GUILTY TX - Kiajah Shaw, 1, dies 10 mos after abusive head trauma, Richardson, 25 Feb 2008

NewMommy09

Reaction score
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...s/stories/022708dnmetrichardson.2eeaa042.html

Alice Annette Steele, 40, was taken into custody after a 1-year-old girl she was caring for was found to have suffered head trauma. She has been charged with injury to a child and is being held in the Richardson City Jail.

WSers,
This family could REALLY use your prayers right now. The mom is a co-worker of mine and the story is so much worse than is in the news. The one year old that was injured was originally a twin and the other child was lost late in the pregnancy. The newborn is in the NICU, after a problematic 3rd trimester and birth. These are really good people that are suffering an extremely traumatic time right now, and at the expense of someone they called a friend. Please keep both the 1 yr old, and the newborn in your prayers as well as their mom and dad.

Thanks,
StillHoping

I am local also and I could not believe the news last night. Prayers are going out to this family and their children.

I am local also and I could not believe the news last night. Prayers are going out to this family and their children.

Thanks kaelee2. They need all the prayers they can get. I don't think the article mentioned this, and there isn't a final word yet on the child's well-being, but the last I heard, they believe there is some brain-damage. We are hoping it will be minimal. :(

StillHoping, I am so sad to read this. I hope she makes it through this. How can anyone hurt a child like this?

Are they saying what happened? Could it be that the child fell down some stairs while she wasn't looking? Or do they think she physically harmed the child? I wonder what the 2 yr old sister has to say about what happened. :(

That family will be in my prayers.

Thank you all for your well wishes for my co-worker. There is not much info right now and obviously she (the mother) has not been back to work. She is probably splitting her time at the hospital between her sick newborn and her now injured 1 year old.

I don't know HOW the child was harmed or if it was an accident. I only know the caretaker lied when she called 911 and said that the child was choking. Medics arrived and found that the child had a head injury. If it was an accident I am not sure why she lied. But I assume there is further evidence of abuse because the woman was aressted. The child has brain swelling and until that goes down, drs can't determine the extent of the damage. I will update when I know more.

If it was an accident I am not sure why she lied.

People tend to freak out and lie even though they don't necessarily need to. My guess is she took her eyes off of her for a second (that's all it takes) and the kid hit her head on something, and the woman is too scared to admit she wasn't watching. If it was an accident she should have said so from the beginning.

I really hope she didn't get angry with the child and hit her.

People tend to freak out and lie even though they don't necessarily need to. My guess is she took her eyes off of her for a second (that's all it takes) and the kid hit her head on something, and the woman is too scared to admit she wasn't watching. If it was an accident she should have said so from the beginning.

I really hope she didn't get angry with the child and hit her.

I was thinking along those lines too. People do strange things when they panic. It makes her look guilty though, that she lied about what happened. I hope it turns out that all was an accident, but I feel that police were quick to arrest her, rather than spending more time to investigate. Maybe that is because she lied???

I just feel so bad for this woman. I watched her go through the pregnancy with the twins and lose one of them, and now the other one is in critical condition. With the newborn, I had to call an ambulance to get her here at work twice while she was pregnant and then she was put on bedrest for the last two months. Her hubby came in a few times to pick up her check, and he was just exhausted, from taking care of her and the other two children and working full time. She and her hubby are sweet people and were trying so hard to have the big beautiful family they wanted, and it has been so much trauma for them. With the complications with her last two pregnancies, I don't think having another baby will be an option. This is absolutely devastating for them.

With the complications with her last two pregnancies, I don't think having another baby will be an option. This is absolutely devastating for them.

They sound like wonderful people. They also sound like they have alot of love to give to children. Perhaps once things settle down for them, and if they decide that child-birthing is too difficult and dangerous a process, they will consider adopting a child and providing a wonderful home.

They sound like wonderful people. They also sound like they have alot of love to give to children. Perhaps once things settle down for them, and if they decide that child-birthing is too difficult and dangerous a process, they will consider adopting a child and providing a wonderful home.

I hope they will. They are great parents from anything I have seen or heard. They would be a great family to place a child with.

Just said a prayer for this poor family.
Please keep us updated!

Sending prayers up for your friend, SH. Prayers that the baby will be O.K. I am so sorry for your worries and pain. Bless this family.

Lighting a candle and praying for this family.
They sure have a lot of tragedies happening at once.
What about scheduling a time to have a group prayer for them?

Thanks so much everyone, for keeping this family in your prayers. My co-worker has not yet returned to work, and I have received no updates. Has anyone seen any follow up stories on this?

I will try to ask around a little at work to see if anyone has heard anything, but I don't want to pry too much. This is a hard enough time for them as it is.

Hi- Just checking with the locals to see if any new news about this family or either of the babies has been released yet? My prayers go out and have gone out for this young family- They do not deserve this pain!

Everyone who has sent prayers out for my co-workers family, I wanted to thank you all again. Keep them coming, if you would.

I spoke with the child's mother today, as she came to turn in her work badge and pick up her things. She said the baby was still in a coma until just recently and is now in rehabilitation. They are hoping to bring her home this month. I did not want to pry so I did not ask if there was any permanent brain damage.

I am so glad her child lived through this. I gave her my best wishes and told her that her family is still in my prayers. Thanks again to all of you sending out prayers for this child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back