Officer fined $17,500

golfmom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
A police officer arrested the fire captain on the scene of an accident for not moving a fire truck. The fire captain wanted the truck to stay in place to protect them as they worked, the police officer wanted it moved so that it wouldn't block a lane of traffic.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...381CD87C49EA643F862573EF00177933?OpenDocument

Hazelwood — Federal court jurors awarded $17,500 on Wednesday to a fire captain arrested by a Hazelwood police officer in a dispute over where a firetruck was parked during a 2003 car crash rescue.

Juror Betsy Vennemann said after the verdict, "We wanted to make a statement that this kind of behavior will not be tolerated."

Video of the arrest can be seen at this link: http://www.fox11az.com/news/topstories/stories/KMSB-20080215-ktvkbp-officerfined.c58adb00.html

You are freaking kidding me! What was the officer trying to accomplish by arresting the fire chief during a rescue?

You are freaking kidding me! What was the officer trying to accomplish by arresting the fire chief during a rescue?

That he should be in charge of the scene ... which he was absolutely wrong about.

What blew my mind is that he cuffed the Fire Chief as he was physically working on the victim. :mad:

That he should be in charge of the scene ... which he was absolutely wrong about.

What blew my mind is that he cuffed the Fire Chief as he was physically working on the victim. :mad:

Here (TN) it's a misdemeanor for interfering with rescue personnel. Also regs here say that at acccidents requiring EMTs the EMTs control unless a physician is there, and then they control. I'll have to look up fire scenes.

What I really want to know is whether this unbalanced individual is still on the force; if he tries this in public with a fire chief, imagine how he behaves one-on-one with us regular private citizens.

Crypto6

Power play... pure and simple. This idiot officer should have notified his Supervisor for advise and/or to come to the scene if he had an issue with what was happening... he didn't.

From the article:
His attorney says he's disappointed and that his client's conduct was not malicious in any way.

Riiiiight... this "conduct" could have cost the victim his life. It could have cost a firefighter/rescue worker his life. This idiot officer deserves to be fired for pulling a power play stunt during a life saving operation.

Ducking from lisag, thanks golfmom, whispering this is a good cop thread, it really takes the cake eh? I don't even want to go look at the video, will cause me to get angrier.

Does anyone want to know what was really going on with this officer? It may sound cryptic, but it's really not. His underlying current is he serves the Father of Death. He was trying to hinder the rescue of a life, that's the spiritual demonic warfare Ladies and Gentleman that you just witnessed here.

One of our earlier posters mentioned this as it could have hindered the rescue effort. Good for the jury, good for the rescue mission, goodness overcame evil. :clap:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back