GUILTY GA - Joy, 39, Micaiah, 11, & Jelani Deleston, 4, murdered, Lawrenceville, 28 Feb 2008

What a horrible crime. That mug shot says it all, IMO. You really have to be soul-less and cold-hearted to kill little girls. :(

Welcome to WS, sxybrwneyes27!

The latest news reports are saying that, according to child support documents, the 4 year old was the daughter of the rap star Juvenile

Sad story. I have a hard time understanding how he could kill his mother and, especially, his younger siblings. Jenali was only 4 years old :( .

Heard about this at work. I work in a hospital and one of the cleaning staff came into our office late this afternoon and told us about it....the woman killed was her niece's best friend and the niece had just gotten off the phone with her an hour earlier. SO awful. :(

What a horrible crime. That mug shot says it all, IMO. You really have to be soul-less and cold-hearted to kill little girls. :(

Welcome to WS, sxybrwneyes27!

He certainly doesn't look anything but defiant.
17 and 10th grade would either be held back 2x or 1x and a late start....

Ah, good catch with the age/grade, justche.

I was wondering if this was going to be the typical re-marriage type thing, where the killer doesn't really have a blood connection to the girls he killed. (or not necessarily "marriage" but different fathers)

I wonder if this boy had been in trouble before and how well he got along with his mom and sisters. Looks like one of the girls was trying to get outside as she was found right inside the front door...the 11 yr old.

So far neighbors haven't reported fights or anything. Said they would often see the boy out shooting baskets or washing his mom's patrol car. I would really like to know what brought this about.

One whole family wiped out in a matter of minutes or even seconds. It just goes on and on...kids killing their families.

There seems to be no reason thus far. Other than one psychologist commenting that there could be serious mental illness involved but she was from another state and didn't know the family. I imagine that is as good a guess as anything right now.

It just seems that the mom was a giving dedicated person. The children were children for goodness sake. WHY?

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/me...triple_0229.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

From September 2010:

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/gwinnett-teen-gets-2-life-sentences-for-shooting-m/nQj7q/

Anthony Tyrone Terrell, then 17, broke the rules by inviting a girl over to his Lawrenceville house without supervision on Feb. 28, 2008. But instead of resulting in a shouting match or slamming door, it ended with the slaying of his mother, Joy Deleston, who was a Gwinnett County sheriff's deputy, and her two young daughters.

Terrell pleaded guilty to murder charges Friday and was sentenced to back-to-back life terms.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back