School Bus FIGHT!

VIDEO at LINK

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,332050,00.html

PHOENIX — Police on Friday charged a driver with aggravated assault and disorderly conduct in connection with a brawl involving three students on an Arizona school bus, MyFoxPhoenix.com reported.

I saw this video on TV last nite. It all started when the girl wanted to get off the bus. I don't know but I'm guessing that it might not have been a scheduled stop. Dunno.
Anyways, I wonder if it was this girl who is charged with assault. The bus driver's daughter really got into it too. She came flying from the back and really grabbed on the girl's hair.

What a mess.

i saw this on Greta's show last night....boy o' boy, i could never be a school bus driver for a bunch of teens....i'd have smacked that little biotch so hard...wouldn't have been any investigation; i'd have simply lost my job, been sued, & gone to jail.....

The bus driver, and the bus driver's daughter are in the wrong here! Did you watch the video close_enough? :confused: :eek: I don't care that the teen maybe was trying to bend the rules (if she even was) so she could go see her friend instead of riding the bus to her house. You DO NOT throw someone else's property like that! Those things cost money! You DO NOT EVER put your hands on a minor, *PERIOD*! She is wrong, and she probably will lose her job over this and rightfully so. Watch, her daughter will take up a campaign of harassment over this, which will end up in court with a restraining order. If it doesn't end with another school shooting. :(

The bus driver, and the bus driver's daughter are in the wrong here! Did you watch the video close_enough? :confused: :eek: I don't care that the teen maybe was trying to bend the rules (if she even was) so she could go see her friend instead of riding the bus to her house. You DO NOT throw someone else's property like that! Those things cost money! You DO NOT EVER put your hands on a minor, *PERIOD*! She is wrong, and she probably will lose her job over this and rightfully so. Watch, her daughter will take up a campaign of harassment over this, which will end up in court with a restraining order. If it doesn't end with another school shooting. :(

yes, i saw it Kat, & that's why i posted i could never be a bus driver for a load of teens......i've have been in a LOT more trouble than this bus driver will be.....mouthy teens drive me crazy!:blushing:

Are you sure it was the same amount of video as in the article linked in the first post of this topic? ETA: Words are words, and the age of the person saying them doesn't matter with regards to controlling yourself in your reaction to the words. If you can control yourself and not hit a mouthy adult, and not grab their cellphone and throw it, than you can do the same with a teen.

hey Katk...I do believe the bus driver was out of line first BUT I cannot fault her daughter for coming to her aid. Not at all.
Such a nasty situation for everyone involved.

My favorite bus driver was a big ole redneck guy, who wasn't afraid of the kids. And, yes ... there were occasions, where he put his hands on the kids. I don't think that there was a parent that would have complained. His bus was a bully free zone. He didn't tolerate nonsense.

this is an awful situation. the student approaching the front of the bus should have a whole list of charges against her. She endangered everyone on the bus and including drivers, people in the immediate area. An aggressive teen should be handled in whatever manner it takes to restore order. You just don't know what kind of weapons one of these kids might be carrying or if she had consumed some type of drugs causing out of control behavior.
By the time a student reaches their teenage years they are very familiar with bus rules, this girl deliberately caused this confrontation. She's old enough to be held completely responsible.
If that was my mother being confronted, I would have grabbed that girl by the hair and laid her out on the floor. :behindbar

My favorite bus driver was a big ole redneck guy, who wasn't afraid of the kids. And, yes ... there were occasions, where he put his hands on the kids. I don't think that there was a parent that would have complained. His bus was a bully free zone. He didn't tolerate nonsense.

I remember my bus driver from HS Mr Yeager ..
He was such a kind person. He handled us by being just kind.
He died of a heart attack many years ago.
No one ever gave him a hard time as he always had a smile and did not treat us like dumb teenagers..
A few years later my sister had a bus driver in the same school district who I got fired because he swore at the children and drove like a psycho.
Over the years with 4 children, one of them disabled, I have met many bus drivers and almost all of them were wonderful.

My only vivid memory of any school bus drivers in my past was one who openly picked his nose and ate whatever he got out of it. I actually begged my mom to let me carpool with a friend b/c it grossed me out so much.

I watched this video and I do believe the girl started it...but the bus driver didn't handle it well.

<snip> the student approaching the front of the bus should have a whole list of charges against her. She endangered everyone on the bus and including drivers, people in the immediate area.

Why do you believe she endangered everyone? The bus was STOPPED! That's right, the friend who came to that girls' aid was getting off at *her* stop. The woman who gave the interview is the parent who was standing outside the bus and saw the whole thing. The "aggressive" teen wanted to get off at her friend's stop. There was no danger because the bus was stopped!

Why do you believe she endangered everyone? The bus was STOPPED! That's right, the friend who came to that girls' aid was getting off at *her* stop. The woman who gave the interview is the parent who was standing outside the bus and saw the whole thing. The "aggressive" teen wanted to get off at her friend's stop. There was no danger because the bus was stopped!
1. Classroom conduct is to be observed.
2. No unnecessary conversation with the driver while the bus is in motion.
3. Students must ride their assigned bus and each must board and depart at his or her designated bus stop. Students must present a written request from the parent/guardian to the Principal or Designee for approval of requested change.
4. Students are to be at the bus stop at least 5 minutes before scheduled pick-up as bus will not wait beyond the scheduled pick-up time.
5. Students will stand well off the roadway and exhibit appropriate behavior while waiting for he bus. (Parents are responsible for students prior to boarding and after departing the bus).
6. Students will board, depart and cross the roadway as per instructions from the Bus Driver.
7. The Bus Driver must assign seats and students will sit in their assigned seats at all times.
8. No portions of the body are permitted outside the bus windows.
9. Reptiles, bugs, animals or marine life (alive or dead) are not permitted on the bus.
10. Smoking, use of tobacco products or other mood modifying substances is strictly prohibited.
11. Band instruments, school projects or special equipment which interfere with the seating or safety of others are not permitted on the bus.
12. Inappropriate gestures, obscenities, vulgarity or profanity will not be permitted.
13. Eating, drinking or chewing gum is not permitted on the bus.
14. Students will not throw any items in/out of the bus.
15. Students will be responsible for VANDALISM and RESTITUTION will be required.
16. Students must be absolutely quiet when the dome lights are on. Excessive noise is prohibited at all times.
17. Any behavior that adversely effects the safety or well being of others is prohibited.
18. All riders must be silent at railroad crossings.

Heres the bus rules for this county.
The bus was running and in position for unloading students, not for an agressive confrontation with a willful teen who wanted her way.

I think they are all in the wrong. Bunch of angry confrontational people. No one did anything right IMO.

Yes, I conceded that she was probably trying to bend the rules to get her way. That does *NOT* excuse the bus driver who put her hands on the student first! My husband's relative worked with "problem" students and the rules were they were not permitted to touch the students AT ALL, I believe she said not even if they were violent, they were to call security! This is a universal rule. That is what the guards are for. That bus driver grabbed the teen's arm, and tried to restrain her. The bus driver does not get a free pass for THROWING THE TEENS CELL PHONE either. You know if it were two adults in such a confrontation, that the bus driver would be the one charged and GOING TO JAIL, and having to pay for the cellphone if it was broken. Why should it be different with a teen? It should be harsher I say. She's in a position of authority and she abused her position. If you cannot do that to another adult/person, than you cannot do that to a minor who is in your charge.

I think they are all in the wrong. Bunch of angry confrontational people. No one did anything right IMO.

I agree, however, I think the bus driver was the most in the wrong and should face the consequences.

I agree, however, I think the bus driver was the most in the wrong and should face the consequences.

KatK, I know you're all righteously outraged, but from the story, the driver HAS been charged with aggravated assault and disorderly conduct.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back