NY NY - Sasha Davis, 30, Selah Davis, 3 months, & Jarib Bennett, 27, Bronx, 15 Feb 2008

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080229/NEWS01/802290343/1002/NEWS

29 Feb 08

Three New York City residents who drove to Rochester to visit friends have been reported missing, according to Rochester and New York City police. Sasha Davis and Jarib Bennett were traveling with 4-month-old Selah Davis, police said. They left New York on Feb. 15.

A week later, a missing persons' report was filed with the New York City police. On Wednesday, the trio's vehicle was found unoccupied in southwest Rochester, police said.

Sasha Davis is described as a black female, 5 feet 6 inches tall and 130 pounds. Jarib Bennett is described as a black male, 5 feet 11 inches tall and 230 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call 911 or Crime Stoppers at (585) 423-9300.

no pics at link

http://www.13wham.com/mostpopular/story.aspx?content_id=17097317-cfac-4fb5-bc24-e2505ce687e8

15 March 08

Police suspect foul play in the disappearance of a man, woman, and a 4-month-old baby.

Jarib Bennett, Sasha Davis, and Davis' infant daughter went missing while visiting Rochester last month.

Police recovered their abandoned vehicle in southwest Rochester.

Davis' aunt, Gwendolyn Hardy, canvassed the neighborhood on Saturday, handing out fliers and talking to residents. She said Davis would never have disappeared for long periods of time.

"Sasha shouldn't even have left the Bronx. I don't care what she was coming to do. She should have thought about her health. She just had a baby. She shouldn't have left,” Handy said.

The Rochester Police Department’s Major Crimes unit is investigating.

pics

Did they know where they were going, or was it their first time driving upstate to visit friends? Maybe they had gotten lost and encountered foul play?
An abandoned vehicle is never good.. was the car broken down, were there signs of a struggle, did it appear abandoned with wallets gone also, etc?

NYS Division of Criminal Justice Services - Still listed as missing

http://criminaljustice.state.ny.us/missing/pdf_flyers/12965.pdf

North American Missing Persons Network

http://www.nampn.org/cases/davis_sasha.html

NCMEC

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...caseNum=12965&orgPrefix=USNY&searchLang=en_US

USNY12965c1.jpg

USNY12965a1.jpg

USNY12965a2.jpg

SELAH DAVIS, Age Now: 3, Missing: 02/15/2008. Missing From BRONX, NY. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: New York City Police Department (New York) 1-212-694-7781.

More...

:bump:

I almost wonder if maybe Sasha's husband had a problem with her traveling with Jarib.

Selah Lee Davis (Bronx)

Date Missing: 02/15/2008

DOB: 10/20/2007
Sex: Female
HGT: 1'05"
WGT: 12 lbs.
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Race: Black

Info: Last seen Sasha Davis (pictured right). Selah, Sasha and a male companion were last seen leaving the Bronx en route to Rochester, NY on February 15, 2008. Their vehicle was found abandoned in Rochester and they have not been seen or heard from since.
Agency: NYCPD Missing Person Squad

326_sashaandselah.jpg

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/expo/erry-2018/05/4f21d550a87610/missing_children_teens_may_201.html

Jarib Bennett Charley Project profile - Jarib Bennett – The Charley Project

Sasha Davis - Charley Project profile - Sasha G. Davis – The Charley Project
Sasha mentioned in Charley's blog Sasha Davis – The Charley Project Blog
Their Porchlight profile with some old news articles - http://s13.zetaboards.com/PorchlightUSA/topic/1191295/1/

Jarib residing in New Jersey left behind 2 daughters and wife. Sasha left behind one more child (8 year old) and apparently boyfriend or husband (can't find confirmation anywhere). Jarib was allegedly friend of Sasha's family (and not her partner).

Sasha's family knew about her trip to Rochester but were unaware that Jarib was travelling with her. Sasha and Jarib were going to visit friends there (acquaintance from high school). Car they were travelling in which was later found abandoned was rented for this trip.

Baby Selah Lee Davis WS thread here - NY - Selah Lee Davis (3 months) - Bronx NY, 2008

Sasha Davis NamUs - Missing Person Case

older article - Bronx mother, daughter missing after day trip

Mar 17, 2008 - Ten thousand dollar reward for information on missing family - Ten thousand dollar reward for information on missing family

Nothing new in the article, but title has me puzzled, calling them family. So were they or weren't they family?

Jarib Bennett's NamUs page - Missing Person Case

They all left Bronx for Rochester on February 15, 2008 and were planning to return on February 19. On February 27, their rental vehicle was found abandoned Genesee Street in Southwest Rochester, near the area of Genesee Valley Park.

Mar 17, 2008 - Ten thousand dollar reward for information on missing family - Ten thousand dollar reward for information on missing family

Nothing new in the article, but title has me puzzled, calling them family. So were they or weren't they family?

Jarib Bennett's NamUs page - Missing Person Case

They all left Bronx for Rochester on February 15, 2008 and were planning to return on February 19. On February 27, their rental vehicle was found abandoned Genesee Street in Southwest Rochester, near the area of Genesee Valley Park.

My assumption has always been that they were partners (relationship but not marriage) and the child may or may not have been the child of Jarib Bennett. Until right this second I've never considered that she might be his sister and the child his niece, though.

Selah Lee Davis (Bronx)

Date Missing: 02/15/2008

DOB: 10/20/2007
Sex: Female
HGT: 1'05"
WGT: 12 lbs.
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Race: Black

Info: Last seen Sasha Davis (pictured right). Selah, Sasha and a male companion were last seen leaving the Bronx en route to Rochester, NY on February 15, 2008. Their vehicle was found abandoned in Rochester and they have not been seen or heard from since.

51 children are missing from Upstate NY right now: Have you seen them? (September)

9d1_sashaandselah.jpeg

Agency: NYCPD Missing Person Squad

Is this the Jarib Bennett that was missing??? Same DOB... I thought I read somewhere he "turned up alive" but the internet still has him missing...
.Obituary for Jarib Bennett - Englewood, NJ
Jarib Bennett – The Charley Project

The CP says he left behind a wife and 2 daughters and the obit says he leaves behind a wife, 2 daughters and a step daughter.
IF I wrong please tell me so I can erase this!

Is this the Jarib Bennett that was missing??? Same DOB... I thought I read somewhere he "turned up alive" but the internet still has him missing...
.Obituary for Jarib Bennett - Englewood, NJ
Jarib Bennett – The Charley Project

The CP says he left behind a wife and 2 daughters and the obit says he leaves behind a wife, 2 daughters and a step daughter.
IF I wrong please tell me so I can erase this!
I was wondering if you had an update on this? I’m intrigued and wondering if that’s the same guy and if so, why is he still listed as missing... ty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back