Drew is going to be on the Today show in a few minutes....

Beffie

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
They just showed him sitting patiently for the camera. It is too early to look at his mug.

Just wanted to give anyone who wanted to watch a heads up. :)

I guess it was shown earlier and now they are just reshowing it. Sorry for any confusion. I think this is the link to the interview.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/23385930/

What is with the beard....what is next red/orange hair from swimming in friends pool? Is this the murders husband list of things to do? Kill wife, act like they care. A few months later grow beard and change looks?

Oh, thanks for the heads up! I just caught the end. He is so cold-hearted and I believe, used to lying. He does it so well.

Major bags under those eyes. Have they always been there or is he maybe losing some sleep lately? One can only hope.

Major bags under those eyes. Have they always been there or is he maybe losing some sleep lately? One can only hope.

They might have always been there. I cannot look at him too long, makes my eyes burn. I swear I am looking at the devil himself. So evil. However, maybe now that the report came out that Kathleen was indeed murdered, he may know the gig is up, better grow a beard and dye his hair.

Thank you for the link Beffie. I think Drew must have not slept a wink since the boys were served. When I think of Drew's kids I am reminded of the revelation in the Tara Grant case. That her children saw their dad murder their mom.

The beard is new..but everything else is the same. Every question seems to be answered the way it always was...that's his story and he's sticking to it..about Kathleen and Stacy both. No mention of the boys going before the GJ this AM. The under eye bags have always been there..but today he only seemed slightly awake..like he just rolled out of bed to do the interview (not the way he was dressed, I mean his demeanor)..no animation about him or his speech. Not the vivacious Drew we sometimes see in front of the camera. He was very monotone and no emotion what so ever. Brodsky seemed more nervous then Drew..he was sitting there twirling his thrumbs.
JMHO

I go so pissed off listening to this idiot that I had to change the channel for a minute. It was way to early to get that riled up. Really, does he think that the public believes what he says?

Thank you for the link Beffie. I think Drew must have not slept a wink since the boys were served. When I think of Drew's kids I am reminded of the revelation in the Tara Grant case. That her children saw their dad murder their mom.

I have been following that case, too. It was so sad to her Tara sister say the little girl heard her father yelling at her mother not to look at him while he was strangling her. Could you imagine having to live with that and the fear they felt until they felt safe enough to tell someone. :(

I go so pissed off listening to this idiot that I had to change the channel for a minute. It was way to early to get that riled up. Really, does he think that the public believes what he says?

I think Drew lives in his own little special world, and I think it is close to the two girls who were kicked off the airplane for being TOO PRETTY. Yes, and Drew is going to be the centerfold for Playgirl. Some people live in an imaginary world, which I guess is alright as long as you do not go around thinking you can kill people and get away with it. I just think there are people who cannot face reality and they really do believe what they say and do not even think about what others think, they believe it and that is all that matters in their shallow little minds.

The beard is new..but everything else is the same. Every question seems to be answered the way it always was...that's his story and he's sticking to it..about Kathleen and Stacy both. No mention of the boys going before the GJ this AM. The under eye bags have always been there..but today he only seemed slightly awake..like he just rolled out of bed to do the interview (not the way he was dressed, I mean his demeanor)..no animation about him or his speech. Not the vivacious Drew we sometimes see in front of the camera. He was very monotone and no emotion what so ever. Brodsky seemed more nervous then Drew..he was sitting there twirling his thrumbs.
JMHO

DD, wow, what an accurate summary of this morning's appearance.

JMHO

Wow, thanks for these observations! I think it is telling. Drew gets another few minutes under the spotlight, but he's feeling the cold fingers of justice about to clamp around his neck and he can't "turn on the charm" for the cameras.

Was there no mention of his mailbox romance?

I noted two things............at the beginning of the interview, Matt Lauer said (not exact quote), "Stacy has been missing now for 4 months and in that time there's been no contact - no money withdrawn from the bank, no letters, and most importantly, no contact with the children. Do you still maintain she took off with another man?" DP's answer was a simple, "That's all I have to go on."

In regards to the above, neither DP or JB challenged Matt with, "Ah, but she was seen in Peoria, and in Kentucky, and we've got a picture of her in Thailand."

What I saw was that the "fire" is gone. DP wasn't nearly as cocky as he's been since the beginning. He seems almost resigned to the inevitable. JB babbled, but not as much as he normally does.

I believe this is a rather significant statement which appeared in a Chicago Tribune article yesterday:

Drew Peterson's gun card revoked

"Meanwhile, while Brodsky and Peterson flew to New York for his third appearance on the NBC show, Brodsky's law partner, Reem Odeh, questioned the way the case was being managed.

"I'm concerned that there's more emphasis and more of an effort to cater to the media frenzy than there is to looking into the issues surrounding the investigations," Odeh said. "It just seems to me that when there's nothing going on with the investigation and things are quiet in the media, it seems like sometimes either Joel or Drew says something to start the media frenzy all over again."

Brodsky has mounted an aggressive campaign for media coverage, including interviews with national TV shows.

Asked whether she discussed those issues with Brodsky, Odeh said, "Absolutely. I don't think it's appropriate. I think it is in the client's best interest to keep it quiet and focus on the case. But he just says the case is going to make us famous and we're all going to get book deals."

Odeh said she plans to meet with Peterson soon and explain to him that she believes he should behave in a more professional manner, and if that doesn't happen, she'll push to have him dropped as a client."

LOL, so now we have a split in the defense! I agree with her, and have always thought that was JAB's motivation. I also agree that he is not doing anything to help his client.

But one thing I wonder about. There are what, 2 other defense attorney's? Two that are staying pretty quiet? I wonder why they aren't speaking to JAB and DrewP about this?

Wow thanks IB NORA...Brodsky's partner is not a happy camper. I can only imagine that they ae getting very few other cases because Drew and Brodsky have always made remarks in this case that are in such bad taste. If they aren't getting new clients, then this case could be draining the practices coffers and if I was a partner I would be opposed to their actions and handling of this case. But we'll be rich and famous..book deals..sounds like something a teenager would give to their parents as an excuse, not a middle aged attorney.

JMHO
DD

Not to mention the question of legal malpractice and how that might affect the partnership, and having her reputation being tainted by the association with JAB.

Drew's demeanor today on the Today Show was similiar to what we have seen a few times before. Right before he went away for a few days in early Nov..then he came back his jovial self, right as they were doing the water searches and then another time (I forget the exact goings on then). But it always seems to change to this right before or during something that finally gets through to him and makes him realize this is serious and they are getting close.

Does anyone else remember (noticed) this before in Drew's behavior?

JMHO
DD

Yeah, it is like he becomes worried then when they don't come to arrest him, he gets his confidence back. I am thinking the fact that his boys are being called to the grand jury might be a big concern. He should have been celebrating that he got the appearance delayed to when he would be there- but he seems worried, maybe because they are actually going to have to appear. I would think that appearing before the GJ itself would be more intimidating for the boys than appearing before a mediator. Possibly harder for them to keep secrets?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back