637 users online (75 members and 562 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Did this school bus driver go too far?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 18.42%
  • No

56 73.68%
  • Undecided

6 7.89%

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Did this school bus driver go too far?

Here's the entire video from the bus cam:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=0NvWukOvZs0

(article)
    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=4344477&page=1

Gilbert, Ariz., police want a school bus driver charged with assault for getting into a shoving and hair pulling match with three of her teenage student riders — which was taped by a surveillance camera. (more plus bus video at link) Hopefully they show the long video from start to finish.
    ===
    Greta had this on her show tonight, and she showed a lengthy portion of the tape. It starts when a teenage girl gets upset that the bus driver keeps pulling off to the side of the road to settle things down in the bus. The girl decides she could walk home faster so she tells the driver she wants off. The driver can't legally do that without parental permission. So the girl calls her mom on her cell phone (which could have been anyone!). After that it seems to turn into a situation where the driver is blocking the girl from leaving, and the girl gets in her face. Eventually, the bus drivers' daughter gets up and pulls the girl off her mom when they are physically struggling.

I thought the bus driver was relatively calm for the most part considering this brat wouldn't stop yelling at her! I don't think the driver should be charged with anything. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=4344477&page=1

Gilbert, Ariz., police want a school bus driver charged with assault for getting into a shoving and hair pulling match with three of her teenage student riders — which was taped by a surveillance camera. (more plus bus video at link) Hopefully they show the long video from start to finish.
    ===
    Greta had this on her show tonight, and she showed a lengthy portion of the tape. It starts when a teenage girl gets upset that the bus driver keeps pulling off to the side of the road to settle things down in the bus. The girl decides she could walk home faster so she tells the driver she wants off. The driver can't legally do that without parental permission. So the girl calls her mom on her cell phone (which could have been anyone!). After that it seems to turn into a situation where the driver is blocking the girl from leaving, and the girl gets in her face. Eventually, the bus drivers' daughter gets up and pulls the girl off her mom when they are physically struggling.

I thought the bus driver was relatively calm for the most part considering this brat wouldn't stop yelling at her! I don't think the driver should be charged with anything. IMO
    More thoughts

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60847

I searched for the bus drivers name before posting this!! *argh*

Thanks, JBean.

I searched for the bus drivers name before posting this!! *argh*

Thanks, JBean.
    personally..I don't think it even matters. Sometimes we miss it on the first go around and then it starts the conversation up again for people that may have missed it.

ETA: I think they all went too far

Nancy Grace has been covering this too. That brat reminded me of my granddaughter at that age! It seemed to me that a lot of the girl's behavior was for attention from the other kids. The more the kids carried on the louder the girl got and the more she swore. She really thought she was hot stuff.

It was said on Nancy's that this started before the brat even got on the bus. She had been disruptive waiting for the bus and a security person had dealt with her then. When she got on the bus she was told to sit in the front of the bus. That was probably to seperate her from the other kids!

I don't think that the teacher was doing anything to her except trying to talk her down at first. The girl kept saying "stop doing this and that" but I think she was doing that for show too. She said something about the driver touching her boob. The driver took her cell phone and threw it under her seat at one point and the girl was then trying to get her cell.
    She probably brushed her boob against the teacher while trying to get to her cell.

It was said that there are law suits underway. The girl's name is Samatha Taylor or Tyler I believe. If her parents have the nerve to file suit against this teacher then they are just as bad as she is. Maybe she is a product of her invironment??? She should be kicked off the bus for the rest of the school year...parents drive her to school...plus some good hard restriction. What a big mouth brat!

If the school district fires that bus driver then they should be ashamed. She was doing her job...legally...I hope they don't kiss those parents butts and fire her.

Oh, there goes my scientific (ha) poll. That should have been one of the choices, JBean!

I would not be on tv like the mother of this screaming brat was! My daughter would have been grounded if she acted like that.

You really do have to see the whole video before making a decision, IMO. Greta showed a long portion, and you could tell she was holding back a smile when it was over. I knew what she was thinking! She's probably glad she doesn't have kids! lol

Interview with the teenage girl and her mom:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=ReQ8eY1VkTg

The girl standing behind the screaming brat needed to sit her dumb butt down too. I feel sorry for the bus driver I'm sorry but I don't see what she did so wrong? This girl was disruptive and way out of line by the way she was screaming at her and cussing.

This thing occured in my backyard of the world.
    In this state, once the gal got out of her seat, she was in vioation of the law. Kids have to stay seated when the bus is moving.
    I think the bus driver did the right thing pulling the bus over and stopping. She certainly could not keep on driving.
    Watch the girl in the tape closely, especially at the end. She was freaking out big time. You could see this teenager does not stand for having anyone telling her what to do. She was rude, unruly and vicious to the bus driver, the person in charge.
    I have a strong feeling this is typical behavior for little Samatha.
    JMO
    The Hokey Pokey Clinic - A good place to turn yourself around:

Interview with the teenage girl and her mom:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=ReQ8eY1VkTg
    I can't tolerate this girl or her mother. i'm very glad they're not my neighbours.

She and her mother look like trash to me.

Man, I'm just proud the daughter at least stuck up for her mom. I feel for this bus driver and honestly if I whooped everyone of them smart mouths act like that I'd be in jail. I've started threads about this sort of behavior with these girls. All pushing in front of ya. They don't dare move out of the way on the sidewalk. She violated the law the little wretch and her mama ought to be thankful the driver didn't kick her tail off and somebody came and snatched her up. Ummm, my answer is no she didn't go too far. LOL

The girl will have these tapes of her circulating the internet forever. always something to think about. like people who make doozys of themselves on myspace.

it will come back to haunt her.

I've got to say... If I witnessed someone getting into my mother's face, shoving her and shouting at her, you'd better believe I'd be right there in the middle of that mess too. I do not blame this bus driver's daughter one bit for trying to get this b*tch away from her mother... IMO, she let that b*tch off easy!

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast