Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 90

Thread: Food Network Cans "Dinner Impossible" Chef For Lying

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    heaven bound
    Posts
    4,894

    Food Network Cans "Dinner Impossible" Chef For Lying

    I've watched this show a few times...anyone else?


    "Dinner: Impossible" chef Robert Irvine has been fired from the Food Network's kitchen!

    After it was discovered that Robert lied about his credentials -- including having designed Princess Diana's wedding cake -- Food Network honchos investigated the situation and today released a statement saying they "have not renewed Robert's contract for future seasons" and "will be looking for a replacement host."

    Robert apologized for his actions adding, "I was wrong to exaggerate in statements related to my experiences regarding the Royal Family."
    http://www.tmz.com/2008/02/29/food-n...possible-chef/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    18,509
    Yes, we watch this show quite a bit... I'm shocked! He really is quite good at making a large gourmet feast on the fly, even if he did lie.
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hillsborough NC
    Posts
    348
    My entire family watches food network . My 11 yr old daughter has watched this show, both her dad and I say that watching it makes us nervous! Now if they would only fire Sandra Lee!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    heaven bound
    Posts
    4,894
    Guy F. was here in Atlanta with his show "Diner's, drive-ins and dives" about two or three weeks ago. The put it in the paper so everyone would know when and what time and could stop by the restaurant to check him out.
    I wanted to go, but hubby couldn't get off work. I wanted a picture with him!!!!!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Other End
    Posts
    25,455
    I love the Food Network.. Watch it all the time. Wow, I'm shocked that he would lie about that. There is no reason to..


    This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,433
    Quote Originally Posted by booradley View Post
    My entire family watches food network . My 11 yr old daughter has watched this show, both her dad and I say that watching it makes us nervous! Now if they would only fire Sandra Lee!
    oh thank you- she makes me nutsssssssssssssssssssss!!!!
    even my kidsa & dh think the show is ridiculous !

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,582
    I'm completely shocked I just love that show. I love watching him trying to serve all those people in the alloted time, I always found him very entertaining.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,450
    Too bad this article wasn't about Rachel Ray or Giada...I can't STAND either of them.

    Rachel Ray looks like a little piggy and her over-exaggerations and arm movements drive me crazy. I hate her giggles, I hate her saying E-V-O-O, I hate "YUMMO"...argh, I hate her face!

    And then there's Giada. She's of Italian descent of course, but when she pronounces Italian words she goes way out her way to come up with these extremely obnoxious and overdone pronunciations that it makes her come off as pretentious. And then she uses the word "perfect" too much. According to her, everything is perfect. The perfect dish. The perfect amount. The perfect bite. The only thing she has going for her is her scoop neck shirts.

    Phew. It felt good to vent about this. Thanks!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,147
    Quote Originally Posted by j2mirish View Post
    oh thank you- she makes me nutsssssssssssssssssssss!!!!
    even my kidsa & dh think the show is ridiculous !
    Hmmm, is it just me or does anybody else think she has a thing for booze!! I turn off her show before she gets to the cocktail every time. Ya thin k she could make a good old fashioned glass of sweet tea for a change!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5,712
    Oh, that's terrible!!! I watch his show all the time. We're actually Food Network addicts. Got me to start doing a little gourmet cooking. I actually used my sister's Christmas gift card for Macy's on a mandolin and a Cuisinart Prep Mixer. My next project is Guy's Mojito Chicken. One of my very favorites is Alton Brown. Then there's Paula, just love her.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,795
    I loved his show too, he did a party at the Eagles stadium in one episode last year that was sooo good, he had to go out to the tailgaters and buy or trade the food they had, then turn it into his feast for the VIP's. What really stinks is that his talent and personality would have taken him where he wanted to go - without the lies. Another lesson for my kids, one whom watched his show with me.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,433
    tell us how ya really feel !!!! this is great
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Too bad this article wasn't about Rachel Ray or Giada...I can't STAND either of them.

    Rachel Ray looks like a little piggy and her over-exaggerations and arm movements drive me crazy. I hate her giggles, I hate her saying E-V-O-O, I hate "YUMMO"...argh, I hate her face!

    And then there's Giada. She's of Italian descent of course, but when she pronounces Italian words she goes way out her way to come up with these extremely obnoxious and overdone pronunciations that it makes her come off as pretentious. And then she uses the word "perfect" too much. According to her, everything is perfect. The perfect dish. The perfect amount. The perfect bite. The only thing she has going for her is her scoop neck shirts.

    Phew. It felt good to vent about this. Thanks!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,433
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerprune64 View Post
    Hmmm, is it just me or does anybody else think she has a thing for booze!! I turn off her show before she gets to the cocktail every time. Ya thin k she could make a good old fashioned glass of sweet tea for a change!
    the thing that gets me mostly about her, and rachel does it alot too--- hell anybody could cook and bake all kinds of fabulous things with prebought, presliced,prechopped, precooked items-----I always laugh- cause it might only take 30 minutes, but it is gonna cost a fortune to make !
    dont get me wrong- We love food network, but damn----

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,705
    WHY would you lie about something as important as Princess Di's wedding cake? Wouldn't a normal person figure that someone is going to check that out? I realize nobody is perfect, but that kind of lying indicates a bigger problem to me.

    At least they fired him and didn't think about starting a new series titled "Lying Impossible".

    GIADA! She's pregnant, right? I honestly wondered how that was going to affect her cleavage. Can it get any deeper?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    WHY would you lie about something as important as Princess Di's wedding cake? Wouldn't a normal person figure that someone is going to check that out? I realize nobody is perfect, but that kind of lying indicates a bigger problem to me.

    At least they fired him and didn't think about starting a new series titled "Lying Impossible".

    GIADA! She's pregnant, right? I honestly wondered how that was going to affect her cleavage. Can it get any deeper?
    I thought the same thing- that would be like me saying I kept the books for the White House !! uhm....I think somebody might look into that !!!
    fabulous smiley tm !!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,582
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerprune64 View Post
    Hmmm, is it just me or does anybody else think she has a thing for booze!! I turn off her show before she gets to the cocktail every time. Ya thin k she could make a good old fashioned glass of sweet tea for a change!
    You are right bakerprune! Did you see the episode around Christmas time when she decorated the christmas tree in nothing but martini glasses? My husband turned to me and said I think she has a problem with drinking LOL.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,705
    Hi Cali!! You need to post more.

    I totally missed that martini glass episode! She used to annoy me until I saw her bio somewhere. She had a rough childhood and I think she practically raised her siblings on her own. She does a lot for charity now, I believe. Anyway, I don't cringe as much anymore when I see her curtains and apron matching her food.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,478
    I love the food network, especially Ace of Cakes and the various competitions they host. I did not like this show or this host. I am sorry he has lost his job but lying never brings about anything good.

    mjak

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    heaven bound
    Posts
    4,894
    Quote Originally Posted by j2mirish View Post
    the thing that gets me mostly about her, and rachel does it alot too--- hell anybody could cook and bake all kinds of fabulous things with prebought, presliced,prechopped, precooked items-----I always laugh- cause it might only take 30 minutes, but it is gonna cost a fortune to make !
    dont get me wrong- We love food network, but damn----
    I know! They always have a TON of ingredients.
    When I look up recipes on the net I usually search for "quick and easy." Or "recipes with few ingredients."

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    heaven bound
    Posts
    4,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    WHY would you lie about something as important as Princess Di's wedding cake? Wouldn't a normal person figure that someone is going to check that out? I realize nobody is perfect, but that kind of lying indicates a bigger problem to me.

    At least they fired him and didn't think about starting a new series titled "Lying Impossible".

    GIADA! She's pregnant, right? I honestly wondered how that was going to affect her cleavage. Can it get any deeper?
    Well if the started "lying impossible" they'd already have 2 contestants...this guy and the one who lied during last season's "The next food network star." I can't remember his name even though I liked him, but he lied about being in the war and something else.
    Fortunately he dropped out before they could sack him.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    18,509
    Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    Well if the started "lying impossible" they'd already have 2 contestants...this guy and the one who lied during last season's "The next food network star." I can't remember his name even though I liked him, but he lied about being in the war and something else.
    Fortunately he dropped out before they could sack him.
    Basically, they forced an on-camera resignation out of him. His name was Joshua Garcia.
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.



  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    18,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Too bad this article wasn't about Rachel Ray or Giada...I can't STAND either of them.

    Rachel Ray looks like a little piggy and her over-exaggerations and arm movements drive me crazy. I hate her giggles, I hate her saying E-V-O-O, I hate "YUMMO"...

    And then there's Giada. She's of Italian descent of course, but when she pronounces Italian words she goes way out her way to come up with these extremely obnoxious and overdone pronunciations that it makes her come off as pretentious. And then she uses the word "perfect" too much. According to her, everything is perfect. The perfect dish. The perfect amount. The perfect bite. The only thing she has going for her is her scoop neck shirts.

    Phew. It felt good to vent about this. Thanks!
    Your assessments are accurate and they are both my 6-year-olds favorites. She loves it when Rachel declares it "a party in my mouth!"
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.



  23. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    3,012
    I am not a fan of Giada AT ALL. In fact, when it's on, we switch to her and put on mute or pause it (depending on which TV we are watching) and then hubber and I have to guess the number of seconds before she 'over-Eyetalian-accents' a word.
    Sandra Lee gets on my nerves, mostly about how she talks...can't quite put my finger on it.

    Rachael I kinda like. I don't really watch her anymore on TV, tho. I LOVE her magazine and have tried tons more recipes out of that than on her shows.

    I am pretty surprised about Chef Irvine. Seems he has been exposed all over the place, according to that article. I quite like that show, too, although, it bothered me a little that there was NEVER a budget for him. I suppose every other limitation was there....I should cut them a break

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    556
    I love Chef Robert so much. I will miss him, but I admire the integrity Food Network has for keeping it real. Wouldn't you love to see the sports stars (and tv/movie stars) who get arrested, etc., get fired. They would straighten up so fast, TMZ wouldn't have time to file bankruptcy.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,705
    Quote Originally Posted by mjak View Post
    I love the food network, especially Ace of Cakes and the various competitions they host. I did not like this show or this host. I am sorry he has lost his job but lying never brings about anything good.

    mjak
    Nitpicking tonight...I love those challenges but I can't stand that host! He's got the most annoying voice! IMO anyway.

    I really like the challenges where they show just typical people trying to win something too.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •