1162 users online (215 members and 947 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Bumping.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

http://www.courant.com/news/connecti...414-story.html

A task force formed more than a year ago to investigate the disappearances of three girls from the Vernon and Tolland areas more than 40 years ago has developed a list of suspects, conducted searches in three locations and plans additional searches...

State and Vernon police detectives are on the Tolland County Cold Case Squad, along with Gedansky and two analysts, one of whom works in the chief state's attorney's office and the other in the Tolland state's attorney's office. Their goal is to find answers for the families of Debra Spickler, Janice Pockett and Lisa White.

The task force and the sisters of two of the missing girls gathered Thursday at the Rockville courthouse to hear Gedansky describe what the task force has done and its plans for the coming months.

After reviewing what facts are available online, it is hard for me to believe that Deborah"s, Lisa White, Janice Pockett, Patricia Luce and Larosa's cases were not connected. Number one, it is such a small town community. Geographically, the area where Deborah, Lisa, Patricia, and Susan were last seen were less than 4 miles away from eachother. The area in common was the Rockville area, and the convenience store. Two were close to parks. And when you look at the dates they were last seen, with the exception of lisa, all were taken in late july of different years and one in late june. Janice was in proximity, but was a more secluded area. But, from research, her community was new at the time, so it is possible there was alot of construction, etc...going on there. The offender may have worked in the area and seen janice there. Hopefully the cold case sqaud can solve these cases and bring closure and justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie33 View Post
    After reviewing what facts are available online, it is hard for me to believe that Deborah"s, Lisa White, Janice Pockett, Patricia Luce and Larosa's cases were not connected. Number one, it is such a small town community. Geographically, the area where Deborah, Lisa, Patricia, and Susan were last seen were less than 4 miles away from eachother. The area in common was the Rockville area, and the convenience store. Two were close to parks. And when you look at the dates they were last seen, with the exception of lisa, all were taken in late july of different years and one in late june. Janice was in proximity, but was a more secluded area. But, from research, her community was new at the time, so it is possible there was alot of construction, etc...going on there. The offender may have worked in the area and seen janice there. Hopefully the cold case sqaud can solve these cases and bring closure and justice.
    A seasonal worker (like the Carny) seems like a real possibility or someone who had a summer place in that part of CT--maybe even someone who had summers off, like a teacher.

Who are Larosa and Patricia Luce?

My take is this: I believe Debra Spickler, Lisa White, and Janice Pockett are connected to the same person, while Susan Larosa and Patricia Luce were connected to a different person. The latter two's remains were eventually found, positively ID'd and had the same injuries (blows to the head). I understand nothing on the former 3 were ever found?

Vernon/Tolland is indeed a fairly quiet area and I vaguely remember when Luce went missing back in 1978:

Susan Larosa

http://www.wfsb.com/story/14894917/f...ling-5-03-2011

Patricia Luce

http://www.courant.com/hc-cc-luce-032907-story.html

Just a side note, I-84 in CT was not built until the 1970s, though there were older roads that it intended to replace, like US 6. It was very quiet in that section of CT even in the early 2000s, so I agree with others that at least some subset of the girls' disappearances must be related.

Quote Originally Posted by Skigirl View Post
    Just a side note, I-84 in CT was not built until the 1970s, though there were older roads that it intended to replace, like US 6. It was very quiet in that section of CT even in the early 2000s, so I agree with others that at least some subset of the girls' disappearances must be related.
    I think it's likely, but I'm not positive whether all three are connected. If only two are connected, I'm not sure which two. Lisa White and Deborah Spickler were the same age, but their disappearances were six years apart. Janice Pockett and Lisa White weren't very close in age, but they looked a little alike.

I don't think a serial killer would have stopped unless he died, went to prison, or was interviewed by police. Of those three scenarios, I think his being interviewed by police is the most likely. Of course, it's possible he could have moved away and continued killing in another location.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozoner View Post
    I don't think a serial killer would have stopped unless he died, went to prison, or was interviewed by police. Of those three scenarios, I think his being interviewed by police is the most likely. Of course, it's possible he could have moved away and continued killing in another location.
    I wouldn't rule out that he didn't stop. The disappearance of Deborah Quimby from Townsend, MA has eerie parallels and there are several cases not only in Connecticut but also in Massachusetts and Rhode Island wherein the victims fit the profile of the Tolland County child killer.

The problem with linking anything for certain is that we don't have crime scenes or bodies in many of these cases. Whoever was operating in CT/Western MA at the time was a very, very organized offender and I can't shake the feeling that if we were to ever find one of the victims' remains, we'd likely find at least one of the others as well.
    "There are such devils."
    -The Pledge

Today is the 49th anniversary of Debra's disappearance. So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by bstandifer View Post
    no, deborah did not visit our aunt frequently at all. i don't believe anyone was questioned at the pool, and if the police did look for witnesses, several hours had passed since she disappeared. it is my understanding the police believed she was a run away (and she was not). my sister did not run off.
    Some questions.

Charlie Project says that Debra got a birthday card from her in which Debra said, "She was being good and helping her Aunt," the day she vanished.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ker_debra.html

1.) Was this envelope ever analyzed by LE?.
    2.) What was the postmark date on the envelope?
    3.) Was it confirmed that this was Debra's handwriting?
    4.) Is Debra's DNA available for testing?
    5.) Any suspects?

Satch

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3