PA - Negligent Mom Of The Day, Summit

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Anna M. Caldwell of Summit, Pa was arrested for failing to seek medical attention for her two little girls after her boyfriend physically abused them. Adam McGuire has been held on charges he beat the little girls ages four and three. Some decent human being reported to authorities the three year old had swelling and bruises on her face. Another woman allowing some man to hurt her kids.http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080226/NEWS02/802260349

I think "negligent" is too kind of a word for this "mom".

I hope those 2 little girls can start over with someone that really loves them.

I think "negligent" is too kind of a word for this "mom".

I hope those 2 little girls can start over with someone that really loves them.

You're right, TM. Here's her Myspace. The usual how she is in love. Ummmm, the guy has been locked up for physically beating your kids and ya love him. Blogs all about the boyfriend. Oh and a miscarriage. Wonder if he would have slapping around his own three year old?http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=36730209

He commented on a friend's space that he was arrested (2007) for not showing up for "drill". D'oh. Sounds like quite a man. Oh, and he beats up little girls. :rolleyes:

This wasn't even the first time he was charged for abusing them.

What are we doing wrong as a society that so many women are choosing their boyfriends over their children's well-being?

Nice.. :rolleyes: So eventually they will give her & him a few little classes and she will get her kids back and they will all be back together him abusing the girls, her allowing it to happen etc etc.. ( I would say a few other things about these two but my mouth has gotten me in trouble here before for giving my opinion)

Nice.. :rolleyes: So eventually they will give her & him a few little classes and she will get her kids back and they will all be back together him abusing the girls, her allowing it to happen etc etc.. ( I would say a few other things about these two but my mouth has gotten me in trouble here before for giving my opinion)

LOL, you in trouble? No way Sadie. I wish I knew the answer to MamaJen's question. What's with allowing these guys to hurt kids? Like where do ya go when ya see this going on? What do ya do? If they fear them as well then like my momma always said "They gotta sleep sometime".

Yep Filly...I speak before I think sometimes. I am not a mean person but my emotions run high in cases like this and I will start talking and picking things out about them that have nothing to do with this. Anyways as for her question I have no clue either. I guess they are that insecure about themselves that they don't care what the man does as long as he don't leave? These two precious little baby girls I can only imagine what their 'home' life was like... (the pictures and news article pretty much answers my question though)

Yeah did anyone notice that on his page it says "be nice to your kids they will pick your nursing home one day". This woman is no excuse for a mother, she doesnt even deserve the title. She is just a woman that brought those beautiful babies into the world. If she is allowed to have them back they will just go on letting this happen. Like he is gonna stop now. I hate stuff like this.

I'm so tired of mothers turning a blind eye to someone hurting their kids. Statistics speak for themselves and a child in a home with the mother's boyfriend is like 50% more likely to be abused. Kids need to stop having kids, and if you can't take care of your kids because you're too caught up in your "relationship" then give them to someone who will love and want them.

eta: please see my sig below, another child needs your prayers.

Ooooooh, I'll probably get all sorts of flogging for this, but anyhoo....

She absolutely deserves to be charged for this and deserves whatever punishment comes her way. HOWEVER, there is nothing here about her personally harming her children in any way, so I DO think she should keep her children and absolutely go to therapy or classes. In a perfect world, she would be placed on a 'watch list' (that someone would actually be watching) and be subject to random and frequent visits and inspections of the home for at LEAST 2 years. She should also be ordered to stay away from this a$$hole until her youngest child turns 18.

HE on the other hand, should be shot between the eyes and thrown in a pit of acid.

She absolutely deserves to be charged for this and deserves whatever punishment comes her way. HOWEVER, there is nothing here about her personally harming her children in any way, so I DO think she should keep her children and absolutely go to therapy or classes. In a perfect world, she would be placed on a 'watch list' (that someone would actually be watching) and be subject to random and frequent visits and inspections of the home for at LEAST 2 years. She should also be ordered to stay away from this a$$hole until her youngest child turns 18.

HE on the other hand, should be shot between the eyes and thrown in a pit of acid.

Agreed! To bad watch lists do not work since our foster care system is broken and no one wants to fix it so she will move on from this and meet another child abuser but next time the babies will either be raped or murdered.
She has failed as a mother and hopefully there is at least one relative who is decent enough to take these babies and raise them.

my father beat me and my mother stood by and let it happen over and over. any mother that allows her child to be abused so they can keep their favorite bed partner handy is just as sick if not worse than the abuser. the man can not control his temper. they can teach you how to control yourself with therapy. the mother loves sex with some guy more than her own children. i honestly do not believe a person can be taught to love their own children. she gave up her rights to these children when she allowed the abuse to happen and then continue. these children deserve a parent that will love and protect them at peril to their own life. i hope they end her parental rights as soon as possible while these girls are young enough to easily be adopted and can forget the horrible person that birthed them.

my father beat me and my mother stood by and let it happen over and over. any mother that allows her child to be abused so they can keep their favorite bed partner handy is just as sick if not worse than the abuser. the man can not control his temper. they can teach you how to control yourself with therapy. the mother loves sex with some guy more than her own children. i honestly do not believe a person can be taught to love their own children. she gave up her rights to these children when she allowed the abuse to happen and then continue. these children deserve a parent that will love and protect them at peril to their own life. i hope they end her parental rights as soon as possible while these girls are young enough to easily be adopted and can forget the horrible person that birthed them.

Sherri, I am very sorry about the abuse you suffered, truly I am.

We don't know anything about this woman apart from these horrible instances. Again, I do believe she should be punished to the fullest extent of the law, but I am still not ready to totally condemn her until we know more. She may very well deserve to have her children taken away forever, but she may also deserve a second chance. I really don't know.

Sherri, I am very sorry about the abuse you suffered, truly I am.

We don't know anything about this woman apart from these horrible instances. Again, I do believe she should be punished to the fullest extent of the law, but I am still not ready to totally condemn her until we know more. She may very well deserve to have her children taken away forever, but she may also deserve a second chance. I really don't know.
i love a good debate but this is to personal for me to look at objectively. i will say we know nothing about the man. he may have grown up with abuse and have known no better. most would agree he should not be trusted with children again. i really dont see a difference. she knew someone was hurting her babies and not only did she not call the law but let them hurt the kids again. these are her children, a gift and she is the person responsible to keep them safe.

Just so sad to hear about more children being abused at the hands of a mother's boyfriend. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back