Thread: MO - Dora Magrath, 22, University City, 19 Feb 2009

MO - Dora Magrath, 22, University City, 19 Feb 2009

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_articl...storyid=140808

22 Feb 08

University City Police released new information about the disappearance of a 22-year-old woman Friday afternoon.

Dora Magrath's mother, Linda Holtzman, said her daughter went to a coffee shop Thursday around 12:30 p.m. and did not return home. She said they had dinner plans and they usually speak several times a day, but had not heard from her daughter since.

Police said they were checking Magrath's cell phone records and area hospitals for any possible sightings.

Magrath was last seen wearing a black coat, aqua sweater, brown shoes and carrying a black purse, according to Captain Michael Ransom of the University City Police Department.

Ransom said she was driving a 2007 Chrysler Sebring with Illinois license plate number G530939.

Stay with NewsChannel 5 and KSDK.com for more information on this developing story.

pic

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=286045363

You have to listen to the message/prayer that this man records in the area of music of myspace under Dora. Rather spookey, sounds like he almost believes shes dead already????

He has the same last name as the mother so maybe he is a stepbrother or somethiing?
    Last edited by MeAgnL8Agn; 02-23-2008 at 12:34 AM. Reason: added more

That's definitely Dora's MySpace, MeAgnL8Agn. I've written this blog entry about Dora:

http://www.truecrimeweblog.com/2008/...cian-dora.html

I found a video that Dora uploaded to MySpace last year of her singing "Amazing Grace," accompanying herself on the ukulele. In the context of her being a missing person, the video is heart-wrenching and haunting. She was a compelling singer. Not American Idol material, much more unique-sounding, more indie than that.

Steve

Dora Magrath, 22, Missing Musician, University City, MO

Missing persons information and support thread here.

I wrote a blog entry about Dora here:

Missing in Missouri: Musician Dora Magrath.

I found a video Dora made. It's just her and her ukulele, singing "Amazing Grace." It's unforgettable, and haunting.

She has a history of depression, according to some reports, and there is a fear that she was despondent. The unwritten implication in the report mentioning depression was that she might be a suicide.

Steve

When I saw that Dora is from Missouri I immediately thought of Kara and some other young ladies that have been missing from the MO/KS area. It's a 4 hour car drive between where Kara lived (Belton) and University City.

This is, of course, if Dora was kidnapped and didn't come to any other harm (accident, suicide, etc.) She seemed to have a lot going on lately with the new record and all. Indie musicians in general give off a vibe of depression - it's their default setting. I'm not sure then that she would voluntarily disappear....either way, I hope she is found safe soon.

What a beautiful girl and a beautiful voice. I hope she is found soon.

Seems like her car would have been located by now. I hope she is found soon.

She and her singing just captivated me. I watched the video several times and felt a sweetness and sadness from her. Her voice and way of singing is wonderful.

God. I hope she is ok, and will be back soon, alive and well.

I don't know how to quote so will just say montana_16 I agree with what you said...I was captivated by her voice after I listened too. This is just so heartbreaking and I pray she's ok!

She has been found dead

Missing woman found dead in St. Charles County
    By Joel Currier
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    02/25/2008

ST. CHARLES COUNTY - A woman reported missing last week was found dead Sunday night in St. Charles County, authorities said.

Dora Magrath, 22, was found shortly after 11 p.m. near her dark blue Chrysler Sebring on Highway N near Highway Z, authorites said. Police do not suspect foul play.

Magrath was reported missing last week by her mother.

Unhappy

Oh no..............how terribly sad.

May you rest in peace Dora.

No!

Oh No! OMG.

This is so sad.
    I've been thinking of her day and night. And praying for her. I am crying. For the sweet, talented, special young woman on the video. It's so hard to know she is no longer alive.

No! Her voice captivated me too - I was desperately hoping for Dora to return home safely.

Police: Missing Woman Found Dead in St. Charles County
    Created: 2/25/2008 11:28:53 AM
    Last updated: 2/25/2008 1:35:50 PM

(KSDK) -- A 22-year-old woman reported missing last week was found dead Sunday night in St. Charles County, authorities said.

According to University City Police, Dora Magrath, 22, was found shortly after 11 p.m. near her Chrysler Sebring.......................SNIPPET

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++
    This has just upset me so much. All day I have been singing Amazing Grace with the Dora Magrath twist.

+++

Quote Originally Posted by MeAgnL8Agn View Post
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=286045363

You have to listen to the message/prayer that this man records in the area of music of myspace under Dora. Rather spookey, sounds like he almost believes shes dead already????

He has the same last name as the mother so maybe he is a stepbrother or somethiing?
    This is her younger brother who is also a musician. He wrote the Dear Dora letter days ago and reads it outloud.

Also his other songs are quite good. The poem he reads of Walking to the Sun says so much.

Thoughts are with Dora's brother and family.

Gosh, this is so sad. So young & so much talent. At least her family have some answers, my prayers to all those who loved her.

Oh no, I was so touched by Dora when I watched her video and listened to her sing. It just made me cry. I so wanted her to be found safe and sound so we could hear more from her. I had been thinking about her and praying she'd return safe and sound.

I'm, so sorry. RIP Dora

How can someone with so much love and promising talent just go like that? This is terribly sad - Prayers and blessings to family and loved ones x

Dora's guestbook

I found Dora's obituary and guestbook in case some here at Websleuths would like to sign it.
    montana

http://www.legacy.com/STLToday/Death...onId=104293733

What happened to her?

Has the cause of death been released?

'Sabina' playwright has seen devastation of mental illness in own familyPlaywright Willy Holtzman, who grew up understanding that Jewish mourning practice traditionally lasts for a year, can't help but appreciate the symmetry. Last February, his niece Dora Magrath, 22, took her own life.

http://content.usatoday.com/topics/a...c2R0ZZ6te2Xg/5