Boy Kills Mailman

Shylock

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
"PITTSBURGH - A 10-year-old boy told police he may have accidentally shot to death a postal carrier last summer when he fired a gun through his window at a tree.
The boy, whose name was not released, was 9 at the time of the shooting."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4585196/

I wonder if THIS kid is culpable...

The age at which kids are considered culpable varies from state to state. In Colorado 9-year-olds aren't culpable for any crimes.

Here's an article from the Stamford Advocate about a 9-year-old boy that was charged with rape in Stamford, Connecticut. The article is no longer available online. At least I can't find it, or any of the followup articles on the case, including the one that said he had indeed been charged.

Boy, 9, to face rape charges
April 15, 2003
By Eve Sullivan, Staff Writer

STAMFORD -- A 9-year-old Stamford boy is set to be charged with raping a 7-year-old girl in the bathroom of Roxbury Elementary School, according to Stamford police.

The incident occurred at the end of last month, but no action has been taken against the boy yet, police said.

"He will be charged," Lt. Arthur Boccuzzi, head of the Stamford Police Department's youth bureau, said yesterday. "He hasn't been charged as of today."

The boy followed the girl into a coed bathroom between noon and 1 p.m. during a school day and "sodomized" her, Boccuzzi said. The sex act was forced, he said.

IMO

Lies, lies and more lies. If you talk to the right posters around here and elsewhere, they will explain to you that those police officers around the country are lying.

Don't you know that nine year olds are incapable of these types of crimes?

Gee Whiz you guys! :rolleyes:

LOL, Barbara. You got that right that many posters on JBR forums refuse to believe that 9-year-old boys are capable of such things. It's unfortunate that at least some of the BPD investigators in the JonBenet case, including Steve Thomas, refused to believe it either.

imo

Well, Ivy. let me tell you, you ALMOST have me convinced that BDI. You put forward a good argument of probability. I always thought Patsy or John did it, but after reading here I suspect they are merely guilty of the cover up. It's reading your posts that have got me interested in this case again.

Brefie, though I'm pretty much convinced that BDI, I don't discount certain PDI theories I've read, or even some of the JDI theories. The only theories that make no sense to me at all are IDI theories. (Thanks for saying my posts got you interested in the case again. :))

IMO

Ivy said:
Brefie, though I'm pretty much convinced that BDI, I don't discount certain PDI theories I've read, or even some of the JDI theories. The only theories that make no sense to me at all are IDI theories. (Thanks for saying my posts got you interested in the case again. :))

IMO

My pleasure, Ivy ;) . It's so true.

Before I started reading here, (I'll be honest, it was when the LP case was at a lull) all I knew about the case was what had been reported in the mass media. Ok, here goes more honesty, a good chunk of it was from the NE. I was of the admittedly very weak opinion that Patsy or John did it. I was always the first to say that I knew very little of the case and that I could never convict on what I knew, but I suspected them. Then I started reading here and so much of what you said made a lot of sense and fits perfectly with what is fact and what is 'almost' fact (what I consider a widely reported rumor to be in some cases - depending on source).
I must admit and I'm ashamed to do so, but the fact that Burke may have done it intrigues the living daylights out of me. But, I guess, if we are all honest, it's not 'any old murder' that grabs our attention, it's the Laci Petersons, the Darlie Routiers and the Diane Downs that interest us.

Brefie, speaking of the NE, have you read the NE's book JonBenet: The Police File? It contains a compilation of police interviews of the Ramseys, and includes exact transcripts. I've always been leery of the tabs, including the NE, but the NE did a good job on it, I think. It's striking how little the Rs remember in the interviews compared to how much they remembered when writing their book. In DOI, Patsy even recalled such minutae as blinking and closing her eyes and feeling a tear run down her cheek. ;)

IMO

Ivy, I haven't read it, but I'm sure I'll remedy that pretty soon. Thanks for the recommendation. I think I posted somewhere here that I had to go to 3 bookstores before I got a JonBenet book a few weeks ago.....and they were 'decent' stores!?!?!
(I know I could buy online, but I love book stores!)

Hmmm...that Patsy is a strange bird. Image is everything, it seems, murderess or not.
Do you know where the proceeds of DOI go? I'd hate to think I was lining their pockets, but I would like to read it. primarily for entertainment value. I mean no disrespect to JonBenet, but I'm sure the book is laughable in parts.

Barbara said:
Don't you know that nine year olds are incapable of these types of crimes? :rolleyes:
Hmmmm... Now I wonder which is harder for a 9-year old to do: Load, aim, and fire a handgun - or bash a smaller child over the head with a baseball bat.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back