Operation Ore

Hugh

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Those of you in North America may or mat not have heard of the investigation of the internet child *advertiser censored* site known as Landslide. I think both the principals involved have been jailed.
As a by product the US Postal Service forwarded to the UK police a list of 7,000 (yes 7,000) credit card numbers that had been used from the UK to buy images from this site.
Last night on the BBC a documentary was shown following the police activities including the arrest of ex Who guitarist Pete Townshend.
It was the most distressing viewing, whilst I fully understand that the world we live in is not all sweetness and light the activities of these individuals has be the most depraved.
However I cheered up no end when I saw the police carrying out the dawn raids on the perverts premises. As the police officer in charge said "We are about to ruin their lives" , in fcat the suicide rate amongst thos arrested is 12%, shame it's not 100%.

Incidentally all those arrested were male and middle class including 2 primary school teachers.

Hugh, thanks for posting this! Glad they are catching these scumbags! :woohoo:

God bless,

Tracy

Thanks for that, Hugh. I wish they would show this stuff on BBC America.

Wasn't Pete T. trying to say that he was only investigating as he had been abused or something?

7000 credit card numbers... and that is obviously just a fraction of those who seek out child *advertiser censored* - it is mind boggling and frightening.

7000 credit card numbers... and that is obviously just a fraction of those who seek out child *advertiser censored* - it is mind boggling and frightening

It certainly is. I think it's an illness that requires as much treatment as it does punishment. Don't get me wrong, these perps need a chit load of both.

Hugh, I am trying to get info from BBC site...it won't find 'Operation Ore' or 'Landslide'.....any pointers?

Thanks in advance.

Brefie, I didn't try the BBC website, but I typed "operation ore" (Including the quotation marks) into the Yahoo search engine and got lots of results.

Why can't we prosecute/shut down/have immediately removed any image of child *advertiser censored* a person finds, like the one's that unknowingly pop up sometimes in the Images section of Google. How is it lawful for them to purposefully allow that practice to continue. How can anyone who hosts these sites be allowed to continue without huge penalties???

Brefie, I didn't try the BBC website, but I typed "operation ore" (Including the quotation marks) into the Yahoo search engine and got lots of results.

Thanks, Ivy, I'll give it a go!

Why can't we prosecute/shut down/have immediately removed any image of child *advertiser censored* a person finds, like the one's that unknowingly pop up sometimes in the Images section of Google. How is it lawful for them to purposefully allow that practice to continue. How can anyone who hosts these sites be allowed to continue without huge penalties???

Y'know, Mindys, I'm always wondering about this. Surely the internet is not without regulation? I can't imagine that it is so easy for these sites to be maintained without detection. Especially to the degree and volume that they currently are.

Something must be done. We must rely on anyone who wishes to help. With the right person in the right position we could seriously reduce the current statistics.
This has got to stop. I just read that in the UK 1 in 3 females and 1 in 4 males have been sexually abused. These numbers are an outrage.

I wonder if they are comparable to the US?

Isn't there a spare island or something that we can send all these pervs to? Surely someone's got a spare! :furious:

~LPMod~Isn't there a spare island or something that we can send all these pervs to? Surely someone's got a spare!

How about a 'fake' island? We can put it about half a mile from shore and tell these scumbags whoever can swim to it, can live on it. Once they are all in and have swum over half way, we can hook it up to a boat and bring ever further out to the horizon.

What's that you say?? They all drown?? Aww schucks!

Brefie said:
How about a 'fake' island? We can put it about half a mile from shore and tell these scumbags whoever can swim to it, can live on it. Once they are all in and have swum over half way, we can hook it up to a boat and bring ever further out to the horizon.

What's that you say?? They all drown?? Aww schucks!

Brilliant idea there Brefie!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:woohoo:

I have tried and there does not seem to be much on the website. I heard the producer interviewed on the radio and he was very interesting. The whole crew was only five strong and not one of them had children of their own. One of the crew became a father during filming and had to leave as he could not cope.

I agree with the figure thye seem astounding and you can guarantee it is only the tip of the iceberg. The abused children figures for the UK seem very high but I have no way to prove of disprove them, although it was the most used defence of the people caught in operation ore, i.e. that they were abused and therefore thought it was acceptable.

The biggest problem I have is the sentences, one individual who had 13,000 images recieved a 1 year community service order. I do not want to appear "hang em and flog em" but they should recieve life. The reason : the majority of other crimes, Robbery, murder etc is the result of outside influences, the need for money, crimes of passion, killing whislt under the influence of drink or drugs etc. Paedophilia is a sexual preference and as such is always there. I have always liked tall women with long legs and ample chest, always have always will, the same applies to the child molesters. In actual fact one of the guys arrested pleaded with the police to lock him up as he could not change his behaviour

I have always liked tall women with long legs and ample chest, always have always will, the same applies to the child molesters. In actual fact one of the guys arrested pleaded with the police to lock him up as he could not change his behaviour

This is why I think they need as much treatment as punishment.
Treatment because none of us can decide what it is we like, punishment because we all know there are certain things we just do not / can not do because it is WRONG.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe
Back