1331 users online (268 members and 1063 guests)  

Websleuths News

Exclamation CA - LAPD announces reward for predatory male nurse

$50,000 reward
    http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...cal&id=5988953
    LAPD is looking for a man accused of attacking women who are at their most vulnerable: in the hospital, coming out of surgery, and heavily sedated. Two victims spoke out Thursday.
    "Once I got into the bathroom, he proceeded to molest me," said "Stacy," one victimized patient. "I knew when it was happening that my life wasn't going to be the same anymore. And if there's anything I or anyone can do to bring this man to justice, we need to do it. Please."
    The suspect is 39-year-old Ramon Eduardo Gaspar. He is a certified nursing assistant. Detectives believe he is responsible for 10 assaults. (more plus pic at link)

UNbelievable.

Nurses, doctors and healthcare workers, be on alert! Patients too, I guess.

omgosh! How sad is it that people can't be safe in the hospital? Thank goodness they know who this creepm is.
    From the article:
    Gaspar is a U.S. citizen, 5 feet 7 inches tall, and 165 pounds. He has extended family in the area. Victims say he needs to be found and prosecuted.

Nursing assistant is not a nurse. The media always does this! The title of "Nurse" is a protected term in almost all states (it might be in all now) and is used only for for licensed practical nurses (LPN) and for registered nurses (RN).

I don't mean to sound picky, but I just wanted to say something because that is near and dear and most people don't know the difference. People who go to nursing school to be licensed nurses put a lot into that licensure. I worked hard to be called nurse. A lot of nursing assistants are pulled off the streets, and the ones that are "certified" after often done so after a time of being on the job. And even though though they are an important part of the team... they aren't legally allowed the term of nurse.

Besides, he's not a nurse... he's a freakin predator.
    What a jerk!! These poor women... I am sorry they had to go through this.

I just thought I would say something because people don't know the difference... theres a lot of education that goes into being a nurse and continue to do this job. It's not easy and its a professional thing. Its like going to see your nurse practitioner or the physician's assistant and calling them the doctor... they aren't the doctor, they are the nurse practitioner and or PA and they will usually say so. I am proud of what I do and I will always say exactly who I am and what I am here to do for you.

They interveiwed 3 of the assault victioms this morning on our news. I felt so bad for them. They have been truly traumatized. One lady described him as *scary charming* She said he was really charming at first and then it gets to be too much bordering on scary. I guess he crossed the border. What a pig.

Were the women raped? The article uses the word molested, so it's not clear. No offense to any nursing assistants, but I'd rather have a nurse help me immediately after surgery and have my family with me for help the rest of the stay.

Quote Originally Posted by pedinurse View Post
    Nursing assistant is not a nurse. The media always does this! The title of "Nurse" is a protected term in almost all states (it might be in all now) and is used only for for licensed practical nurses (LPN) and for registered nurses (RN).

I don't mean to sound picky, but I just wanted to say something because that is near and dear and most people don't know the difference. People who go to nursing school to be licensed nurses put a lot into that licensure. I worked hard to be called nurse. A lot of nursing assistants are pulled off the streets, and the ones that are "certified" after often done so after a time of being on the job. And even though though they are an important part of the team... they aren't legally allowed the term of nurse.

Besides, he's not a nurse... he's a freakin predator.
    What a jerk!! These poor women... I am sorry they had to go through this.

I just thought I would say something because people don't know the difference... theres a lot of education that goes into being a nurse and continue to do this job. It's not easy and its a professional thing. Its like going to see your nurse practitioner or the physician's assistant and calling them the doctor... they aren't the doctor, they are the nurse practitioner and or PA and they will usually say so. I am proud of what I do and I will always say exactly who I am and what I am here to do for you.

THANK YOU!!!!!! I am an RN and when I read this article this morning it made the hair stand up on my the back of my neck. Those of us who have worked so hard to earn and maintain the title (which is a privilege) find it offensive when someone who may not even have a high school education is given a false title. Now don't get me wrong, I started out as a nursing assistant in high school and then as I worked while I was in college. A good nursing assistant is a vital part of the health care team but, they are not a nurse!!!! This guy is not worhty to even carry the title of nursing assistant.