Navy ship made from ruins of the WTC christened

I just read about this on another forum. One poster said that it is really bad mojo and I think I agree. It's doesn't seem quite right to me.

I know several Navy personal who worked on the New York. She was built with the most respect, care and diligence of any ship ever built in the USA.
May she safely sail.

Here is another article I found. I'm not sure how I feel about it.....Initially I thought it was an honorable thing...but now I'm kinda feeling like vicki...maybe some bad mojo...It is made from WTC steel and weathered Katrina...It's been through so much even before its maiden voyage!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23425455/?GT1=43001

I keep thinking back to the great phoenix that rose from the ashes: this ship is yet another testament to the fact that we have done as such, both literally and figuratively. The terrorists may think they got one over on us when 9/11/2001 came to pass... but we did not bend, we only got stronger... we have fought back and will keep fighting back.

Terrorist irony: taking down the towers and celebrating under the assumption that they have weakened us... to only find that outside their window we have just pulled up in their waters stronger than ever before, in a defense component that they are no match for... built from the metal of those towers.

I keep thinking back to the great phoenix that rose from the ashes: this ship is yet another testament to the fact that we have done as such, both literally and figuratively. The terrorists may think they got one over on us when 9/11/2001 came to pass... but we did not bend, we only got stronger... we have fought back and will keep fighting back.

Terrorist irony: taking down the towers and celebrating under the assumption that they have weakened us... to only find that outside their window we have just pulled up in their waters stronger than ever before, in a defense component that they are no match for... built from the metal of those towers.
WOW...great post! :blowkiss:

I'll second that "Great Post", deanws!! :clap: :clap:

:clap: :clap: well said. this is not evidence of a tragedy we suffered but a tragedy we survived.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back