Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #6

cool SS...but you mean January 19th, of course?

Quote Originally Posted by close_enough View Post
    cool SS...but you mean January 19th, of course?
    LOL Yes, I fixed it! Thanks! Wow..I guess I have been so tired lately I am getting careless!! Making mistakes left n right.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    LOL Yes, I fixed it! Thanks! Wow..I guess I have been so tired lately I am getting careless!! Making mistakes left n right.
    that's cool....just figured you'd want it corrected, to prevent confusion
    anywhooooo, i think it's interesting to see the dates/days of the week, along with the times of these events....whether the Oct 22nd is involved, i wanted to throw it in there....LE, from what i understand is re-interviewing this person, so maybe we'll get a confirmed statement of whether this attack is related or not, soon......

off to watch Will & Grace
    Last edited by close_enough; 02-22-2008 at 02:30 AM.

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080221/NEWS18/80221076&oaso=news.rgj.com%2Fbreakingnews

Reno police say FBI behavioral sciences experts say it’s too early to declare the man who abducted and murdered Brianna Denison will become a serial killer.

Lt. Robert McDonald on Thursday disputed the evaluation of a New Jersey psychotherapist and forensic social worker who said the suspect in the Denison case and three other sexually motivated assaults in four months was a budding serial killer. (more at link)

ETA: And yet LE is shown in the news today posing with the sketch?!!!
    http://tinyurl.com/yvlyra

(snip)
    The FBI has said the public should not rely exclusively on a sketch of a man who raped a college student Oct. 22 at gunpoint in a parking garage on the University of Nevada, Reno campus. Investigators believe the incident is related to the Denison case but have no evidence to prove that.

Thanks, Suzi! That is what I have been saying all along. They have no evidence to tie them together. So WTH are they doing using that sketch at all?!
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Thanks, Suzi! That is what I have been saying all along. They have no evidence to tie them together. So WTH are they doing using that sketch at all?!
    i'd say it's because there were things about this attack that were similar to the others....

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...2Fbreakingnews

Reno police say FBI behavioral sciences experts say itís too early to declare the man who abducted and murdered Brianna Denison will become a serial killer.

Lt. Robert McDonald on Thursday disputed the evaluation of a New Jersey psychotherapist and forensic social worker who said the suspect in the Denison case and three other sexually motivated assaults in four months was a budding serial killer. (more at link)

ETA: And yet LE is shown in the news today posing with the sketch?!!!
    http://tinyurl.com/yvlyra

(snip)
    The FBI has said the public should not rely exclusively on a sketch of a man who raped a college student Oct. 22 at gunpoint in a parking garage on the University of Nevada, Reno campus. Investigators believe the incident is related to the Denison case but have no evidence to prove that.
    i kind of figured this is what LE thought, since i read they were re-interviewing this woman....i hope whatever further info she's able to give will help catch this freak....

I believe the woman they are re-interviewing is not the Oct 22nd vic, but the other one from Oct that was announced yesterday. From the below link:

http://www.ktvn.com/Global/story.asp?S=7908514

Just Wednesday, university police alerted students about a newly reported groping that took place near campus in October. But Reno police say the woman in that case had already came forward. "We have interviewed her, her comments to us at the time lead us to believe it wasn't connected. That it was possibly a prank," says Lt. Bob McDonald.
    Reno police re-interviewed that woman Thursday afternoon about why she reported it again as something more serious.

ETA: I don't think the woman thought it was a prank originally, otherwise she would not have reported it. And LE wonders why she is coming forward again? Maybe she is because they treated it like it was a prank and didn't take her seriously the first time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by close_enough View Post
    i'd say it's because there were things about this attack that were similar to the others....
    Location and age were the only similarities that I could see. The use of a gun and the description given was enough for me to decide it wasn't the same perp .
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

I believe the woman they are re-interviewing is not the Oct 22nd vic, but the other one from Oct that was announced yesterday. From the below link:

http://www.ktvn.com/Global/story.asp?S=7908514

Just Wednesday, university police alerted students about a newly reported groping that took place near campus in October. But Reno police say the woman in that case had already came forward. "We have interviewed her, her comments to us at the time lead us to believe it wasn't connected. That it was possibly a prank," says Lt. Bob McDonald.
    Reno police re-interviewed that woman Thursday afternoon about why she reported it again as something more serious.

ETA: I don't think the woman thought it was a prank originally, otherwise she would not have reported it. And LE wonders why she is coming forward again? Maybe she is because they treated it like it was a prank and didn't take her seriously the first time!!!
    That is so strange. Did they mean a prank on her part or a prank of one of her fellow students?!
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

SS, that is strange. I thought it meant a prank on her.

Either way, with what has been going on in Reno...nothing should be taken lightly by LE. This doesn't help LE's side for the way they handle women's cases...does it?! That statement rather says it all.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Cops want Garcia out

Apparently UNR police are not happy with their leader:
    http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...0486/1321/NEWS

I do want to point out that on Briannas' "official" website her family had "the sketch" up for a day or two but then pulled it because of the lack of evidence that it was actually related. I have a question for you guys and gals with umpteen million posts. Has there ever been a case where LE has put out
    " misinformation" if they thought that it was beneficial to solving the case?
    Please don't read more into this than there is but when it pops into my head I want to know if this is a possibility. Also, what could be the benefit to LE that
    "only the killer and law enforcement know exactly how long the body has been there"?. One thing that also keeps bothering me is that I keep envisioning the attempted rape in the parking lot where the girl puts up some resistance and the perp drops his condoms and runs away. If this is the same perp that took
    Brianna, he seems to be escalating and gaining experience very fast.Again,I'm
    just sort of thinking aloud here and am not disagreeing with anything or anyone. One thing that is hard about this is that it is virtually impossible to get into this guys' sick and twisted head to figure out anything at all.

Do they have DNA on Brianna's case? Have you heard about the huge backlog of processing DNA due to the huge grants that were given to everyone to process cold cases? I am glad to get this DNA and I think its wonderful for the families. But a coroner told me that if they submitted DNA today they would be lucky to get it back in 2010. Is that true? Does anyone know? I would hate to think a seriel killer could be out there during this time and unidentified because of a backlog in DNA processing.

I have a question for the locals who are familiar with the area where the body was found. Is the ditch that she was found in, close enough to a road, or accessible so that the vehicle he was driving could have driven up to the ditch and dumped her out, or would he have had to park, get out of the truck, and carry her body some distance to the ditch?

The AMW delay is being played off as not being for a specific reason. IMO, the only other time I've seen a delay is when there is breaking news crime that bumps it, and I'm not seeing any other urgent cases right now. I really don't know what to make of this. Maybe LE and AMW are at odds as to what info should be released?

..Or....They are close to something REALLY big as far as a suspect.

ED MILLER, "AMERICA`S MOST WANTED": Police are asking me not to tell you exactly how she was found, and you know, whether or not the body was staged, but we can say the underwear was found near the body. And again, it`s not an accident. He put them there.

He does say the thong was found NEAR the body. If they are giving him this kind of information and he is releasing it...they may have put him in "time out" for such. LOL

That basically tells me...without saying it....that the body was staged, posed, whatever. It's just a matter of how, ans what messege he was trying to send.

We want those.

Quote Originally Posted by Reannan View Post
    I have a question for the locals who are familiar with the area where the body was found. Is the ditch that she was found in, close enough to a road, or accessible so that the vehicle he was driving could have driven up to the ditch and dumped her out, or would he have had to park, get out of the truck, and carry her body some distance to the ditch?
    I would say that he carried the body about 30 feet from the curb, assuming he parked on Sandhill. If he was to drive to the spot he would have had to go over a curb and drive over some bushes, but it could be done.

Quote Originally Posted by adnoid View Post
    I would say that he carried the body about 30 feet from the curb, assuming he parked on Sandhill. If he was to drive to the spot he would have had to go over a curb and drive over some bushes, but it could be done.
    Thanks adnoid....then I am guessing it would be impractical to assume the UW just fell from the truck, right? I also find it odd that there is no mention of the bear. I would have thought if the bear was not with the body, LE would have urged the public to continue looking for the bear. Given that there is silence regarding the bear, I am betting it was found with the body.

Quote Originally Posted by Reannan View Post
    Thanks adnoid....then I am guessing it would be impractical to assume the UW just fell from the truck, right? I also find it odd that there is no mention of the bear. I would have thought if the bear was not with the body, LE would have urged the public to continue looking for the bear. Given that there is silence regarding the bear, I am betting it was found with the body.
    When Bri's body was found, I asked about the bear and another poster linked an article that LE said the bear was not found or has not been found or was not found with her body. Something along those line, you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by FXSTS View Post
    I do want to point out that on Briannas' "official" website her family had "the sketch" up for a day or two but then pulled it because of the lack of evidence that it was actually related. I have a question for you guys and gals with umpteen million posts. Has there ever been a case where LE has put out
    " misinformation" if they thought that it was beneficial to solving the case?
    Please don't read more into this than there is but when it pops into my head I want to know if this is a possibility. Also, what could be the benefit to LE that
    "only the killer and law enforcement know exactly how long the body has been there"?. One thing that also keeps bothering me is that I keep envisioning the attempted rape in the parking lot where the girl puts up some resistance and the perp drops his condoms and runs away. If this is the same perp that took
    Brianna, he seems to be escalating and gaining experience very fast.Again,I'm
    just sort of thinking aloud here and am not disagreeing with anything or anyone. One thing that is hard about this is that it is virtually impossible to get into this guys' sick and twisted head to figure out anything at all.
    LOL It is perfectly fine to disagree, but you are right. He does seem to be escalating and gaining experience very fast. He went from a clumsy attempt at rape to entering a residence where people were sleeping in the next room for an abduction/murder within a 2 month period.

LE could certainly be putting out erroneous information to try to trap this guy. While it isn't the smartest thing to do, imo, it does give the guy a sense of "freedom" to either flaunt his acts by boasting or it could also enrage him to where he will try something else in order to get the "credit".

If he kept Bri alive for awhile, dumped the body, and LE could prove Time Of Death...LE would have a "bargaining chip" when it came to obtaining a confession later.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rick777 View Post
    ..Or....They are close to something REALLY big as far as a suspect.
    I hope that is the case!!
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon999 View Post
    Do they have DNA on Brianna's case? Have you heard about the huge backlog of processing DNA due to the huge grants that were given to everyone to process cold cases? I am glad to get this DNA and I think its wonderful for the families. But a coroner told me that if they submitted DNA today they would be lucky to get it back in 2010. Is that true? Does anyone know? I would hate to think a seriel killer could be out there during this time and unidentified because of a backlog in DNA processing.
    They do have the DNA in Brianna's case, and the Nov and Dec cases. I'm sure they were able to bump up the testing as it came back quickly. LE usually can do that with cases depending on the urgency. The last I heard is they have enough to catch up all the DNA in Washoe county and it should be completed by (mid march)? My understanding is yes, crime labs all over the U.S. are behind at least a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by SieSie View Post
    Snipped...

Welcome aboard, FXSTS! Glad for the local input, looking forward to more of your posts.

OMGosh! That's just so sick, I can't stand those people and their beliefs!!

Welcome to WS, Juvenile! You have a good point and the personal alarm keychains would be a great idea right about now for women in Nevada, and anywhere, for that matter.
    I'm gettin' one! They have them pretty cheap on eBay! :d

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast