1110 users online (225 members and 885 guests)  

Websleuths News

IL - Kankakee County, BlkFem, 30-40, Oct'02 - Mary Alice Dunbar

The Jane Doe below was identified recently as Mary Alice Dunbar. Her remains were found in October of 2002 near the Will / Kankakee County Line, near Route 45. Mary Alice's sister Kennetta and family are on their way to IL to receive Mary Alice's remains. Please keep them in your thoughts.

Mary's thread at someoneknowsme.com http://someoneknowsme.com/vb/upload/...=7967#post7967

Name:Jane Doe
    Sex: Female
    The Illinois State Police, in cooperation with the Kankakee County Sheriff's Office and the Coroner's Office, is seeking any information that may help identify the skeletal remains of a Black /Female which were found in October 2002 near the Will / Kankakee County Line, near Route 45. This reconstruction was done by a forensic artist, based on the remains. The woman was approximately 30-40 years old at the time of death and stood around 5 foot 3 inches tall. She is thought to have died in 2001. (The hairstyle and length is only an estimate.)

If you can provide any information about the possible identity of this person, or the circumstances of her death, please contact Senior Inspector Ronald Bartlett, Illinois State Police Ashkum, Illinois Investigation Section. (815) 698-2332 ext. #608. All information will be treated as confidential upon request.[/FONT]

Mary Alice Dunbar's Doenetwork information
    The Doe Network:
    Case File 2005DFIL
    Dunbar, circa 1997
    Mary A. Dunbar
    Missing since June 20, 1997 from St. Anne, Kankakee County, Illinois
    Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: September 29, 1971
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6", 130 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Black female. Black, collar-length hair; brown eyes.
    • Clothing: Green Jumpsuit.

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Dunbar was last seen in the Hopkins Park Area of St. Anne, Illinois on June 20, 1997

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Kankakee County Sheriff's Department
    815-802-7150
    Agency Case Number: M97D2170
    NCIC Number: M-041589128
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
    Source Information:
    Kankakee County Sheriff's Department
    Last edited by KateB; 04-05-2015 at 11:47 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Please keep her family in your thoughts and prayers. I spoke with her sister this afternoon and she was on her way to Illinois to sign the papers for the release of Mary Alice's remains.

Prayers for her family.

Not a lot of the info matched up on the listings. That helps me realize how they can be wrong and not to look over anyone because of the information listed.

You are right. Not much of the information matched but the sketch is right on. The long jaw line, same chin, the cheek bones, the eye shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerbabie View Post
    Prayers for her family.

Not a lot of the info matched up on the listings. That helps me realize how they can be wrong and not to look over anyone because of the information listed.

Unhappy

Thoughts and prayers go out to the Dunbar family and friends.

Mary Alice, you were never forgotten. And now your loving family will bring you home.

Rest in eternal peace.

Prayers to her friends and family. I am saddened that it took them this long to get answers but I am glad that they can finally bring her home.

Quote Originally Posted by teonspaleprincess View Post
    Prayers to her friends and family. I am saddened that it took them this long to get answers but I am glad that they can finally bring her home.
    From what I understand, the DNA was initially ordered in 1999 - they got the results in 2005. Not quite sure how that managed to fall through the cracks, but it did, and apparently they didn't notify family once the positive ID was made.

http://daily-journal.com/archives/dj....php?id=415642

Article from today's Kankakee paper.

Thank you for posting the article over here Jaded. I feel so badly for Kennetta and her family. My heart goes out to them.

This is awful, that LE knew, but nobody bothered to make sure the relatives were informed. According to the newspaper (follow the links), the funeral is Friday and there's a $2,600.00 bill that Kenetta can't pay. Maybe LE should contribute, considering they added to to her pain and suffering. Isn't there a lawsuit in here somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Verity View Post
    This is awful, that LE knew, but nobody bothered to make sure the relatives were informed. According to the newspaper (follow the links), the funeral is Friday and there's a $2,600.00 bill that Kenetta can't pay. Maybe LE should contribute, considering they added to to her pain and suffering. Isn't there a lawsuit in here somewhere?
    Victims of Crimes should be covering this expense, but they are him-hawing about the statute of limitations. IMO, the statute began when Kennetta was notified - NOT when LE got the report and did nothing to contact her family.

Correction!!

CORRECTION!!

I want to point out that I (RKnowley) made a boo boo when posting Mary Alice's information. I posted the wrong UID. The UID I listed is NOT Mary Alice. Sorry for the mistake!

This is a message received from Mary Alice's sister Kennetta.

I would like to make a correction, this person you have as posted as found in 2002 is not Mary Alice. This is a different person. My sister's remains was actually found in Sept 1999 in Pembroke township off Ramble road in Hopkins Park. Again, This is not my sister. This is another person missing/found remains ID. Thank you!

Kennetta
    When all esle fail, Keep the faith!
    Last edited by Earthbound Misfit I; 03-31-2008 at 05:47 PM.