907 users online (177 members and 730 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

FL - Man Charged With Animal Cruelty For Cussing At Police Dog

This kind of crap (I have heard of it before) is so very ridiculous. And the man faces a disorderly conduct charge for the same incident!
    Why charge him with two?
    Sounds like an officer with a swelled head to me.

A 28-year-old Florida man was arrested Sunday and charged with cruelty to animals after he allegedly yelled an obscenity at a police dog in a patrol vehicle, TCPalm reports.
    Moses Rogers Jr. was also charged with disorderly conduct after police say he shouted the obscene statement into the window of the patrol car in which the dog was sitting, “causing the dog’s behavior to become overloaded, tormenting the dog,” an arrest affidavit states.
    Rogers reportedly became irate when an office approached him to ask for identification, TCPalm reports.
    Rogers was released Sunday from the Martin County jail in lieu of $750 bail, a jail official said.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,332731,00.html

Didn't somewhere, they just rule it wasn't illegal when a woman taunted a police dog?

I think they should lower the window a bit... in case anyone decided to put their face too close and tease the dog...

I can understand the disorderly conduct charge since he was "yelling obcenities outside and drawing the attention of bystanders" ...
    But, I am confused about the animal cruelty charge... Maybe there is more??

Why would anybody yell and curse at any dog, much less a police dog? If I saw anybody acting like this to any animal in a parked car I'd want to do something to him myself. Sorry, I have no sympathy for this so called man.

VB

bwaaa, sorry Whiterain, but that made me laugh out loud.

Those police dogs are mean. I saw one bite that football player in the end zone. I just can't see where screaming would bother a police dog. I watch cops...they are always screaming at the suspects. The dogs appear used to it. There are times in this Country where animals are afforded more protection than our children.

Oh give me a break! Animal cruely? Paleeeaase!!!

Bet he wouldn't have done that if the window was down enough for the dog to get out of the car!

I'd be the first one screaming if there was any cruelty to the dog in this story....but I just can't seem to find it.

I agree, Brefie. This is ridiculous.

I understand the officer's anger over this. They form tight bonds with their K9's. You have someone yelling at the dog like that, you get it riled up for nothing. They are trained very well. I would have a fit if someone cursed out my dog.
    A K9 is an officer of the law also. Therefore i think it applies. Then if this guy got a slap on the wrist, he or others may do it again thinking they can get away with it.
    It'd be the same thing if the guy was yelling obscenities tormenting a police officer. You also don't want to get the K9 overworked when not necessary.

so you can pick a premature baby up and toss them around by their clothes and it aint a crime but yell at a dog and we bring down the hammer. good thing the guy wasn't wearing a cross, he could have got the DP.

Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    bwaaa, sorry Whiterain, but that made me laugh out loud.
    I don't know Phil...I mean I yell a curse or two at my cat every now and then...if your toes stick out from under the covers at any time during the night he will bite them...it can be a rather rude awakening!
    And am I pretty sure he doesn't get "overcharged" about it!

Quote Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
    I understand the officer's anger over this. They form tight bonds with their K9's. You have someone yelling at the dog like that, you get it riled up for nothing. They are trained very well. I would have a fit if someone cursed out my dog.
    A K9 is an officer of the law also. Therefore i think it applies. Then if this guy got a slap on the wrist, he or others may do it again thinking they can get away with it.
    It'd be the same thing if the guy was yelling obscenities tormenting a police officer. You also don't want to get the K9 overworked when not necessary.
    I can't necessarily agree but only because I have parked at stores next to cops with K-9 partners...and the dogs went nuts, and no I had no drugs or anything.
    I tend to think they get riled up if someone even gets near the car, regardless as to whether someone cusses or yells at them or not!

Quote Originally Posted by sherri79 View Post
    so you can pick a premature baby up and toss them around by their clothes and it aint a crime but yell at a dog and we bring down the hammer. good thing the guy wasn't wearing a cross, he could have got the DP.

All 3 were threads I started! Man lucky three for me I hope.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast