OH OH - Cincinnati, Eiler Ln, N of Lincoln Ave, 'Angel', BlkFem 1-2, UP6655, in field, Feb'79

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A little girl, thought to be around 18 months old was found near the site of a hosp February 4th 1979. Her skull had been crushed. Her remains had been partially burned.

Authorities say the theory is that someone may have been trying to take her to the hospital for help. They also believe she may be from the Cincinnati area. The community gave her her name, and the burial was donated.

LE says they have new information and they are discussing exhuming her remains in order to help find her identity.

http://www.local12.com/mostpopular/story.aspx?content_id=9ca3812a-6c22-4c98-96a9-e9e50a4d1d44

Thanks for posting this. I'll keep Angel in my thoughts and prayers. She needs her identity back, and her killer needs to be known.

I hope they are able to find her parents and it leads them to the killer. Please keep us posted on this.

But former Cincinnati fireman James Michael Flynn says he was driving that Blazer that night, his arm was in a sling from a firefighting injury. He worked out of a firehouse at Liberty and Linn. Flynn admits talking to the teens at the hospital. "Remember talking to the boys? Yea. Remember what you said? This baby has no name and was murdered. Two boys, you said she's gone I'm a fireman, I'll take care of it. You're saying none of that happened? I don't believe anything transpired that way."
http://www.local12.com/mostpopular/...ity-of-Baby-Angel/ZvLGYXs98kuW1N7UF_q-Qw.cspx

The video is chilling. IMO it is obvious he knows something. He just isn't going to talk about it. The prosecutor has said that he doesn't think this guy did anything to the baby. But I am not so sure. IMO it is obvious that he is hiding something. And after all these years, why hide it unless it is yourself you are protecting.

If the prosecutor is right and this guy only transported the baby he would face no charges. The statute of limitations has passed for all crimes except a murder charge.

From DoeNetwork:
  • Dentals: Available. The eight incisor teeth and the four 1st molar teeth are present. The left upper cuspid is still below the gum but is almost exposed at its tip. The other cuspid teeth are covered by intact gum. These teeth indicate an approximate age of 18 months.
  • Fingerprints: Not available.
  • DNA: Available at UNT. Ref #UNTCHI 3264.

Baby Angel approaches another Christmas without ID :(

From Porchlight USA link
OHF790204 Feb 4 1979
Amazing the remains were still in such good shape. I wonder besides the child, perhaps her clothing, what would be considered other evidence....

Mar 30, 2008

CINCINNATI (AP) - It took most of Friday morning, but police have successfully exhumed a casket holding an unidentified toddler who was buried 29 years ago near Cincinnati.

..... the body was still wrapped in plastic and tucked inside a lightweight casket.

Murray says the body is in good enough condition that they didn't lose any evidence.

Authorities say they hope to extract DNA from the teeth of a female toddler found beaten and burned in a field almost 30 years ago.

Good golly just a baby, 18 months old.

The body of a young child, known as "Baby Angel" was found in a field on Eiler Lane, north of Lincoln Avenue, by a man was walking his dog. The child had been beaten and burned.

• Dentals: Available. The eight incisor teeth and the four 1st molar teeth are present. The left upper cuspid is still below the gum but is almost exposed at its tip. The other cuspid teeth are covered by intact gum. These teeth indicate an approximate age of 18 months.
  • DNA: Available at UNT. Ref #UNTCHI 3264.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back