A little boy's dream. The wish of Austin Hickey

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
I have contributed to the Make-A-Wish Foundation since it was first formed.
I am happy to say that 4-year-old Austin Hickey from Florida got his wish to see and throw snow. Austin and his family were flown here and participated in a snowball fight with our fully geared Firefighters and Police Officers.
Austin came to Stowe, Vermont from Kissimmee, Florida.
Austin was diagnosed 6 months ago with Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis. It is very rare and also known as the "Orphan Disease".

I am very proud of our men and women who helped make Austin's dream come true.

As I sit here looking out of my window not far from where Austin and his family came to, I am looking at the mounds of snow in a whole new sense. Just this morning prior to reading my local news story on this, I was cursing the snow as I did always when I saw snow. Now I am looking out of my window and looking at a blessing. It is an honor to me and all others here that Austin came our state to fullfill his wish.

Link to the article;

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/a...803020309/1007

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

My very dear sweet Strach,:blowkiss:

Hello my friend where on earth have you been!!!!
It is a pleasure to see you.

So much Love and Respect for you,
dark_shadows

Inside the firehouse, after the snowball fight and a dinner provided by department members, Austin showed no sign of slowing down. Vermont is "the snow place" and snow is "cool," he said. For the moment, he is too involved in a battle between a stuffed chipmunk and some plastic army men to elaborate.

hahaha now that is CUTE! :crazy: What a great story..

My very dear sweet Strach,:blowkiss:

Hello my friend where on earth have you been!!!!
It is a pleasure to see you.

dark_shadows

Much love and respect right back at ya!
Dealing with so much the last few months being in and out of the hospital. Trying to keep up lately and posting here and there less frequently.

This story particularly touched me as I was just watching the snow we got last week missing the days when I lived in Md. I'm now in an area where snow is scarce and am moving to an even warmer climate soon.

This little boys story really made me appreciate what doctors have been able to do for me over the years to extend my life to this point as I know many others aren't as lucky. :blowkiss:

My very dearest Strach,:blowkiss: :blowkiss:

You are truly missed here my friend when we do not see you here.

My prayers are always with you. A very big cyber hug to you.

dark_shadows

My dearest Mygirlsadie,:blowkiss:

Here are some photos for you of Austin with the battle between the chipmunk and the plastic army men. (I cried my eyes out looking at the photos)

Please go to this link and go down to the photo galleries and click on the words "Make-A-Wish Foundation brings boy to Stowe", There are many photos on there and there are ones with the chipmunks and the plastic army men);

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

Please enjoy them.

dark_shadows

I have contributed to the Make-A-Wish Foundation since it was first formed.
I am happy to say that 4-year-old Austin Hickey from Florida got his wish to see and throw snow. Austin and his family were flown here and participated in a snowball fight with our fully geared Firefighters and Police Officers.
Austin came to Stowe, Vermont from Kissimmee, Florida.
Austin was diagnosed 6 months ago with Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis. It is very rare and also known as the "Orphan Disease".

I am very proud of our men and women who helped make Austin's dream come true.

As I sit here looking out of my window not far from where Austin and his family came to, I am looking at the mounds of snow in a whole new sense. Just this morning prior to reading my local news story on this, I was cursing the snow as I did always when I saw snow. Now I am looking out of my window and looking at a blessing. It is an honor to me and all others here that Austin came our state to fullfill his wish.

Link to the article;

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/a...803020309/1007

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

What a SWEET STORY DS!! Thank you for posting that! Make-A-Wish is an amazing organization. Anyone who wants to contribute to something that's TOTALLY about happiness for someone else-- that's the one. Thanks again for posting that adorable story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back