1122 users online (238 members and 884 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs down Anti-Smoking Crusaider

This guy wants fire pits, barbecues, fire places and wood stoves all BANNED!

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=140997

Crackling logs in the hearth offer a toasty reprieve during these brutal winter months.
    --------

Kenneth Dubinski of Elk Grove Village is leading a group seeking to prevent wood smoke from wafting through the air, pushing to ban what he calls the new secondhand smoke. He is working to galvanize support on the heels of a statewide tobacco smoking ban.

here you go--- and so many folks couldnt understand the big deal about banning cig smoking at outdoor places--- to me it was never because it was cigarrettes- it was because the RIGHT was taken away----- now this----- whats next?

A life.

He needs one.

I just keep getting a vision of one caveman sneaking around putting out all the cave fires because he's gettin' a headache ... as they all slowly freeze to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Karole28 View Post
    A life.

He needs one.
    he seems to have one--- worrying about how everyone else should live theirs

Quote Originally Posted by j2mirish View Post
    he seems to have one--- worrying about how everyone else should live theirs
    I guess. I can just imagine trying to enforce this.

Wonder if he's willing to kick in for paying for people who don't use any other kind of heat?
    If not, I'm wondering how the smell of thawing bodies in the spring, might effect his breathing?

Quote Originally Posted by Karole28 View Post
    I guess. I can just imagine trying to enforce this.

Wonder if he's willing to kick in for paying for people who don't use any other kind of heat?
    If not, I'm wondering how the smell of thawing bodies in the spring, might effect his breathing?
    He wants the state to pay incentives for homeowners to convert their fireplaces to GAS.

Quote Originally Posted by golfmom View Post
    He wants the state to pay incentives for homeowners to convert their fireplaces to GAS.
    Of course. I guess moving to a warmer climate more suitable to his sensitive allergies would be out of the question?

(ya know, like thousands of people do, each year (AZ)?

People like this make me crazy. It must really be a powerful feeling to be able to tell everyone else how they should live and behave.

Next up, think of the children.

I waited 20 years to finally have a wood burning fireplace built. It is huge and was not cheap. I do hearth cooking on it. It brightens my mood on dark winter days. It is still legal to have and use. I will most fervently fight changes in this direction in my locality.
    I'd like to see him tell guys they can't BBQ. BBQ'ing is like a religion around here.

Hope Mr. Dubinski never moves to my town, because the majority of people who live here have fireplaces & wood burning stoves. Not only keeps us nice & toasty, but cuts down on the heating cost. We buy 2 cords of wood at around $400.00 and that usually get us through the winter months. If we didn't have a fireplace, our heating bill would be $200.00 a month! Hmmm, perhaps Mr. Dubinski works for the gas or electric company?

From the article:

One forum for the debate has been the letters columns of the Daily Herald, where Dubinski and his supporters regularly appear, sparking spirited replies from wood-burning fans.

Sounds like he has a fan base of similar nuts.

Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

Please do not ever become discouraged in your work by the comments of people who lack education on the harmful effects of wood burning smoke. My father (John Engelhardt) made it his life long mission to educate people on the harmful effects of wood-burning smoke. He left behind six children with spouses and sixteen grandchildren, who now have their own spouses, and their own children and are all going out into the world and carrying on the education of the harmful effects of wood burning smoke. DO PEOPLE NOT WONDER WHY SO MANY OF OUR CHILDREN ARE CARRYING INHALERS TO BREATHE? IS THERE NOT SOMETHING WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE? THANK YOU FOR THE WORK YOU ARE DOING!!!!!!!
    posted by Laurie Schaefer on Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:22 AM
    From the article.

Apparently Ms Shaefer agrees with him.

Wonder where the advocates are for banning carpets in homes, dirt roads, pets (dander), pollen, et freakin cetera.

Where I live, we're going to have to pave everything. Pollen kills me. Where's the government to save me from God?

Quote Originally Posted by golfmom View Post
    Great. We'll never wean ourselves from the Middle East oil!

To my knowledge, unlike cig smoke, wood smoke doesn't have carcinogens, poisons, etc.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

DK, he has "environmental concerns" .... plus the smoke gives him a headache. I think he gives me a headache. He certainly hasn't thought this one through. ETA: I wonder why they didn't have cow emissions on the EPA list ... LOL

Particulate pollution

• Residential wood burning: 35%

• Other sources: 30%

• Cars and trucks: 21%

• Forest fires: 13%

• Other residential fuels: 1%

Source: EPA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast