1476 users online (277 members and 1199 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 44 of 44
  1. #31
    THE VEHICLE
    An extended cab pickup or sport-utility vehicle with a dome light above the windshield. It requires a big step to get inside.
    Floor-mounted, skinny console that opens in front. The LED read-out on the radio was blue and red, the vehicle had cloth seats and an automatic transmission.


    i had forgotten about the skinny console.....

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    12,302
    Envoydriver61,
    Welcome to Websleuths!

    Thanks for the pictures of the interior of your Trail Blazer. There's a lot that's consistent with the description given by the December victim. There's the cloth upholstry, the blue digital read out on the radio, red and blue on the dash that could easily be mistaken as part of the radio, and the narrow console.

    A few questions..........does a Trail Blazer sit high off the ground? And would it be considered a small pickup or SUV?

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    Envoydriver61,
    Welcome to Websleuths!

    Thanks for the pictures of the interior of your Trail Blazer. There's a lot that's consistent with the description given by the December victim. There's the cloth upholstry, the blue digital read out on the radio, red and blue on the dash that could easily be mistaken as part of the radio, and the narrow console.

    A few questions..........does a Trail Blazer sit high off the ground? And would it be considered a small pickup or SUV?

    I would consider the Trail Blazer a SUV. I don't think they sit too high off the ground or not any that I have seen.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    282
    I think the step up description may be relative. Not everyone would need to step in an SUV. I kind of step into mine. However, I have to step up to my mother's Mazda Tribute because of the higher lip of the door. I'm 6"1" too.

    And, the step up description was given by the person who was from Taiwan, wasn't it? On average, they are smaller people and to that victim, she might have had to step up, but perhaps not everyone has to.

    No, I don't work in LE other than an occasional citizens patrol unit for the neighborhood.

    I just think the perp thinks he's some kind of special and can't be caught because he never has in life.

    I wonder also, if perhaps he has something againt UNR too. His crimes might be acting out against the university through its students, thinking he'll show UNR by attacking its students and causing panic and harm to the institution. Maybe someone who went to school there and didn't our couldn't finish. If he went and it got too difficult for him and his parents couldn't make the problem disappear this time, it would be the school's fault in his mind, not his.

    Finally, I know Reno is on the other side of the state, but does it still have a larger Mormon population? I am wondering if the description of the suspect, which is fairly clean (shaven, not smelling of alcohol, tobacco, etc.) might be because of a stricter upbringing. Maybe a lapsed Mormon.

  5. #35
    Excellent photos, EnvoyDriver! Thanks for taking the time to share them.

    You could be right about her getting the red/blue bars from the ac controls confused at night with the radio.

    I hadn't forgotten about the thin console, but she said it opened in the front. Does the trailblazer have this type of console? (I looked at so many on Ebay, I can't recall!) Also, do both the Envoy and the TB have the dome light in the front?
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by EnvoyDriver61 View Post
    I think he borrows the car because he thinks it is a clever means to evade capture in his mind.

    Given my scenario (which now doesn't make as much sense if the thong doesn't have his DNA on it), he's the baby of the family, selfish, and probably enjoys being the center of his family's attention. I think his parents might have had him in their late 40s, which would make them more like his grandparents and more lenient.

    I think he does think he's smarter than the police; in his mind, he thinks he's smarter than 90 percent of the populace. He has skated a lot in his life and hasn't come against any real opposition and any that he has come across and cannot surmount, his family has stepped in and made excuses for him. He sees himself has worthy of so much more in life and thus, he is able to excuse his behavior regarding the rapes and now murder as things due him or payment for the wrongs in his life. He probably truly thinks his victims deserved what they had coming to them.

    Regarding the car, I think that it is a Trailblazer or an Envoy for two reasons. One is that is the type of car the police are apparently looking at.

    Here's a link. Look at Photo 9 in this set of photos.

    http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ga...ion=&rgj_date=
    I agree that he feels "entitled". He has low self esteem but has ego.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by EnvoyDriver61 View Post
    I think the step up description may be relative. Not everyone would need to step in an SUV. I kind of step into mine. However, I have to step up to my mother's Mazda Tribute because of the higher lip of the door. I'm 6"1" too.

    And, the step up description was given by the person who was from Taiwan, wasn't it? On average, they are smaller people and to that victim, she might have had to step up, but perhaps not everyone has to.

    No, I don't work in LE other than an occasional citizens patrol unit for the neighborhood.

    I just think the perp thinks he's some kind of special and can't be caught because he never has in life.

    I wonder also, if perhaps he has something againt UNR too. His crimes might be acting out against the university through its students, thinking he'll show UNR by attacking its students and causing panic and harm to the institution. Maybe someone who went to school there and didn't our couldn't finish. If he went and it got too difficult for him and his parents couldn't make the problem disappear this time, it would be the school's fault in his mind, not his.

    Finally, I know Reno is on the other side of the state, but does it still have a larger Mormon population? I am wondering if the description of the suspect, which is fairly clean (shaven, not smelling of alcohol, tobacco, etc.) might be because of a stricter upbringing. Maybe a lapsed Mormon.
    I doubt this has anything to do with UNR. If that were the case, there would be some indication left behind.

    This is about power over women. This is about control. He has childhood trauma (Does not excuse actions nor consequences) that contributes to his actions, he does feel guilt which drives him to "escape" by going further in his actions. We are seeing that cycle playing out. In this case, it is my opinion, that it will lead to more violence to others or himself until he is caught or dead.

  8. #38
    softsoul's Avatar
    softsoul is offline I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by 10EC_Dad View Post
    I doubt this has anything to do with UNR. If that were the case, there would be some indication left behind.

    This is about power over women. This is about control. He has childhood trauma (Does not excuse actions nor consequences) that contributes to his actions, he does feel guilt which drives him to "escape" by going further in his actions. We are seeing that cycle playing out. In this case, it is my opinion, that it will lead to more violence to others or himself until he is caught or dead.
    I don't see any indication of guilt from what is known about this guy. The attempted break in to the Dec. victim's apartment is indication of that IMO. I doubt he was going back to apologize.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by softsoul View Post
    I don't see any indication of guilt from what is known about this guy. The attempted break in to the Dec. victim's apartment is indication of that IMO. I doubt he was going back to apologize.
    No, you won't see the guilt in his actions against these women. You, also, won't see the quite guy that is a good neighbor and coworker.

  10. #40
    softsoul's Avatar
    softsoul is offline I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by 10EC_Dad View Post
    No, you won't see the guilt in his actions against these women. You, also, won't see the quite guy that is a good neighbor and coworker.
    There are a couple of things that indicate lack of remorse IMO. Obviously I'll have to make some assumptions in terms of intent. First is his attempt to get to his December victim a second time. If one assumes that his intent was to harm her again then that shows entitlement, anger, revenge (as distorted as that is) etc...but not guilt.

    Secondly, his use of violence is escalating. This is usually the result of the need for a higher level of stimulation to achieve the same level of satisfaction from the act. If he was indeed feeling guilt I would think he would make greater attempts to control the use of violence to avoid further feelings of guilt, which is usually seen as self-punishment. If you are a Freudian then guilt is seen as the superego's attempt to control the impulses of the id by "punishing" the ego with negative affect. I see this guy's punishment as being externally focused, not internally.

    Also, if he did leave the PP thong to taunt police that also would indicate narcissism, which in turn indicates a lower ability to feel guilt. Any staging of the body (other than in a way that showed respect for the victim) falls into this category as well. The taking of the underwear or souvenirs is usually for the purpose of being used to relive the experience. It is human nature to not want to relive experiences that we feel badly about. Those are usually repressed, we make every effort not to think about them.

    This guy may feel shame about who he is, or other things in his life but I'd be very, very surprised if he feels guilt about hurting these women. To see empathy from a person who would risk his own life to cause such pain and harm to others is just too difficult for me to grasp.


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1
    This my first time here at Websleuths. I have been following this horrible story ever since Brianna went missing. My heart goes out to Brianna's family. I wish they would find this animal....
    Here is a few of my thoughts...
    Is there a movie theater near where Brianna's body was found? The reason I ask is, people that manage or work for a theater or the people that clean the theater do not get off of work until early morning.
    My other thought is could this monster be a security officer for the the university or someone that cleans the university? How would he know that there would not be anyone in the garage where he raped one of his victims?

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,766
    Welcome Lucky7.
    Good idea about the perp maybe being someone who works the late shift. I posted somewhere on here, about people who worked late possibly seeing something unusual.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,437
    I was just talking about the Center City/Fort Collins rapist on the main Brianna thread and mentioning similarities. The rapist/killer in that instance was in the air force and that is why he ending up moving from Philadelphia to Fort Collins.

    So, on that note, when I was looking for possible military connections to Reno, Nevada. This came up:
    http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...lity/stead.htm

    Stead Training Center
    Army Guard Training Site Reno, Nevada

    Sorry if anyone has already mentioned that and I missed it. But does anyone know if they have checked out any possibility that the perp is in the army and training there? On the website, it says that is only 13 miles north of Reno.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4

    Attack Site Familiarity

    I believe that it is also worthwhile to examine the geographic profiling implications in this case as well. Most experts will agree that the geographic and environmental factors play a large role in the case (geography is responsible for a <25% variance in studied rape cases Rossmo 2000.) In terms of classifying the hunting/encounter/attack site I believe that three classical theories are applicable; occupational, local visibility, or familial. I believe the later to be the most likely scenario. I also believe the proximity to the UNR campus is essential to this offender, both for satisfying his sexual needs/fantasy and for the ample opportunity that exists. Conducting any sort of load distance analysis or Bayesian approach is difficult to do with the absence of so much information. So this post will merely exist to stimulate discussion on this case, and the monster responsible for it.

    Two things I would like to comment on:

    I believe the timing of the December 16th and January 20th to be of some statistical significance. December 16th marks the final week that students would have been on campus at the UNR. January 20th marks the opening of student residences and the reopening of campus following winter break. I would be interested to know if the offender on some level realized this. In my mind it would show a firmer commitment to the hunting area. However it is difficult to link these two variables.

    Secondly, I would like to mention the apparent statistical deviation which exits in this case. Iíll use this crime-location set: E = encounter; A = attack; C = crime; VR = victim release; _ = change of location. In most serial offender cases the attacker shows a greater propensity to separate the encounter and attack from the commission of the crime. This is true of most public outdoor serial predators (parking garage / inside truck, both apply). That is to say the most common equation is ER_C_VR OR ER_CVR. However in this case the suspect shows a greater propensity to commit the crime at the same location as the encounter and attack: ERC_VR. I think this reveals an elevated sense of comfort and familiarity with the UNR campus and surrounding residences. This coupled with the absence of any other crime linkages outside of the community leads me to believe that this man is not only familiar with UNR and the area surrounding it, but has a difficult time hunting anywhere outside of it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3


Similar Threads

  1. MO/IN/KS - I-70 SERIAL KILLER profile, 1992
    By PFF in forum Long Haul Truckers & Neal Falls
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-01-2016, 06:17 PM
  2. Excluding the Ramseys, Profile of the Killer.
    By thelmadawg in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 08-27-2009, 11:14 AM
  3. Profile of the killer(s)
    By PrayersForMaura in forum Deaths of Male College Students/The River Killers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 09:32 PM
  4. Profile of the killer
    By Fran Bancroft in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 07:25 PM

Tags for this Thread