1159 users online (218 members and 941 guests)  

Websleuths News

Newborn falls through train toilet...and survives!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapc....ap/index.html

To survive the fall is just amazing in itself, but then to have been left on the tracks for an hour 1/2 and still survive is a miracle!
    She's a preemie too.
    awww, I love the spirit of life!

The hands of the Indian gods must have laid that child gently on the tracks and then watched over her until she was found. Just WOW!

A very blessed life wished upon this little miracle!
    Last edited by ember; 02-28-2008 at 10:44 PM. Reason: typo

How wonderful! Such a beautiful baby.

Another miracle, the child is surely blessed.

I'm not sure what bothers me most about this story, the fact that human waste just comes shooting out of a moving train or the fact that the hole is big enough for a baby to fit through.

God was certainly looking after this little angel but hopefully this isn't a story that will be told over and over as the little one grows up!

I know for certain that my brothers would just love to have something like this to tell on me about!

I know, I know, I have a warped mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I'm not sure what bothers me most about this story, the fact that human waste just comes shooting out of a moving train or the fact that the hole is big enough for a baby to fit through.

God was certainly looking after this little angel but hopefully this isn't a story that will be told over and over as the little one grows up!

I know for certain that my brothers would just love to have something like this to tell on me about!

I know, I know, I have a warped mind.
    Thank you, Lurker, for a healthy laugh.

I, too, have a warped mind. I also have an auntie that claims to have been "born in the toilet". :roll eyes: She was our aunt by marriage.

Edited to add, after reading the story and watching the video, what a wonderful miracle! God bless that beautiful little baby.

Unbelievable.
    IF the mom knew she was in premature labor, why wasn't she telling someone and why wasn't she lying back on the trainseat?

Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    Unbelievable.
    IF the mom knew she was in premature labor, why wasn't she telling someone and why wasn't she lying back on the trainseat?
    Maybe she did not realize she was in labor?
    With my second child I was in premature labor and only knew it because I was hospitalized for kidney problems and standard protocol was to hook up a monitor.
    I mean I was in serious labor and only thought it was a back ache from my kidneys. It was not until I pointed out to the nurse "hey! that bottom line should not be shooting straight up and down on that screen" that any one realized it.

If she had an incompetent cervix, she would not necessarily have any symptoms of labor. Straining to do a big #2 could have just shot the baby out without warning.

India. Trains. Yep, just a hole and the waste goes out the hole. Imagine this poor lady giving birth prematurely in a train like that. I don't like using the bathroom on Amtrack for heaven sake. What a absolutely beautiful baby.

How was the cord cut?

Quote Originally Posted by louisy42445 View Post
    How was the cord cut?
    JMHO, but probably the force of falling through the primitive hole that served as a toilet sheared off the umblilical cord on the side attached to the premature infant.

If you notice in the article, the woman who realized she had given birth, etc, was found drenched in blood, hemorrhaging. Chances are, the placenta did not detach and was not expelled from the uterus post- delivery and the woman hemorrhaged from this.
    I honestly do not think anything sinister is involved.

I wonder how the baby is doing. Her posturing in the photo is not a good sign. I am not sure she survived.