753 users online (81 members and 672 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

GA - Bryan Mough, 21, shot to death, Bogart, 25 Feb 2008

BOGART, Ga. -- A man is facing a murder charge after authorities say he shot and killed a motorcyclist who followed his daughters home from a department store.

Richard Harold Gear, 45, claimed he was acting in self-defense when he shot Bryan Joseph Mough around 6:45 p.m. Monday as Mough drove his motorcycle past Gear's house, Oconee County Sheriff Scott Berry said.

The daughters, ages 17 and 19, had called their father on a cell phone to tell him they were being followed, Berry said. As they arrived home, Gear was waiting at the end of his driveway with a pistol, Berry said.

Mough, 21, drove past the house, turned around and made another pass. Gear fired his .40-caliber semiautomatic gun two or three times, hitting Mough once in the back, Berry said.

He was taken to Athens Regional Hospital where he was declared dead.

Gear called 911 after the shooting, as did neighbors, and sheriff's deputies arrested Gear on a murder charge, Berry said.

"He made an unspecified claim of self-defense," Berry said.
    more: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/15424009/detail.html

Good Lord..........Wild, Wild West!

I think shooting the guy was a bit harsh. But at the same time, he could very well have just saved his daughters from being abducted, raped, kidnapped, who knows. It's not the course of action that I would have taken, but I can't really say that I blame him.
    There is always HOPE!!!

The girls (and the father) should have called the police instead of taking action into their own hands. I think the recommended course of action is to drive yourself to the nearest police station or other public place with alot of witnesses.

Wow....it's gonna be hard to defend him now. Even the girls don't make credible witnesses since obviously they have something to gain by making the dead guy out to be a creepy stalker.

I need to hear more of this story, 'cos I gotta tell ya, I am not exactly sure these girls are totally innocent in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brefie View Post
    Wow....it's gonna be hard to defend him now. Even the girls don't make credible witnesses since obviously they have something to gain by making the dead guy out to be a creepy stalker.

I need to hear more of this story, 'cos I gotta tell ya, I am not exactly sure these girls are totally innocent in this.
    took the words out of my mouth- would like to see what they were doing/saying to the guy before he started following them home-
    even if they were flirting, and he followed them,-certainly didnt need to be shot- let alone killed-

Quote Originally Posted by StillHoping View Post
    I think shooting the guy was a bit harsh. But at the same time, he could very well have just saved his daughters from being abducted, raped, kidnapped, who knows. It's not the course of action that I would have taken, but I can't really say that I blame him.

wow.......

Quote Originally Posted by StillHoping View Post
    His kids were safely at home and you don't blame their father for MURDERING someone who did not so much as speak to him??

I am wondering if the girls car hit him first and since they didn't stop, he followed them. Or not. This guy may have been the worst kind of criminal, but the fact here is that he lost his life for NOTHING!!

Oh no, this is so wrong. The man just killed someone no questions asked. Well, it too late to know what actually happened between the guy and the two girls because the guy is dead!
    What was he thinking to justify killing someone?? Couldn't he have stop the guy and talked to him or even call the poilce?

He shot him in the BACK? And says its self defense? Dumbass!!!

Now he's gonna go to jail and who is going to protect his babies?

I wonder if he is one of those "protective" fathers who keeps the girls for himself.

Or perhaps race played a part,too.....not good in any event.

Looks like the police are checking into the girls' story that he cut them off and then hit their car. Hmmmmm.

http://onlineathens.com/stories/0227...80227060.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by jannuncutt View Post
    Good Lord..........Wild, Wild West!
    Or - the rural South, take your pick!

This sounds like a case with a lot of road rage between both parties involved.

Maybe it was just a motorcyclist with road rage who started heading in the same direction as the girls randomly? Then after he cut them off and they made obscene gestures at him he got mad and followed them? Or was he following them right from the store?
    I would imagine if he was tailing them, which he probably was if he was the "road rage type" then, being that these girls were also that type, they stopped short causing him to collide into their vehicle.

What did the girl's tell their father that Mough was doing, so that their dad would be out there waiting with a .40?

Sounds like a case of road rage. I believe the girls probably overreacted and called their dad yet what is really creepy is the guy FOLLOWED these 2 girls home and circled back around and drove by the house again.

Who follows 2 young women home??

If there was an accident then he could have (and should have) called the police. There is NO good reason for this guy to follow these girls home.

Unless they stopped short, intentionally causing a collision? What if he followed them to their destination (not caring if it was "home" or not) so he could tell the cops where to go arrest them for what they did?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast