Jeff Healey Dead of Cancer 41

:( I always loved his song "Angel Eyes"......this is so sad.

Wow, this is incredibly sad. Jeff Healey was a jazz icon and very well known in Toronto. He leaves behind his wife and two little girls. Here is a link to his website where he had made several entries, the last in January, about his ongoing treatment:

http://www.jeffhealey.com/home.htm

My husband and I went and saw him the day we got married--:(:(
love his music

That was one of my favorite songs my freshman year in college. So sad that he was so young and left a beautiful family. RIP.

Loved the way he played, the way he sang.
RIP Jeff.

This news is so sad. I wasn't aware that he had been battling cancer, again. I know that life isn't fair, but it just seems so cruel that he had to battle cancer when he was just an infant, and then later in life as an adult. Jeff made incredible music and was an amazing person. He performed many times in a nearby town, here in Ontario; it's a shame I was never able to make it to the shows. My condolences go out to his family and those who loved him.

In my Canadian city, there is a venue downtown called "Jeff Healey's Roadhouse. It was owned by Jeff.

I am sure that they will have a memorial evening at some point.

A great loss of a man who defied all odds to become an international performing and recording artist. Canada and the world will miss him terribly.

Rest In Peace, Jeff, may the guitar gently weep........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back