954 users online (195 members and 759 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TX - Stephen Palacios, 3, Waco, 28 March 1993

Missing Since: March 28, 1993 from Waco, Texas
    Classification: Family Abduction
    Date of Birth: September 21, 1989
    Height and Weight: 3'0, 40 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Hispanic male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Stephen Jr. has a strawberry birthmark on his right thigh.

Details of Disappearance

Stephen was abducted by his non-custodial father, whose name is also Stephen Michael Palacios, on March 28, 1993 from Waco, Texas. Photographs and vital statistics for Stephen Sr. are posted below this case summary. A felony warrant for custodial interference was issued for his on April 27, 1993, a month after he abducted his son. Neither of them have ever been heard from again.

Left: Stephen Sr., circa 1993;
    Right: Age-progression to age 32 (circa 2000)

Date of Birth: May 28, 1968
    Height and Weight: 5'5, 160 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Hispanic male. Brown hair, blue eyes.

Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    McLennan County Sheriff's Office
    OR
    Texas Department of Public Safety

800-346-3243

Missing son sees himself in paper, turns in dad

A Texas mother's 17-year-long search for her son who authorities say was taken by his father is over after the grown-up son apparently saw a newspaper story about himself and persuaded his dad to turn himself in.

Stephen Palacios Jr. of Waco was held Friday on charges of interference with child custody. He and his son went to a Houston attorney's office Thursday where the father surrendered to federal authorities.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39232393...me_and_courts/

How wonderful!

I wonder where he was living all this time? Just curious.

man emerges after reading story about his 1993 abduction

20 year old convinces his father to turn himself in.....

http://www.kshb.com/news/national/ma...1993-abduction
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 02-15-2016 at 08:06 AM. Reason: fixed link

wow. Talk about a shocker for mom. But a good one. What did the son think had happened to his mother? What reason did his father give him growing up as to why his mom wasn't in the picture?

So many wasted years to make up for.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

After 17 years, father turns himself in for kidnapping son

[snip]

It's still not known where the two have been living, but what is known, U.S. Marshals say, is that it's a relief to have the wanted father in custody.

More: http://www.cbs19.tv/Global/story.asp?S=13173945

I found this story to be so bittersweet. It sounds as if this man cared for his son well, but what he caused all three of them to go through was heartless.

I was also amazed that the son read the WACO paper, saw the story about himself and caused his Dad to turn himself in.

Some of the comments indicate that, as always, there is more to this story.
    "The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein

TX - Texas man, abducted as a boy, turns his father in

Quite a story!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100917/...FzbWFuYWJkdQ--

Texas man, abducted as a boy, turns his father in

"Twenty-year-old Stephen Michael Palacios came across a newspaper story recently about a boy allegedly abducted by his father in 1993. Palacios, it turns out, was that boy.

After learning about his past, Palacios persuaded his father to turn himself in — even accompanying him to a lawyer's office this week — and will soon be reunited with the mother who desperately searched for him for 17 years.

"I am so excited," his mother, Dee Ann Adams, 40, told the Waco Tribune-Herald. "I'm really not even sure how I feel right now. It has been such a long time, and I had to move on. I had other kids I had to take care of. I am happy, and I am hoping we can rebuild our relationship....."

and

"....He was 3 when he disappeared after a visit with his father, Stephen Palacios Jr., a high school Latin teacher and basketball coach in Waco who had been granted visitation rights after the couple's divorce...."

more at link

Wow. It appears they were currently using their real names. A quick search shows up both the dad and the son. The article said it wasn't clear if they used aka's but the man is a teacher and I found some articles with his name included.

Hoping this young man has better days. Obviously the dad did a good job raising him. Not advocating kidnapping your child, but he sounds like a fine young man.

This man seems to genuinely love his son. I have no idea what his true motivation was for his actions, but his decision changed multiple lives.

I wonder what he had been told about his mother? The fact that he read the newspaper article and then persuaded his Dad to action is quite amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleA View Post
    Some of the comments indicate that, as always, there is more to this story.
    Just waiting for about a year from now when the son says, "Dad, you were right."

Quote Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
    This man seems to genuinely love his son. I have no idea what his true motivation was for his actions, but his decision changed multiple lives.

I wonder what he had been told about his mother? The fact that he read the newspaper article and then persuaded his Dad to action is quite amazing.
    With all due respect, this kind of enormous assumption, based on housing, feeding, and keeping him from any kind of relationship with his own mother for 17 years is extremely dangerous to many innocent children out there. If Gabriel Johnson shows back up in 17 years, would we say the same about his abductor?

We cannot know what kind of motivation this man had, nor the personality disorders or mental illnesses. I will be waiting on more information before judging that he had "genuine love" for his son.

Quote Originally Posted by OneLove View Post
    With all due respect, this kind of enormous assumption, based on housing, feeding, and keeping him from any kind of relationship with his own mother for 17 years is extremely dangerous to many innocent children out there. If Gabriel Johnson shows back up in 17 years, would we say the same about his abductor?

We cannot know what kind of motivation this man had, nor the personality disorders or mental illnesses. I will be waiting on more information before judging that he had "genuine love" for his son.
    I have to agree. I just read about this story in the newspaper in the last couple of days. The mother had custody. She's been grieving the last 17 years. I see the father as extremely selfish...
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Quote Originally Posted by OneLove View Post

Respectfully I disagree. Sunnie followed up her statement that the decision changed multiple lives. Following alot of her posts she'd be the last person to want to put children in danger.

It's quite obvious he raised a decent young man. We don't know what else he did besides housing and feeding him. Someone got him that far in life. His father is a criminal that is for sure. What he did was immesnely wrong.

We will have to wait and see when it all comes out what the motivation was. Meanwhile one persons definition of love is different than anothers. Again if it was higly dangerous to innocent children I am sure she wouldn't have posted as such. JMHO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast