AZ AZ - Michael Tapley, 52, Snowflake, 15 February 2008

petra

Reaction score
http://www.abc15.com/news/state/story.aspx?content_id=37db20a6-c841-49cb-8c17-4c38880cde81

The Navajo County and Coconino County Sheriff’s Office are asking the public for help in finding a couple who were last seen in Snowflake, Arizona.

Michael and Gina Tapley went have not been seen or heard from since February 15th.

The Tapleys might have traveled to the Clear Creek Reservoir area south of Winslow.

They also could have been scouting hunting areas including one area east of Lake Mary Road and north of Clints Well or another area south of I-40 and west of State Route 87.

Michael is a white male, 52 years of age, 5/10, 180 lbs, brown hair and blue ...................SNIPPET.................................

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0302missing0302-ON.html

2 March 08

Deputy Cmdr. Kent Bradburn, with the Navajo County Sheriff's Office, said Gina Tapley Saturday contacted family in Missouri. Her husband, Michael Tapley, has not been seen or heard from since the couple disappeared Feb. 15.

Gina, 46, reportedly failed to provide her location Saturday when she talked with family members.

Bradburn said investigators still want to find Gina because she could lead them to Michael.

more at link

pics

Thanks for the update, hoppy.

This sounds strange indeed.

Hope both of them are safe and sound where ever they may be.

http://www.wmicentral.com/site/news.cfm?BRD=2264&dept_id=505961&newsid=19368190&PAG=461&rfi=9

7 March 08

The Sheriff's Office reported that Michael Tapley, 52, and his wife Gina Tapley, 46, have been missing since Feb. 15. Family members did not hear from either until Gina contacted them March 1.

"We have executed search warrants at the residence but didn't see anything that would indicate foul play," Deputy Commander K.C. Clark of Major Crimes Apprehension Team said. "The only thing we have is that the disappearances were mysterious. According to the family, it was out of the ordinary for them not to contact family members."

Michael Tapley works for the Snowflake Unified School District but failed to report for work Feb. 18. He was last seen leaving work the previous weekend.

As of March 5, Clark said, family members reported having seen Gina as well as hearing from her. Nothing had been heard from Michael as of that date.

"We just don't have a starting point to look for him," Clark said. "We do have an attempt-to-locate on the vehicle and the couple sent to law enforcement agencies across the country."

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Navajo County Sheriff's Office at (928) 524-4450 or the local sheriff's substation.

(So what has Gina told family members? Has LE interviewed Gina? I wish there was more info about this. Hoppy)

SNOWFLAKE/TAYLOR - A woman who had been reported missing since Feb. 15 showed up at the Snowflake/Taylor Police Department March 10.
More at link:

SAfter reading that link, I'd say LE needs to take a VERY close look at the wife, IMO.

Hoppy

Interesting case, GiGi! Sounds like Gina has some explaining to do. OK What do we know about their prior situation? Let's get down to the brass tacks on this.

I live about half an hour away from the town that Michael went missing (Snowflake, AZ). I have talked to his sister Kim and she sent me a packet with information to post. I just posted 5 links to some of the information. I will be posting more in the next day.

The family hasn't gotten much cooperation from authorities. They (LE) just don't seem to be interested in the case much. They went through the motions and gave up. Snowflake is a very small town and I believe the LE may not have enough experience to deal with this. LE from another county was involved in the search for a time because it was believed that Micheal may have been in that county. But it seems that if it is a missing man, it gets treated differently than a missing woman.?

I urged Michaels sister Kim to let Websleuths help. You guys are better than any LE I know :clap: so please take a look at the case and ask any questions you have. If you pm me I will give you Kim's phone# and email and you can talk directly to her. I am available to go to the town of Snowflake or to the county for any information that any of you want or need to help solve this case. I will be posting more info asap (there were 3 Orders of Protection filed against Gina Tapley (Michael's wife) by her 3rd husband and one Order of Protection filed against Gina Tapley by Micheal (he was her 4th husband). I can't post these until I white out the SS#'s but will do asap.
Thanks everyone for helping :blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

Justice for Michael Tapley

Arizona, did you notice that on the timeline, they have the date of February 30? They also have an entry for that date. Since there is no date of February 30 that exists, when did those events happen? Kim may want to double check those facts around that time. I am not telling her what to do, just letting her know that I saw the inconsistency and am afraid it might be questioned. Then again I may have read it wrong, but it is worth looking into. Thank you for posting those documents, puts a lot of things into perspective. Thank you also for passing along this info!

From all indications the wife needs to be strongly looked at in his disappearance. Something isn't holding water and I believe she knows more about what happened to Michael. The family needs to pursue this strongly and enlist other LE help if need be.

Arizona, did you notice that on the timeline, they have the date of February 30? They also have an entry for that date. Since there is no date of February 30 that exists, when did those events happen? Kim may want to double check those facts around that time. I am not telling her what to do, just letting her know that I saw the inconsistency and am afraid it might be questioned. Then again I may have read it wrong, but it is worth looking into. Thank you for posting those documents, puts a lot of things into perspective. Thank you also for passing along this info!

Nope I didn't even notice. See how good I am :crazy:
Thanks, I'll let her know.

My gosh, this poor family. They are having to do the detective work themselves. Since state lines were crossed and we don't know where the possible foul play occurred, wouldn't FBI involvement be possible? I think if I was a family member I would call the FBI. They do have the evidence that the wife gave his truck away in Missouri.

I cannot get the links to work so forgive me if this is already answered.

1. Any history of drug abuse?Alcohol abuse?
2. Marital problems?
3. Are there any children involved?
4. Phone records?
5. Insurance policies?
6. Has anyone called the local news media especially the investigative reporter type who love stories like this?

This family needs to be a total pest to LE. Call every single day, call the FBI office every single day and call every single news media they can find.

They also need to let is slip they are thinking of taking civil legal action against the wife since she is not helping the investigation she must be holding something back. Let HER know she is going to be the focus of lawyers and the media.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back