1063 users online (230 members and 833 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sister View Post
    Charles Pierce is a possibility. He worked at carnivals in Rockville, CT. He confessed to the murder of my sister, Janice, and I believe he may have confessed to Debbie's murder as well. The police did not believe him in Janice's case, and he was known to falsely confess. But I wonder if he was ever questioned in Debbie's disappearance.
    sister, i was looking at charles pierce as well as harold meade. won't know if he was questioned in debbie's case until i can make a trip to ct. and talk with the vernon pd.

Quote Originally Posted by bstandifer View Post
    sister, i was looking at charles pierce as well as harold meade. won't know if he was questioned in debbie's case until i can make a trip to ct. and talk with the vernon pd.
    Charles Pierce died in prison i believe of cancer or something to that effect i am not sure what year.
    he
    did confess to killing Andy Puglisi of mass they checked out both his stories relating to janice pockett of tolland and the mass boy. they even took cadiver dogs to where he said the boys body would be. but the dogs did not react at all. tolland pd after hearing his confession determined he had nothing to do with janice.

Are there threads on the other missing girls?

Detectives Search for Clues after Human Remains Found

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/l...198542031.html

By Ilana Gold | Friday, Mar 15, 2013 | Updated 7:38 PM EDT

People in the Vernon community also wondered if the remains belonged with Lisa White, or two other girls who vanished decades ago. Janice Pockett from Tolland was last seen in July of 1973.

Debra Spickler was visiting family in Vernon when she went missing in July of 1968. Police would not speculate on any of this.

This July will mark 45 years since Debra went missing.

Investigators: Remains Found in Vernon Do Not Match Missing Girls

http://ellington-somers.patch.com/gr...girls_1e0879c9
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

This past weekend I was at the Queenston-Lewiston Bridge traveling into the USA from Canada, and I saw Debra Spickler's missing poster on the wall. I hadn't heard of the case before, and something about her really struck me, so I looked into it once I got home.

To me it seems obvious that her case must be linked to the disappearances/murders of the other young girls in that area from that decade, and to the two suspects that have been mentioned. It's a shame that the remains discovered a few months ago won't provide any sort of closure to Debra's family, or the other families affected by those CT disappearances.

I suppose that I don't really have too much to say on this subject other than to just note that Debra's poster is still being circulated, and that the case really touched me. Hoping for information and answers alongside you guys.

For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

Quote Originally Posted by bstandifer View Post
    no, deborah did not visit our aunt frequently at all. i don't believe anyone was questioned at the pool, and if the police did look for witnesses, several hours had passed since she disappeared. it is my understanding the police believed she was a run away (and she was not). my sister did not run off.
    I grew up in Mystic and Deborah was in my brother's class. When she disappeared, the talk was that she had run away. I've always wondered what happened to her and how her life may have turned out. For some reason, I googled her name today and found this. I am so sorry about your sister and hope that someday, you may find an answer as to what happened to her.

I wonder if it is possible if Molly Bish's killer could have done this?

For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

The state is offering a $150,000 reward for any information that may help police solve any of the mysteries of what happened to three girls missing from the Vernon area for 40 years or more.

"Something that may have seemed insignificant to someone back then may be important information for us to have today," Tolland State's Attorney Matthew Gedansky said Thursday at a press conference at Vernon Town Hall.

Gedansky also announced the formation of a special Tolland County cold case task force that will handle any new tips that come in and also review the voluminous files of the three missing girls Debra Spickler, Janice Pockett and Lisa White.
    http://www.courant.com/news/connecti...016-story.html

I was raised in an area something like that. There were very few outsiders and when there were, everyone knew it. I would think that over the span, it was someone who lived there or remotely close. I believe they were comfortable and built a routine.
    "All a man needs is a good bed and a good pair of shoes because if you are not in one, you are in the other."~The Old Man on the Mountain

Why was an article about the 3 missing Indiana women in this thread?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast