NJ NJ - Kamil Masek, 30, Jersey City, 26 Jan 2008

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/index.ssf?/base/news-3/12040962453630.xml&coll=3

27 Feb 08

The family of a Bayonne man who vanished a month ago is offering a $1,000 reward for any information that leads to him being found.

Kamil Masek, 30, hasn't been seen since he dropped off his fiancée at their home at about 10:50 p.m. on Jan. 26, after returning from dinner.

Masek said he was meeting friends and would be back in two hours.

At the time, he was wearing a striped brown and black sweater, dark blue jeans and black shoes.

He also had on a blue ski jacket and a black belt.

Also missing is his Pantech Duo AT&T cell phone.

Masek is 6-foot-1, weighs 190 pounds, and has blue eyes and dark brown hair.

Anyone with information can call (877) 900-TIPS or contact the Bayonne Police Department at (201) 858-6925.

no pic at link

I wonder if his friends have been checked out or if he told his girlfriend who he was going to see? Has LE checked out his cell phone records I wonder...probably...unless they think he is another adult male who took off for greener pastures :bang:

0102080116070104062008020473de0802ba8089a9bf00e866.jpg

pic is from http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/com/562465465.html

North American Missing Persons Network
http://www.nampn.org/cases/masek_kamil.html
Masek was last seen on January 27, 2008 at approximately 3 am in the area of Country Village (Suburbia Drive) in Jersey City, New Jersey.
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
New Jersey State Police
Missing Persons Unit
(609) 882-2000

Sending prayers of strength, love and comfort to those who love Kamil and are searching for answers and missing Kamil.

I have been searching for information from law enforcement as to whether they found fingerprints on Kamil's vehicle when it was located. So far, I have been unsuccessful.

From the link (below)"

"Kamil Malek went out with friends on the night of January 26th, 2008. He was last seen at 3:00am on January 27, 2008 in the area of Country Village, Suburbia Drive, Jersey City, NJ. "

"The vehicle Masek was driving was a 2-door 1993 Black Honda Civic. This vehicle was found at 5th St. and Erie St. in Jersey City, NJ on 1/29/2008."

https://findthemissing.org/en/cases/5545/190

I came across this unidentified guy that seem super close to Kamil.. he was found 2 days after Kamil went missing... wondering if someone shaved his head so they would not recognize him?

WARNING: LINK HAS GRAPHIC POST MORTEM PHOTO!!!

The Lost & The Found

Case #6785
View on NamUs
Date found July 29, 2008
Age 30 to 45 years old
Sex Male
Race White
Ethnicity Unsure

Circumstances Body found at Liberty State Park, Jersey City, NJ
Body condition Recognizable face
Post-mortem interval Not specified
Estimated age Adult - Pre 50
Weight 209 lbs
Height 74 inches
Hair color Brown
Head hair Head was clean shaven.
Facial hair Eyebrows are brown.
Left eye color Blue
Right eye color Blue

Clothing on body Blue and white polo type shirt Blue jeans Black non-slip shoes Black socks
Clothing with body
Footwear Black non-slip shoes
Jewelry
Eyewear Aviator style sunglasses found on body

I came across this unidentified guy that seem super close to Kamil.. he was found 2 days after Kamil went missing... wondering if someone shaved his head so they would not recognize him?

WARNING: LINK HAS GRAPHIC POST MORTEM PHOTO!!!

The Lost & The Found

Case #6785
View on NamUs
Date found July 29, 2008
Age 30 to 45 years old
Sex Male
Race White
Ethnicity Unsure

Circumstances Body found at Liberty State Park, Jersey City, NJ
Body condition Recognizable face
Post-mortem interval Not specified
Estimated age Adult - Pre 50
Weight 209 lbs
Height 74 inches
Hair color Brown
Head hair Head was clean shaven.
Facial hair Eyebrows are brown.
Left eye color Blue
Right eye color Blue

Clothing on body Blue and white polo type shirt Blue jeans Black non-slip shoes Black socks
Clothing with body
Footwear Black non-slip shoes
Jewelry
Eyewear Aviator style sunglasses found on body

If I'm not mistaken, Masek was ruled out as this UID. The new NAMUS site no longer lists rule-outs but I am almost certain he was on the old site.

If I'm not mistaken, Masek was ruled out as this UID. The new NAMUS site no longer lists rule-outs but I am almost certain he was on the old site.
Kamil Masek is listed in the Lost & Found site under the exclusions tab (persons who have been ruled out as the identity in this case) . Though I am not sure how he was ruled out since the DNA for the unidentified person says 'Samples submitted - Tests not complete'.
The Lost & The Found

Circumstances of Disappearance
Kamil Malek went out with friends on the night of January 26th, 2008. He was last seen at 3:00am on January 27, 2008 in the area of Country Village, Suburbia Drive, Jersey City, NJ. The vehicle Masek was driving was a 2-door 1993 Black Honda Civic. This vehicle was found at 5th St. and Erie St. in Jersey City, NJ on 1/29/2008.

• kamil_masek_1.jpg
  • kamil_masek_2.jpg
Masek, circa 2008
  • Missing Since 01/27/2008
  • Missing From Jersey City, New Jersey
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 08/22/1977 (46)
  • Age 30 years old
  • Height and Weight 6'0 - 6'2, 180 - 190 pounds

• Clothing/Jewelry Description A blue ski jacket, a brown and black striped sweater, a long-sleeved black shirt, dark blue jeans, a black belt and black shoes.

• Associated Vehicle(s) Black 2003 Honda Civic (accounted for)

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Masek wears contact lenses. He has a birthmark on the left side of his lower back and a lump behind his left ear. He has not been circumcised.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back