1191 users online (228 members and 963 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - David Faboo charged with kidnapping 16yo girl

Can ya tell me what was this mom thinking? I'm a parent and I did some stupid things, but this takes the cake. David Faboo met a mentally challenged 16 year old over Myspace the police believe. Faboo drove from Oregon to California to meet the girl. According to this the mom said she spoke to him and he was bringing her child home that evening. Oh, great. Thankfully the girl had more sense and as Faboo made his way to Oregon the girl texted friends. David Faboo is creepy frightening and some.http://www.kdrv.com/article.aspx?id=20738

My DH calls MySpace "DramaSpace" he said its horrible. I set mine to "PRIVATE" and most of my nieces under 18 have theirs set to that as well. People have to be very careful with it.

Texting Saved The Day

Well, score one for technology. This Faboo guy is 37 years old. His mugshot will give ya nightmares. He also has a mother who says he likes older women and he was probably only trying to help the girl. Oh-Kay. The girls father reported her missing at 7:00AM. They enlisted the help of a male friend of the girls and she started texting him asking him to come and get her. Police used the pings to track where the girl was. Kidnapping across State lines.http://www.news10.net/display_story.aspx?storyid=38821

From your link above:
    Faboo's mother doesn't believe he went there to hurt her.
    "He's a good samaritan and he will help anybody who he feels need help. And if he got the feeling that she needed help, I'm afraid he would be there to help her," she said.

As the mother of a child that will most probably have "diminished mental capacity" at the age of 16...WHY does she have a myspace where she is allowed to obviously talk with strangers? I don't think my other kids with NORMAL mental capacity are even going to have myspace accounts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    My DH calls MySpace "DramaSpace" he said its horrible. I set mine to "PRIVATE" and most of my nieces under 18 have theirs set to that as well. People have to be very careful with it.
    Yes you do! It amazes me that some parents allow their children to have a myspace account and not monitor it. My 14 year old has hers set to private and creeps still friend request her. I have caught a few who I believe were pervs posing as teens.