GUILTY TX - Penny, 37, Matthew, 13, & Tyler Caffey, 8, shot to death, 1 March 2008

The below quote is from Steve's link. I'd say this is a pretty good hint about the daughter because if the daughter had been killed, we'd know about it. If she was safe, that would be shouted from the roof tops. Many girls that age want to hang out with their female friends and their boyfriend. Many don't give a hoot about doing church things.
Investigators tells us there were five members of the Caffey family, including a 16-year-old daughter. They say she is alive, and was not shot, but they will not tell us where she is and if she was, in any way, involved.

They just experienced a death in the family:
Ampsonnyamp Caffey
A memorial service for Clarence “Sonny” Caffey was held Feb. 24 at Grace Baptist Church in Garland with Pastor Paul Allison officiating.Mr. Caffey died Feb. 21, 2008, at his home in Greenville.Formerly of Garland, Sonny worked for TXI and Borden’s in Dallas.He was preceded in death by his wife of 39 years, Linda Caffey.Survivors are two daughters, Tina Caffey of Jackson, Minn., and Mary Horn and husband Mike of Bailey; one son, Terry Caffey and wife Penny of Emory; one sister, Peggy Earhart of Denton; eight grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren and one niece.
Published in the Herald-Banner on 2/29/2008.
http://www.legacy.com/heraldbanner/Obituaries.asp?Page=Notice&PersonID=104546485

Gheeseeeeeeee they'd just lost Mr. Caffey's father and the kid's grandfather. :(

LOL, no problem, SuziQ.

This is horrible though.

How terrible! When it rains, it certainly pours doesn't it?:confused:

I agree that the teenage daughter may have been the target, and perhaps she wasn't home when this happened. It sounds like the police may have her in protective custody at this time. It sounds like the family was very involved in their church and religious so, although I know it could still happen, it doesn't sound like the daughter would be involved in something heinous like this.

Just horrible. :mad:

What happened was the teenage daughter was going out with the older guy and her parents tried to split them up, so they killed the parents. I am thinking the daughter is involved in some way.

The daughter is not one of the four. Curious as to why she was spared though. Was she the target?

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

A woman and her two young sons are dead. Their father is in the hospital after a shooting and fire at a rural Texas home. Police said one teenage daughter survived the incident. Four other teens have been taken into custody.

this must be an older article. I heard this morning that it was three teens and one adult. The adult was dating the teenaged daughter.

Johnson and other neighbors said they believe the incident began with a dispute about a teenage relationship. The Caffey's 16-year-old daughter was dating and older boy and her parents forbid her from seeing him.

Three high school students were arrested and booked into the Rains County jail. Traylor said 20-year-old Charles Allen of Emory, 18-year-old Charlie James Wilkinson of Emory and 18-year-old Bobbi Johnson of Point will be charged each with three counts of capital murder.

The family's teenage daughter was not injured. She is being detained at the Greenville juvenile center.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages...n=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

"Four suspects, including the Caffeys' juvenile daughter, remained in custody Sunday. Charlie James Wilkinson, 19; Charles Allen Wade, 20; and Bobbi Gale Johnson, 18, all of Emory, are all charged with three counts each of capital murder, according to the sheriff's department statement. All remained in Rains County Jail with bonds set at $1.5 million each."

"Mrs. Caffey, 37, was killed along with her two sons, Tyler Caffey, 8, and Mathew Caffey 13, according to the statement. All had been shot and stabbed multiple times. Terry Caffey was in critical but stable condition Sunday in East Texas Medical Center in Tyler, where he was being treated for a gunshot wound to the head."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/5585550.html

The family just lost their grandfather 9 days ago.

http://www.legacy.com/heraldbanner/Obituaries.asp?Page=Notice&PersonID=104546485

Taxi, lol, sorry for the crosspost! We are on the same search.

I don't know if the 16 year old daughter is involved or not......it sure looks suspicious, doesn't it........but if she is, it makes me wonder if Grandpa had money. Maybe she wanted to by-pass the "middle man" in the inheritance?

I agree that the teenage daughter may have been the target, and perhaps she wasn't home when this happened. It sounds like the police may have her in protective custody at this time. It sounds like the family was very involved in their church and religious so, although I know it could still happen, it doesn't sound like the daughter would be involved in something heinous like this.

Just horrible. :mad:

Oh, how I sincerely hope and pray you are right.

How sad and disturbing that the daughter would resort to killing her family because of some guy. What are these kids thinking?? I mean did they think they'd get away with this??
I'm sure the whole community must be broken up over this.

Did these kids honestly think they were just going to murder the parents who were standing in their way, skip off into the sunset, and live happily ever after? :eek:

Imagine how horrible the families of the other kids must feel? How would you live with yourself, knowing that your child was this evil, and this stupid?

Investigators later found the daughter hiding at the home of one of the suspects, according to the statement. It was not clear from the account which of the suspects she was dating. Sheriff's deputies withheld her name because of her age.

http://www./news/us/2008/03/02/teen_romance_suspected_in_3_texas_deaths

Looks to me, like she was involved...
Bobbi's myspace says she loves "Charles Allen Waid".. So I am assuming that the daughters boyfriend is Charlie Wilkinson....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back