Worst family in the world?

Paladin

Former Member
Reaction score
What is an xbox and why is this more important than clothes for Christmas? It seems that someone put more importance on this and trying to get a laugh from it.

This is so hateful. How in the world could you do that to a kid. I guess he was disappointed who wouldnt be. Thats like someone giving you a box of something you really want and filling it with some cheese or something. I feel sorry for him.

OMG! That was beyond cruel...it was downright evil! WTH?! What kind of people would DO that to a child and then laugh at him?!?! If they are pulling this kind of prank, what are they doing to him at other times when the camera isn't rolling and the situation isn't "funny" to them? Are they heartless SOBs that are abusing this child physically which sometimes goes along with the emotional abuse we see here? Someone should send this video to Social Services and have them checked out.

Xbox is a video gaming system. To a kid that age it would be a pretty big deal. Yes they are expensive. I guess taht what is upsetting about this is that this little boy probably knew deep down that his family could not afford an xbox. In reality he probably thought it would never happen. I am sure that when he opened that package he was so surprised and then to open the box and it has clothes in it is cruel. NOw I am not saying that he should have gotten an xbox what I have a problem with is that his own family set him up and had a good laugh at his expense. What a great Christmas memory.

Poor kid. His parents are sadistic creeps. It's one thing if you can't afford an X box, but it's entirely different to get this child excited and then dash his dreams.

I went and checked it out on youtube, they did give him the game later. He got that joke as a present because he was peeking. I still think its wrong but at least he really did get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhO-OE931D4 Here is the link, it explains why they did it.

Engadget says that the brother that claims to have a video of the child getting the actual xbox after the prank video, never did upload that video. They got in contact with the family, and the family admits that the child never got an xbox. Microsoft and others have stepped up to the plate, but Engadget says they are taking care of it, as soon as they confirm that the family they are talking to really are the people on the video.

That was mean and cruel... he was so excited that his lips were shaking. Poor kid...

Engadget says that the brother that claims to have a video of the child getting the actual xbox after the prank video, never did upload that video. They got in contact with the family, and the family admits that the child never got an xbox. Microsoft and others have stepped up to the plate, but Engadget says they are taking care of it, as soon as they confirm that the family they are talking to really are the people on the video.

That was mean and cruel... he was so excited that his lips were shaking. Poor kid...
I know! That family sucks. I wanted to smash in their faces!
Poor kid started crying. :(

Ok FLAME ME if u must but here we go:
While I do think it was cruel of this family to put clothes in an XBOX box I have to play the devil's advocate and say:
#1: maybe they didn't have better sense
#2: maybe they couldn't afford alot of toys and felt that the kid would be better off with clothes than toys
But yet why would they put toys in an xbox box? Where did the xbox box come from to start with?
I don't know the answers but can't believe that someone did this JUST to be heartless...if they meant to be then why even give a gift at all? They could have given NOTHING and hurt a child just as bad, if not more!!!!!

I know! That family sucks. I wanted to smash in their faces!
Poor kid started crying. :(

I didn't watch the whole video...but yet this breaks my heart, to know that he cried.
BUT...I just can't concede that his parents did it to be cruel!

While I think it's wrong and mean-spirited of the parents to have played games with the kid's head by giving him false hope, I hate that today's profligate society is creating generations of spoiled, greedy, entitled brats who don't know the meaning of waiting, saving, value, being appreciative, and not getting everything one wants when one wants it.

I don't see a bit of sense in even celebrating gift giving with a child if all they will get is clothes. If the boy never got an xbox for Christmas, the family are cruel, evil, and mean. They'll pay for it later in life when he and their other children leave them alone and lonely in their old age. It's something he'll never forget and probably only one of horrible memories.

I watched the video and truley feel sorry for this young boy. He's not old enough to even begin to understand the "prank" the family played on him. IMO he will never forget the hurt that was heaped upon him Christmas morning, the worst part being his family's laughter. What mother deliberatly gives her child pain on Christmas? Another thing bothering me is his hair, it looks like it's in very bad need of grooming. What the parents are doing to him today will be repaid to them many times over in the furure.

VB

Why would someone give clothes as a gift to begin with? I HAVE to provide clothes for my children, that is not a gift. What this family did was mean and crappy and the way the one with that annoying voice behind the camera kept telling him how they can't afford an x-box..why should a little kid have to worry about or even know about what mom & dad can or cannot afford? The evil laughs going on around the room? They should be ashamed. I saw nothing funny about that video & obviously that family has a sick sense of humor..

I couldn't watch the video. Something kinda similar happened to me when I was a kid. For weeks my mother went on about this fabulous present she was going to buy me, how I would love it and it was something I had wanted for ages etc etc. Finally the day came and in the morning before I set of for school she told me that the afternoon was the big day and when I got home I would recieve my gift. Man I was so excited. I had all these wild ideas of what it could be, mostly I thought it would be some kind of doll. Got home and it was a stool. That was my fabulous gift. She thought it was funny when I was upset.

I couldn't watch the video. Something kinda similar happened to me when I was a kid. For weeks my mother went on about this fabulous present she was going to buy me, how I would love it and it was something I had wanted for ages etc etc. Finally the day came and in the morning before I set of for school she told me that the afternoon was the big day and when I got home I would recieve my gift. Man I was so excited. I had all these wild ideas of what it could be, mostly I thought it would be some kind of doll. Got home and it was a stool. That was my fabulous gift. She thought it was funny when I was upset.

Aussie Mum I am so sorry. Wow. I didn't watch the video either. Not because of anything even remotely like what happened to you. I'd feel guilty if the poor kid is hurt. We were so spoiled and out children were as well I just couldn't look at it. Again, I am sorry for your pain.

Ok FLAME ME if u must but here we go:
While I do think it was cruel of this family to put clothes in an XBOX box I have to play the devil's advocate and say:
#1: maybe they didn't have better sense
#2: maybe they couldn't afford alot of toys and felt that the kid would be better off with clothes than toys
But yet why would they put toys in an xbox box? Where did the xbox box come from to start with?
I don't know the answers but can't believe that someone did this JUST to be heartless...if they meant to be then why even give a gift at all? They could have given NOTHING and hurt a child just as bad, if not more!!!!!

Oh I so just want to flame you, White Rain. You meanie. LOL Girl, don't be worry about stating how ya feel. You're a kind, and compassionate person.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back