1130 users online (225 members and 905 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188

    Question Has the AMBER ROOM been found?

    Oh I hope so, I've always been intrigued by this mystery.

    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/eu...st-784891.html

    Why are we asking this now?

    Because the hunt for the fabled Amber Room, regarded as one of Russia's truly great art treasures, could be over. The Amber Room, so-called for its ornate amber panels, was kept in Russia for more than 200 years, before it was looted by the Nazis during the Second World War.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188
    They're 90% certain it's the Amber Room, but it'll take months to dig out due to fears of Nazi booby traps. Sounds like there's gonna be a BIG battle as to who can claim the room. Just out of curiosity, who in the hell has ever heard of a "legal successor" to the Third Reich.

    http://www.spiegel.de/international/...536358,00.html

    "If we find the treasure it will probably be declared the property of the Federal Republic of Germany as legal successor to the Third Reich," said Haustein.

    "It would be good if the state could hand it over to the Russians without preconditions and if the Russians could then hand over the art they looted from Germany. That would be a sign of national reconciliation. That's my goal."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    6,293
    Quote Originally Posted by golfmom View Post
    They're 90% certain it's the Amber Room, but it'll take months to dig out due to fears of Nazi booby traps. Sounds like there's gonna be a BIG battle as to who can claim the room. Just out of curiosity, who in the hell has ever heard of a "legal successor" to the Third Reich.

    http://www.spiegel.de/international/...536358,00.html

    "If we find the treasure it will probably be declared the property of the Federal Republic of Germany as legal successor to the Third Reich," said Haustein.

    "It would be good if the state could hand it over to the Russians without preconditions and if the Russians could then hand over the art they looted from Germany. That would be a sign of national reconciliation. That's my goal."
    And while they're playing the swap game, they can hand over the masterpieces stolen from Jewish families during the Reich as well.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Texana View Post
    And while they're playing the swap game, they can hand over the masterpieces stolen from Jewish families during the Reich as well.
    The missing art that he's whining about is, in fact, the artwork that the Third Reich plundered from from private and public collections throughout all of Europe. Russia's wrong for not making public the artworks that they have hidden, but this guy has some mighty big balls to be demanding them back as property of the Third Reich!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    6,293
    Quote Originally Posted by golfmom View Post
    The missing art that he's whining about is, in fact, the artwork that the Third Reich plundered from from private and public collections throughout all of Europe. Russia's wrong for not making public the artworks that they have hidden, but this guy has some mighty big balls to be demanding them back as property of the Third Reich!
    Exactly.

    My point, while you're asking for the Amber Room, hand over a few--or many--works of art to the families the Third Reich looted from Jewish owners.

    Talk about nerve!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    400
    I hope it's true! I've always been fascinated with the legend.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188
    The hunt for the Amber Room has been called off due to a disagreement. It's almost comical.

    http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/science...iref=hpmostpop

    (CNN) -- Treasure hunter Christian Hanisch told CNN Thursday that the hunt for Nazi Gold and possibly the legendary Amber Room will end Friday after the two men leading the expedition had a disagreement.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    5,180
    “Authorities have greenlighted an expedition in a German cave complex to search for £200million worth of treasure from Russia's Amber room, which was looted by Nazis during World War II.

    A trio of aging sleuths - homeopath Leonhard Blume, 73, scientist GŁnter Eckardt, 67, and georadar specialist Peter Lohr, 71 - are convinced the missing Amber Room of the Russian Tsars lies in the Prince's Cave in the Hartenstein hills near Dresden.

    Third Reich scientists used the cave complex during the war - but all records of what went on there have mysteriously vanished from local archives.

    Lohr used radar imaging to detect underground booby traps and what appear to be bunkers under the soil.”

    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4vezzNC9G
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

    Merry Christmas to all Websleuths staff, members and guests.



Similar Threads

  1. TX - 4mnth old found dead in motel room
    By zwiebel in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-18-2014, 11:44 PM
  2. Dumb-bell weights found in JB's room!
    By Ames in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-23-2010, 02:41 PM
  3. Dumbbell Weights Found in JB's Room!?!?!
    By Ames in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 11:47 PM
  4. Packng Popcorn found in room with body
    By gsquared in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 08-28-2006, 08:11 PM