crowd for the suspect.

    Edited to add...........even though the picture was blurry, I recognized Mark Klas.


  5. #330
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    5,607
    Quote Originally Posted by ****** View Post
    My writing stinks, but here is a good summary from the local paper.
    What a well written article, and once again thank you very much for all that you give to this case and to this thread, ******.

    Lion


  6. #331
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,668
    Lion, your story gave me chills.

    ******, once again, thank you, thank you! I did not realize till today that the memorial was going to be held in the field Brianna was found in. That convinced me that the perp could not resist that! While you are blocking the WBC wacko's from the family, can you non chalantly stick your foot out and trip one of them for me? Thanks!


  7. #332
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    48
    Does anyone think he would be so bold as to place Bri's teddy bear in with the ones for the memorial ? When the memorial is removed do you think someone could check to see ?


  8. #333
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    12,303
    Wow..............here is a story about yet another attack in the Reno are, this one in early February. The girl, Katie Allbee, was certain he was the suspect in the abduction/murder of Brianna because he matched the description in the sketch. But the man was later apprehended and his DNA doesn't match that of the suspect in Brianna's case. He's admitted to assaulting other women. I wonder if he's the attacker in the October 22 attack?

    http://www.kolotv.com/news/headlines/15891982.html


  9. #334
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    5,607
    Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    Wow....that was a scary experience in retrospect. I'm glad you turned him down.
    I am so glad that I didn't either. There was nothing about him that seemed odd, hostile, sociopathic. Amazing how some of these slimes fit in soooooo well with the rest of us. Some do stand out as odd. But, many don't.

    Lion


  10. #335
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    5,607
    Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    Wow..............here is a story about yet another attack in the Reno are, this one in early February. The girl, Katie Allbee, was certain he was the suspect in the abduction/murder of Brianna because he matched the description in the sketch. But the man was later apprehended and his DNA doesn't match that of the suspect in Brianna's case. He's admitted to assaulting other women. I wonder if he's the attacker in the October 22 attack?

    http://www.kolotv.com/news/headlines/15891982.html
    Leila, thank you for the link! I wonder too if the predator from the October and February attacks are the same. I imagine that LE is working on this, and I sure hope they solve it.

    Lion


  11. #336
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    12,303
    Quote Originally Posted by LionRun View Post
    Leila, thank you for the link! I wonder too if the predator from the October and February attacks are the same. I imagine that LE is working on this, and I sure hope they solve it.

    Lion
    It would go a long way to resolving whether or not the October 22 attack is linked to Brianna's murder and the Nov. and Dec. attacks.


  12. #337
    ****** thank you for the pictures and the info from last night. I am hoping he was in the crowd and someone got a good pic of him.

    Lion, how creepy, I am so glad you did not take this man up on his offer. He really inserted himself right in the thick of things didn't he?

    I think Bri's perp is that bold also. I don't think he could possibly stand to be viewing all this havoc he created from afar. Like a small child he is saying to himself look what I can do, look how I controlled all these people to make them create this big event. He is feeling very proud and happy with himself right now. He is there watching. He'll be there tonight too.

    JMHO


  13. #338
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    135
    Good find Leila! "Early Feb." was the closest I could see to a date. By now, the Oct. victim would have had the chance to identify him and since we haven't heard/read, I bet there's no connection, unfortunately.


  14. #339
    Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    Wow..............here is a story about yet another attack in the Reno are, this one in early February. The girl, Katie Allbee, was certain he was the suspect in the abduction/murder of Brianna because he matched the description in the sketch. But the man was later apprehended and his DNA doesn't match that of the suspect in Brianna's case. He's admitted to assaulting other women. I wonder if he's the attacker in the October 22 attack?

    http://www.kolotv.com/news/headlines/15891982.html
    Wow! It sounds like they did everything they could to convince LE to take a look at this creep! If she says he looks like the sketch and LE says that the DNA doesn't match...then it would make sense for it to be TWO different men! So why doesn't LE interview him in connection with the Oct. 22nd attack?! He admitted to four other assaults. At least, they should ask the victim to ID him in a photo lineup.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.


  15. #340
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    3,201
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Wow! It sounds like they did everything they could to convince LE to take a look at this creep! If she says he looks like the sketch and LE says that the DNA doesn't match...then it would make sense for it to be TWO different men! So why doesn't LE interview him in connection with the Oct. 22nd attack?! He admitted to four other assaults. At least, they should ask the victim to ID him in a photo lineup.
    Maybe they already have.


  16. #341
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the prowl
    Posts
    26,234
    Quote Originally Posted by ****** View Post
    My fat fingers. So now you understand why I have to keep it short when I'm on the road.

    Unfortunately the vigil pictures did not turn out well. This is Marc Klass from about 15 feet away. The rest are the same, sorry.
    You're quite forgiven for not getting clearer photos ~ we'll leave those for the media. Just you being there was a lot to be thankful for!
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo



  17. #342
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the prowl
    Posts
    26,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    Wow..............here is a story about yet another attack in the Reno are, this one in early February. The girl, Katie Allbee, was certain he was the suspect in the abduction/murder of Brianna because he matched the description in the sketch. But the man was later apprehended and his DNA doesn't match that of the suspect in Brianna's case. He's admitted to assaulting other women. I wonder if he's the attacker in the October 22 attack?

    http://www.kolotv.com/news/headlines/15891982.html
    What a brave young woman to chase after the guy herself! I noticed the article said he drove a truck, I wonder what kind it is, and also if the news media would publish a photo to compare with the sketch? I agree, he still could be the perp in the Oct. 22 assault.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo



  18. #343
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    12,303
    Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    What a brave young woman to chase after the guy herself! I noticed the article said he drove a truck, I wonder what kind it is, and also if the news media would publish a photo to compare with the sketch? I agree, he still could be the perp in the Oct. 22 assault.
    I spent some time last night doing a search for the suspect named in that case, Kenneth Wilcox, but found nothing but the article on the KOLO 8 - Reno website. I was hoping for a picture to compare with the sketch. I did a Google search, a search of Nevada newspapers, and also tried to find the court case in Eureka County, Nevada, where the man was arrested. I came up with nothing.


  19. #344
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the prowl
    Posts
    26,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    I spent some time last night doing a search for the suspect named in that case, Kenneth Wilcox, but found nothing but the article on the KOLO 8 - Reno website. I was hoping for a picture to compare with the sketch. I did a Google search, a search of Nevada newspapers, and also tried to find the court case in Eureka County, Nevada, where the man was arrested. I came up with nothing.
    Thank you Leila for all that effort I just tried looking for more information on him too and didn't find anything. I believe this young woman and her father that she must have been absolutely convinced this guy was the one in the sketch or she wouldn't have risked her own life following him. I do think now we're looking for 2 perpetrators though.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo



  20. #345
    just checking in to see if there's anything new ..... i see there's not
    ....thanks for your coverage ******!!....your fingers/hand don't scare me, lol...my hubby has the same hands


  21. #346
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    4,917
    Quote Originally Posted by ****** View Post
    My writing stinks, but here is a good summary from the local paper.

    ******, I've been reading here everyday...you're contribution here is amazing. As a mom of a college daughter, my heart really goes out to the family and the entire community. Love your picts., especially your "fat" fingers, LOL.

    As for "my writing stinks", did you write a response to this article? I've noticed a few of them are quite heated. There seems to be a mixed bag of a community really pulling together, along with anger/blame...at the mayor, for the first rape not being pursued aggressively, etc. What's your personal feel of what's going on overall?


  22. #347
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    4,917
    Quote Originally Posted by ****** View Post
    At the convention center. WBC must be hiding. Lots of dudes bigger than me ready to deal with them if the cowards show. I'm just moral support at this point.
    Well, if you join the bigger dudes and need bail, call me.


  23. #348
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the prowl
    Posts
    26,234
    Quote Originally Posted by ****** View Post
    At the convention center. WBC must be hiding. Lots of dudes bigger than me ready to deal with them if the cowards show. I'm just moral support at this point.
    Thanks so much for your update!
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo



  24. #349
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    5,607
    Hey ******! Glad you made it there, and thank you again! I don't think I've said thank you so many times in such a short period of time for a while! But-----I am thankful to you!

    Do we get a recap later---with pics?

    Only if you have time and energy of course.

    Lion


  25. #350
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    5,607
    Quote Originally Posted by TopGunner View Post
    Well, if you join the bigger dudes and need bail, call me.
    !

    Hey there TopGunner! I hope all is well with you and your family, friend.

    Lion




Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •