TN - Girl raped on school bus

This is unbelievable that the driver didn't see or hear and that the other kids around did or said nothing. :furious: They failed this girl, and horribly. Not small kids of course, but the older ones AND the driver.
That poor girl...I bet she will never want to show her face at school again. Many prayers for her!

Look at the driver, he looks stoned in the photo! :eek:

18-year-old HS senior rapist...a MAN. He is identified by name and photo and charged as an adult. :woohoo: :woohoo:

That poor little 14 yo girl. Prayers for her and her family...I hope they sue the school system, too.

Once again, another story that shocks me to the the nth degree. :furious:
WHY did no one help this girl? :mad:
The article says she REPEADEDLY screamed for help.
If I was her parent, I swear I'd take care of the rapist and the bus driver myself. (Hopefully her parents will enroll her in another school and first get her counseling.)

http://www.newschannel5.com/global/story.asp?s=7923713

Police said the incident was recorded on the bus surveillance camera.
"This girl she screamed, ‘No, stop it, leave me alone,'" Evans said.
The video, which was not released to the media, shows the girl fighting back and screaming for help.
The victim's family

I feel so horrible for this girl. The article said she was screaming, and you mean to tell me the driver didn't hear her? I don't believe it for one minute. He's trying to cover his *advertiser censored*! I don't understand the other kids on the bus not speaking up though, surely they must have seen or heard something? I agree with englishleigh the driver looks like he's on drugs.

The driver is a complete bufoon and as for the other kids on this bus, well they are as pathetic and disgusting as the kid who actually committed the rape. I am dumbfounded.
There were 60 kids on that bus and not one person helped her.:bang:

The driver is a complete bufoon and as for the other kids on this bus, well they are as pathetic and disgusting as the kid who actually committed the rape. I am dumbfounded.

Tell um csds.
The bus driver should be fired, imo.

The driver looks like Michael Moore.

p.s. I would seriously beat the crap out of that kid and that bus driver...all of those kids on the bus who didn't help are disgusting piles of crap. If my kid just let that happen to another human I would thrash him.

The driver looks like Michael Moore.

p.s. I would seriously beat the crap out of that kid and that bus driver...all of those kids on the bus who didn't help are disgusting piles of crap. If my kid just let that happen to another human I would thrash him.

:clap:

Nuts! I think they should all get in trouble for NOT helping her!
:mad:

I gaurantee you half of those kids probably had iPod headphones on and they didn't hear a damn thing.

This is terrible. Whatever provoked this, if anything shouldn't have ended in rape. Surely some of the others on the bus witnessed the forced attack. We need to teach our children to speak out in these situations. I'm sure some might have been afraid to tell the bus driver, or maybe the driver didn't listen. All I know is that children need to step to the plate and protect eachother and not be afraid to make a stand. Has it been mentioned the relationship of the girl to this boy being they were sitting together?

This makes me physically ill! I have to wonder what else this 18 year old has done on that bus through the years.

VB

I am at loss of words... this should never happen on a school bus.

This is terrible. Whatever provoked this, if anything shouldn't have ended in rape. Surely some of the others on the bus witnessed the forced attack. We need to teach our children to speak out in these situations. I'm sure some might have been afraid to tell the bus driver, or maybe the driver didn't listen. All I know is that children need to step to the plate and protect eachother and not be afraid to make a stand. Has it been mentioned the relationship of the girl to this boy being they were sitting together?

I'm not sure I'm understanding this, but are you thinking this 14 year old girl somehow is responsible for being raped?

VB

Can we move this to crimes? This is horrible, was in the article it said that 60 students were on the bus at the time. That's unlawful. It was probably complete chaos so it really is possible the driver didn't notice. When i was young, we had 40 on the bus at points and kids were yelling jumping around sitting on top of seats, it was complete bedlam. With 60 kids on a bus, let alone 40, there aren't even enough seats for everyone to remain seated. I'm pissed that those who were near her did nothing to stop it. I would have beat that guy with my fists, books, anything available, a tennis racket, etc. Those around them had to know what was going on; ipods or not. There is no excuse, these kids are turning a blind eye, it's disgusting!!
For one bus driver with 60 kids on board there is no way he is going to be able to control all of them, and i'm sure the attacker made certain that some were blocking the view of what he was doing. Even 40 kids are less is loud and a complete ruckus. If they have a limit of a smaller amount of kids on a bus, it's easier to control. What i don't understand is why didn't anyone around this girl get up and go tell the driver so he could stop the bus; why didn't anyone call 911 from the bus? All these kids have cell phones nowadays.
As for this quote from the driver:
"I'm trying to drive this bus, to get the kids home safe and the traffic in Rutherford County," said Joe Bond, who drives school bus No. 187. "And I glance back to make sure nobody's standing up, jumping around or having a fight."

There is no way he can control 60 children and there's no way there are seats for all of those children to sit down. You'll have them standing in the aisles and 3 to a seat; still no room. With the way kids in large groups are loud, he may really not have heard it. I'm curious as to exactly how many were really on the bus at the time. In the article it says 60 and if that truly is the case, he very well may not have noticed. They also need to divide up that route so it's at least 30 students to a bus.
This is a disgrace, i'm upset that no students tried to intervene.

I have been on my kids school bus before and let me tell you those kids get LOUD! The bus driver has had to pull over and stop the bus to get them to calm down. He cannot see everything that is going on in the back of the bus and by kids yelling screaming hoopin & hollering it's almost impossible for the driver to drive the bus safely by all that alone. I signed a petition in our area for our kids to always have a bus monitor on the bus and it worked. Now if the kids get unruly or too loud the monitor takes care of it plus she walks up and down the aisles to check on things. (i'm not sticking up for this bus driver I don't know his situation in this matter..i'm just saying)

I'm not sure I'm understanding this, but are you thinking this 14 year old girl somehow is responsible for being raped?

VB

Oh, gosh, I don't think that's what she's saying at all! It's just that SOMETHING provoked that 18 year old to decide to rape her.......whatever it was that provoked him doesn't put blame on her in any way.........what was the provocation? Were they friends? Totally unknown to one another?

To do this on a school bus is incredible to me. What kind of person does something like this in front of so many witnesses? And what on earth must he have done or been capable of doing when no one was looking?

I see he has admitted to assaulting her but not to rape.....I apologize, but I have to admit that this would make way more sense to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back