1306 users online (261 members and 1045 guests)  

Websleuths News

WI - Cook Charged With Placing Foreign Objects In Edibles

The old adage "Don't screw with your food handlers" is what I guess cook Ryan Kropp figured when he stuffed hair in a steak a customer had ordered. Kropp claims he became angry when the customer sent the steak back. Well, good thing the customer went to the cops. Placing foreign objects in edibles is a felony.http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=722919

Can I just be the first to say. . . .

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

The worker said Kropp then stated, "These are my pubes," in reference to pubic hair. Kropp next flipped the steak over on the plate so that the cut side was not visible, the criminal complaint says.
    Man that really cured my appetite.

The guy should get his hearing checked. The steak was to be medium-rare, not medium-hair. Woka woka woka!

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    The guy should get his hearing checked. The steak was to be medium-rare, not medium-hair. Woka woka woka!

Paladin you are funny

Quote Originally Posted by FLMom View Post
    Can I just be the first to say. . . .

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
    LOL Right? Foul. I said "Ewwwwwwwwwwwww" when I read that article.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    ok that cracked me up.

One of my daughter's works at Texas Roadhouse.
    Guess what their Saturday meeting was about? lol

Oh, you really don't want to know what the cooks do to your food when you send it back! I never ever send food back even at a nice place because the workers are typically young and they don't think twice before spitting or "adding" .

Back in school I worked at a steakhouse and people would eat half of their steaks then complain about the cooking just to get a freebie. I hated those people. They would steal food off the bar and stuff it in their purses then act all angry because the *Customer is always right*.
    The guy in this story seems to be Ok but I cannot help thinking he was to picky about things.

pixies, my SIL was a waitress at Olive Garden and the stories she told me... Not only do I not send my food back...I don't want to eat out in the first place!

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    pixies, my SIL was a waitress at Olive Garden and the stories she told me... Not only do I not send my food back...I don't want to eat out in the first place!
    LOL! I know! The Olive Gardens around here only have illegals working in their kitchens (illegals who I know to be illegal workers) and they normally do not mishandle the food but they are very lackadaisical on hygiene (washing hands, coughing ect..) so the 2 OG's around here are off limits!

I have always wanted to read Anthony Bourdain's book "Kitchen Confidential" but don't know if I could stomach it.

Quote Originally Posted by pixies View Post
    LOL! I know! The Olive Gardens around here only have illegals working in their kitchens (illegals who I know to be illegal workers) and they normally do not mishandle the food but they are very lackadaisical on hygiene (washing hands, coughing ect..) so the 2 OG's around here are off limits!
    My dh loves pasta. He salivates when the "all-you-can-eat-pasta" commercial comes on. I just shake my head NO. (I know it's not just OG.)

I'm still laughing at Paladin's "hair" pun!