IL - Lattie McGee, 4, tortured to death, Chicago, 14 Aug 1987

imthemom

Reaction score
I am right now watching the Steve Wilkos show and he has this 4 year old who died of abuse's mother on there. She was sent to prison for life for his murder even though her BF tortured him to death in 1987. She still is not taking responsibility. :furious:

I find it hard to watch that show. The setting is not serious enough for my liking.

Here we have a guy who found fame as a security guy on the Springer show, was a cop and now he feels qualified to discuss a child's murder? I really feel like it's scandals for ratings and the more disturbing the better.

Sorry for my rant.....what is the mother saying? I've missed the show in my time zone.

I find it hard to watch that show. The setting is not serious enough for my liking.

Here we have a guy who found fame as a security guy on the Springer show, was a cop and now he feels qualified to discuss a child's murder? I really feel like it's scandals for ratings and the more disturbing the better.

Sorry for my rant.....what is the mother saying? I've missed the show in my time zone.

I SO much agree with you...It's not about the "topics" IMO but only about Steve and how he can look like this major hard *advertiser censored* and get people to cower down to him.
I watched 2 shows and was so disgusted that I won't be watching again.
I watched one show about a guy who had supposedly molested his daughter...the guy kept standing up to Steve and Steve said "do you wanna take this out back" or something like that and the guy said "Yeah!" and all of a sudden it just HAS to go to commercial...of course when it was back on the guy was cowering down and "afraid" of Steve.
Hogwash crap that is just as bad as Springer, IMO. So obviously fake it's disgusting.

I SO much agree with you...It's not about the "topics" IMO but only about Steve and how he can look like this major hard *advertiser censored* and get people to cower down to him.
I watched 2 shows and was so disgusted that I won't be watching again.
I watched one show about a guy who had supposedly molested his daughter...the guy kept standing up to Steve and Steve said "do you wanna take this out back" or something like that and the guy said "Yeah!" and all of a sudden it just HAS to go to commercial...of course when it was back on the guy was cowering down and "afraid" of Steve.
Hogwash crap that is just as bad as Springer, IMO. So obviously fake it's disgusting.

Agreed. Fake or not, the fact is that these bozos are getting a paycheck from making a mockery of horrible crimes against children.

I agree he is a little over the top. I just turned the TV on and it was on. She is pathetic. She said it was her boyfriend and she had no idea her son was being tortured for months even though she helped tie his feet to hang him upside down in the closet while her BF beat him. She was smug and even chuckled when he asked if they used the same rag to gag him that they used to tie his feet. He called her a selfish b*itch at the end because she wouldn't admit she did anything wrong and say she was sorry to Laddie. She did finally say she was sorry and she should have stopped it. He then told her he hopes there is a hell and she rots in it. I was really cheering at that part.

http://www.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/tows_2000/tows_past_20000504_e.jhtml

This is Lattie's story.

Lattie McGgee
One hot summer day in Chicago police received a call that a four-year-old boy lay unconscious. In reality, Lattie McGee was already dead. A judge would later say Lattie's death was "the most heinous, brutally sadistic torture and murder he'd ever seen."

Lattie and his older brother, Cornelius Abraham, were tortured by their mother's boyfriend, Johnny Campbell. Campbell decided Lattie was effeminate because of his high pitched voice. He would beat Lattie with fists and sticks, burn him with cigarettes and a clothes iron, dunk him in scalding water, and repeatedly stick him with sewing needles. The cruelty didn't end there. At night, Campbell would leave Lattie and Cornelius hanging upside down on a rod in a darkened closet.

This is Lattie's story.

Lattie McGgee
One hot summer day in Chicago police received a call that a four-year-old boy lay unconscious. In reality, Lattie McGee was already dead. A judge would later say Lattie's death was "the most heinous, brutally sadistic torture and murder he'd ever seen."

Lattie and his older brother, Cornelius Abraham, were tortured by their mother's boyfriend, Johnny Campbell. Campbell decided Lattie was effeminate because of his high pitched voice. He would beat Lattie with fists and sticks, burn him with cigarettes and a clothes iron, dunk him in scalding water, and repeatedly stick him with sewing needles. The cruelty didn't end there. At night, Campbell would leave Lattie and Cornelius hanging upside down on a rod in a darkened closet.

Agreed. Fake or not, the fact is that these bozos are getting a paycheck from making a mockery of horrible crimes against children.

I agree...as a childhood sexual abuse victim I am beyond disgusted...even if I weren't a victim I'd feel sick about it.
YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD WHEN YOU SAID "MOCKERY."

This "mother" should have got life, why is she out now and romping about on talk shows for $$? They should lock her back up for lack of remorse.

As for the link above:
http://www.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/tows_2000/tows_past_20000504_h.jhtml

This is a link off that one, that shows how Latties' brother Cornelius is doing now, and he seems to be doing really great considered the torture he went through. He is a shining example of what he has overcome. It's worth the read.

This "mother" should have got life, why is she out now and romping about on talk shows for $$? They should lock her back up for lack of remorse.

As for the link above:
http://www.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/tows_2000/tows_past_20000504_h.jhtml

This is a link off that one, that shows how Latties' brother Cornelius is doing now, and he seems to be doing really great considered the torture he went through. He is a shining example of what he has overcome. It's worth the read.

He is a remarkable young man and could show so many young people that they can overcome things that have happened in their lives. By the way the mom is in prison and she will never get out. She was interviewed in prison. When asked why Lattie was only 26 lbs she said that she fed him and he did eat. When asked then why he was malnourished she said he couldn't swallow. When asked why he couldn't swallow she said he had some broken bones in his throat but she didn't have insurance to take him to the doctor.

I agree he is a little over the top. I just turned the TV on and it was on. She is pathetic. She said it was her boyfriend and she had no idea her son was being tortured for months even though she helped tie his feet to hang him upside down in the closet while her BF beat him. She was smug and even chuckled when he asked if they used the same rag to gag him that they used to tie his feet. He called her a selfish b*itch at the end because she wouldn't admit she did anything wrong and say she was sorry to Laddie. She did finally say she was sorry and she should have stopped it. He then told her he hopes there is a hell and she rots in it. I was really cheering at that part.

I am sorry, imthemom, I was certainly not calling you out for watching it. :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: Believe me, I have switched it on too and been entranced watching that train wreck. I don't think I saw anything too serious, though, but if I actually caught a few minutes, I know I wouldn't be able to turn it off...but I would never again be able to turn it on, does that make sense?? It does in my crazy mind :crazy: :crazy:

White Rain.....I am very sorry you were hurt as a child. There are no words, so I won't ramble trying to find them. But I am very glad you are a survivor.:)

This is Lattie's story.

Lattie McGgee

She watched TV knowing her son had been hanging upside down all night? What an evil beotch. She should NEVER be allowed to talk about that on TV, much less ever profit. What a sick piece of work she is.

I am sorry, imthemom, I was certainly not calling you out for watching it. :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: Believe me, I have switched it on too and been entranced watching that train wreck. I don't think I saw anything too serious, though, but if I actually caught a few minutes, I know I wouldn't be able to turn it off...but I would never again be able to turn it on, does that make sense?? It does in my crazy mind :crazy: :crazy:

It's okay! I couldn't turn off this one. I am all about mother's being held accountable for their children's abuse and murders by their boyfriends. I actually started a thread about it awhile back so when I seen they were going to ask her why she did nothing to protect him, I had to watch. I often wonder what is going on in these womens minds that they don't or won't save their own children. When he asked her what she felt when he was born she said nothing she had no feelings for him she felt nothing.

This is awful. I have never heard Laddies sad story. How could a mother help someone to do that to her own flesh and blood. More so how could the b/f ever get to the stage where he thought it was okay to suggest such a thing to her?

Lots of mothers don't feel the instant bond. I have asked a couple people about that, coincidentally. My friend said it was a day or 2, as did my sister. They both said, "You instantly love them, but the bonding came after I slept of the birth!!"

It's beside the point, I think she may be stupid enough to try to claim PND all these years later....even though the child was 4!! I don't feel anything for children I pass on the street...would I try to save them from a car heading their way? OF COURSE I WOULD!!!

He is a remarkable young man and could show so many young people that they can overcome things that have happened in their lives. By the way the mom is in prison and she will never get out. She was interviewed in prison. When asked why Lattie was only 26 lbs she said that she fed him and he did eat. When asked then why he was malnourished she said he couldn't swallow. When asked why he couldn't swallow she said he had some broken bones in his throat but she didn't have insurance to take him to the doctor.

I don't watch tv much if at all, that's good that at least she is still in prison. As for her not taking him to a doctor, having no insurance is no excuse she should have applied for medicaid/medicare after taking him. No excuse whatsoever for not taking him aside for her being a horrible "mother" poor child, he probably had failure to thrive also.

NO INSURANCE?? Give me a break! If your child got hurt, you would pick him up and RUN if necessary to the nearest doc office and scream the place down until you got help.
This b!tch should have fried.

NO INSURANCE?? Give me a break! If your child got hurt, you would pick him up and RUN if necessary to the nearest doc office and scream the place down until you got help.
This b!tch should have fried.

Steve said would you have gone to the doctor if you had broken bones in your throat to which she just nodded her head. I am sure she would have. She claims she took him out of the closet but stories I have read said she did not take him out. He also asked her how she did not see all the marks and burns did she not give him a bath or help him go to the bathroom and she said no that he was old enough to give himself a bath and go to the bathroom on his own and that he never cried out so she didn't know he was being hurt.:behindbar

Four years old? Bathing alone?? I think not, or at least, he should not have been MADE to bathe alone.

"No insurance," did this woman actually say this? Please, an abused child is never taken to doctor/hospital! I speak from experience, I was an abused child. My mother never took us to the doctors, no matter how sick we were! She was afraid that we would tell about step-father abusing us. We had great insurance, we were covered by my biological fathers insurance. Laddies & Cornelius story was heartbreaking for me, started to watch TV show yesterday, watched about 10 minutes and had to shut it off. I wanted to reach through TV set & squeeze the life out of her!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back