1198 users online (246 members and 952 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by guestwriter View Post
    I read somewhere that the reason Brianna's case got such notoriety and publicity is because her family is somehow related to a high person in nevada government and I cannot recall who it is....will try and find that info if important to you...

The Govenor's wife's son and Brianna went to High School together.
    This is the only connection; the case was getting a lot of attention before Governor's wife joined the search team - about a week before the body was found. There is no 'relation'.

Quote Originally Posted by newshound81 View Post
    I'm not saying this is my opinion, but thought it was an interesting note to add to this discussion:

I have knowledge from someone connected to the December rape case that the police did very little follow-up on that rape. The victim was made to feel like a criminal by the questioning officers. She was made to feel like she had committed a crime, not the creep who attacked her. RPD did very little to pursue th perpetrator of that attack. It wasn't until they realized the same guy was involved in the Denison case that they began a serious search for the guy. I think a little "Oh ----, we f***ed-up" entered the picture and they have been scrambling ever since to cover their asses and find the creep. The longer this goes on, the worse it looks for them.

I read this on craigslist a few weeks ago as well. This is where most of the rumors are coming from. A few nights ago the local evening news had all the rumors on the show. This was one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    I wrote this long before you even made a point.
    >
    I don't see how thats possible considering it was a long winded response to one of my posts.

TBH = Doting Father, Loving & Faithful Husband, Volunteer FF/EMT, Steward of the Land, Patriot, Athiest.

I am trying to catch up on this case. Real life has been busy lately.

By and large I agree most members of LE are good and try to do the right thing. However, when my daughter's best friend came up missing (and later deceased), LE didn't do crap. They really didn't do anything until the "True Crime Blog" reported about her missing. Then, of course, they didn't want anyone to know what screw-ups they were. There was one Sheriff's Deputy, however, that was concerned and did whatever he could to help. In fact, he told me he didn't understand the city's lack of concern. LE here really didn't get serious until my daughter's friend was missing for four days!!! And then, that was only because the FBI was going to get involved! Of course, this is just my opinion, dealing with AR LE for a long time.

Back to reading...
    Last edited by tezi; 03-15-2008 at 07:43 PM. Reason: to add comment....

Quote Originally Posted by adnoid View Post
    In an interview Brianna's mother says:

Source: http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...00337/0/NEWS18

I'd assume LE is sharing more with the family than the public, it's good the family feels that everything possible is being done.
    thanks for posting this....& yes, i agree, cause if LE wasn't, you can bet the family would be speaking out....jmo

And if the family was complaining I'd pay attention to that.

Perhaps we can come up with some sort of form that criminals are required to fill out before they commit a crime, to make it easier for the police to track them down...
    lol, YES!...wouldn't that be great...

And if the family was complaining I'd pay attention to that.

Perhaps we can come up with some sort of form that criminals are required to fill out before they commit a crime, to make it easier for the police to track them down...
    Just a little heads up. Some in the family have complained. This was in THREAD#5 POSTED 2-18-08

Originally Posted by panthera
    John Zunino, Brianna's uncle, being interviewed by Nancy. He believes this could've been avoided if the DNA had been tested after the first attack.
    I thought I remembered there was family in agreement when Nancy and the so called talking heads were critical of RPD.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7