Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Food Network Cans "Dinner Impossible" Chef For Lying

I've watched this show a few times...anyone else?

"Dinner: Impossible" chef Robert Irvine has been fired from the Food Network's kitchen!

After it was discovered that Robert lied about his credentials -- including having designed Princess Diana's wedding cake -- Food Network honchos investigated the situation and today released a statement saying they "have not renewed Robert's contract for future seasons" and "will be looking for a replacement host."

Robert apologized for his actions adding, "I was wrong to exaggerate in statements related to my experiences regarding the Royal Family."
    http://www.tmz.com/2008/02/29/food-n...possible-chef/

Yes, we watch this show quite a bit... I'm shocked! He really is quite good at making a large gourmet feast on the fly, even if he did lie.
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

My entire family watches food network . My 11 yr old daughter has watched this show, both her dad and I say that watching it makes us nervous! Now if they would only fire Sandra Lee!

Guy F. was here in Atlanta with his show "Diner's, drive-ins and dives" about two or three weeks ago. The put it in the paper so everyone would know when and what time and could stop by the restaurant to check him out.
    I wanted to go, but hubby couldn't get off work. I wanted a picture with him!!!!!!

I love the Food Network.. Watch it all the time. Wow, I'm shocked that he would lie about that. There is no reason to..

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

Quote Originally Posted by booradley View Post
    My entire family watches food network . My 11 yr old daughter has watched this show, both her dad and I say that watching it makes us nervous! Now if they would only fire Sandra Lee!
    oh thank you- she makes me nutsssssssssssssssssssss!!!!
    even my kidsa & dh think the show is ridiculous !

I'm completely shocked I just love that show. I love watching him trying to serve all those people in the alloted time, I always found him very entertaining.

Too bad this article wasn't about Rachel Ray or Giada...I can't STAND either of them.

Rachel Ray looks like a little piggy and her over-exaggerations and arm movements drive me crazy. I hate her giggles, I hate her saying E-V-O-O, I hate "YUMMO"...argh, I hate her face!

And then there's Giada. She's of Italian descent of course, but when she pronounces Italian words she goes way out her way to come up with these extremely obnoxious and overdone pronunciations that it makes her come off as pretentious. And then she uses the word "perfect" too much. According to her, everything is perfect. The perfect dish. The perfect amount. The perfect bite. The only thing she has going for her is her scoop neck shirts.

Phew. It felt good to vent about this. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by j2mirish View Post
    oh thank you- she makes me nutsssssssssssssssssssss!!!!
    even my kidsa & dh think the show is ridiculous !
    Hmmm, is it just me or does anybody else think she has a thing for booze!! I turn off her show before she gets to the cocktail every time. Ya thin k she could make a good old fashioned glass of sweet tea for a change!

Oh, that's terrible!!! I watch his show all the time. We're actually Food Network addicts. Got me to start doing a little gourmet cooking. I actually used my sister's Christmas gift card for Macy's on a mandolin and a Cuisinart Prep Mixer. My next project is Guy's Mojito Chicken. One of my very favorites is Alton Brown. Then there's Paula, just love her.

I loved his show too, he did a party at the Eagles stadium in one episode last year that was sooo good, he had to go out to the tailgaters and buy or trade the food they had, then turn it into his feast for the VIP's. What really stinks is that his talent and personality would have taken him where he wanted to go - without the lies. Another lesson for my kids, one whom watched his show with me.

tell us how ya really feel !!!! this is great
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Too bad this article wasn't about Rachel Ray or Giada...I can't STAND either of them.

Rachel Ray looks like a little piggy and her over-exaggerations and arm movements drive me crazy. I hate her giggles, I hate her saying E-V-O-O, I hate "YUMMO"...argh, I hate her face!

And then there's Giada. She's of Italian descent of course, but when she pronounces Italian words she goes way out her way to come up with these extremely obnoxious and overdone pronunciations that it makes her come off as pretentious. And then she uses the word "perfect" too much. According to her, everything is perfect. The perfect dish. The perfect amount. The perfect bite. The only thing she has going for her is her scoop neck shirts.

Phew. It felt good to vent about this. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bakerprune64 View Post
    Hmmm, is it just me or does anybody else think she has a thing for booze!! I turn off her show before she gets to the cocktail every time. Ya thin k she could make a good old fashioned glass of sweet tea for a change!
    the thing that gets me mostly about her, and rachel does it alot too--- hell anybody could cook and bake all kinds of fabulous things with prebought, presliced,prechopped, precooked items-----I always laugh- cause it might only take 30 minutes, but it is gonna cost a fortune to make !
    dont get me wrong- We love food network, but damn----

WHY would you lie about something as important as Princess Di's wedding cake? Wouldn't a normal person figure that someone is going to check that out? I realize nobody is perfect, but that kind of lying indicates a bigger problem to me.

At least they fired him and didn't think about starting a new series titled "Lying Impossible".

GIADA! She's pregnant, right? I honestly wondered how that was going to affect her cleavage. Can it get any deeper?

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    WHY would you lie about something as important as Princess Di's wedding cake? Wouldn't a normal person figure that someone is going to check that out? I realize nobody is perfect, but that kind of lying indicates a bigger problem to me.

At least they fired him and didn't think about starting a new series titled "Lying Impossible".

GIADA! She's pregnant, right? I honestly wondered how that was going to affect her cleavage. Can it get any deeper?
    I thought the same thing- that would be like me saying I kept the books for the White House !! uhm....I think somebody might look into that !!!
    fabulous smiley tm !!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast