Pill-Laced Fillets Cause Gorton's Fish Recall - Yes, GORTON'S!!

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
OK, we need a forum for threads that "make you sick to your stomach and/or freak you out". :eek:

http://www.10news.com/health/15454565/detail.html

:sick:
On Friday, Jud Reis, vice president of marketing for the company, based in Gloucester, Mass., said the material was some sort of pill, not compressed batter or bread crumbs.

The recall is for Gorton's 6 Crispy Battered Fish Fillets, 11.4 ounces. The UPC Code is No. 44400157770, with a date code of 7289G1 and a best-if-used-by date of April 2009.

The fish was sent to nine other states: Alabama, Delaware, California, Florida, Georgia, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas.

Consumers who purchased the fish can call Gorton's at 800-896-9479.

(MORE AT LINK ABOUT HOW THEY FOUND THE PILLS)

That is :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks, Taximom, I sent the link to all my family and friends...I live in one of the affected states and have loved ones in some of the others.

I almost bought some of these filets at Walmart, but then decided not to since the fish might be from China. Glad I didn't.

I had to run check the two boxes in my fridge!

Neither was included in the recall, but one did have a "best by" date of Dec. 2007.

So I'm more likely to make my family sick than anyone else! :rolleyes:

These are such a popular thing to feed children. We don't buy them because I think you get more breading/batter than fish. But I wonder how many children eat these and would never realize that hard chunk was a pill? Hopefully it's nothing....

These are such a popular thing to feed children. We don't buy them because I think you get more breading/batter than fish. But I wonder how many children eat these and would never realize that hard chunk was a pill? Hopefully it's nothing....
do we know what kind of pills these were yet? I mean was it anything good that would be worth running out and buying some Gorton's?

I'm sorry I hadn't seen this thread. I'd started one under Trust The Gorton's Fisherman". No news about what kind of pills yet. I haven't found anything.

This may help:
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=+1]Health Highlights: March 1, 2008 [/SIZE][/FONT]

http://www.ajc.com/health/content/shared-auto/healthnews/prss/613162.html
Results of the tests are expected early next week.
A New Freedom, Pa., woman said she had bitten into one of the pills and her 9-year-old daughter found another pill in the fish, the wire service said. Neither person got sick, and both were checked out at a local hospital. The pills were described as beige and about the size of an aspirin.

I'm sorry I hadn't seen this thread. I'd started one under Trust The Gorton's Fisherman". No news about what kind of pills yet. I haven't found anything.
Look at the bright side.We've doubled the chances that we will get the word out to people to stay away from fish sticks.

LOL - I was eating a salad last night and remembered your vinegar thread.

Oh yeah...just bought a big bottle of apple cider vinegar tonight....got home and swallowed 2 capfuls...I did grocery shopping today and started to get some (frozen fish) but then remembered this thread so I by-passed it.

This is the worst time of the year for this to happen. So many are only eating fish on Friday's from now until Easter, and that started in early February.

I Googled "beige pill that looks like an aspirin" and ecstacy fits the description to a tee.

Best wishes,

Mickie

If it means anything, Filly, I liked your thread title better! :blowkiss:

:laugh: :laugh:
do we know what kind of pills these were yet? I mean was it anything good that would be worth running out and buying some Gorton's?

New in your grocer's freezer:

Gorton's Frozen Fish Pillets

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member