VT VT - Michael Dumont, 53, South Burlington, 21 Nov 2004

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.wptz.com/news/15476699/detail.html

3 March 08

South Burlington police have reopened a missing person case.

Michael Dumont, 53, was with his family on Nov. 21, 2004, when he received a telephone call and told his family he had to leave and meet someone.

He never came home that night and has not been heard from since.

Dumont is described as a white male, about 5 feet 9 inches tall with blue eyes and reddish-brown hair.

Relatives are offering a reward up to $10,000 for information leading to Dumont's whereabouts.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers at 1-800-427-TIPS or the South Burlington Police Department at (802) 846-4111.

pic
15477042_240X180.jpg

DS, thanks for the links.

I sure hope this brings good news and a safe return.

Very mysterious....

Good evening dear DS,

So much tragedy in Vermont.....please keep those criminals locked up!!

I am glad this case is reopened and hopefully your friend and all loved ones can get some answers soon.

:blowkiss: cheers, petra

My very dearest Petra,:blowkiss:

I retired from Corrections almost a year ago. It was a very stressful job.

I am thankful for your posts Petra and I will keep you updated.

So much Love and Respect for you,
dark_shadows

Dear Petra,
Here is the article from the burlington free press.

Missing-man case reopened

Published: Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Free Press Staff Report

South Burlington police have reopened a 3 1/2-year-old case of a missing man, and the family of the man has offered a reward for information about his whereabouts.

Michael R. Dumont was last seen on the evening of Nov. 21, 2004, when he was visiting a friend's house in South Burlington in the company of his immediate family, police said. Dumont received a phone call and told his family he had to leave to meet someone. He left, did not return home that night, and has not been heard from since.
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080304/NEWS02/803040310/1007&theme=

What I'm confused about is why his case was "reopened." Was the case ever closed? And why?

Hoppy

A lot of times by reopened they mean reactivated. Meaning the case sat idle for awhile, no one really investigating, and now for whatever reason they're going to give it another go.

A lot of times by reopened they mean reactivated. Meaning the case sat idle for awhile, no one really investigating, and now for whatever reason they're going to give it another go.

I see. Thanks!

Hoppy

Michael Dumont
dumont_michael.jpg
dumont_michael2.jpg
dumont_michael3.jpg
dumont_michael4.jpg

Above Images: Dumont, circa 2004
bar.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: November 21, 2004 from South Burlington, Vermont
Classification: Missing
Height and Weight: 5'9, 185 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Graying reddish-brown hair, blue eyes.
bar.jpg

Details of Disappearance
Dumont was last seen in the company of his family in South Burlington, Vermont on the evening of November 21, 2004. He received a phone call and left afterwards, telling his family he had to go meet somone. Dumont never returned and has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.
bar.jpg

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
South Burlington Police Department
802-846-4111

Bumping for Michael.

• michael_robert_dumont_1.jpg
  • michael_robert_dumont_2.jpg
  • michael_robert_dumont_3.jpg
  • michael_robert_dumont_4.jpg
Dumont, circa 2004
  • Missing Since 11/21/2004
  • Missing From South Burlington, Vermont
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Age 50 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'9, 185 pounds

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Graying brown hair, blue eyes. Dumont's nicknames are Puck, Puckie and Bucky.

Details of Disappearance​

Dumont was last seen in the company of his family in South Burlington, Vermont on the evening of November 21, 2004. He received a phone call and left afterwards, telling his family he had to go meet somone. He never returned and has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.

Investigating Agency​

• South Burlington Police Department 802-846-4111

Source Information​

Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 30, 2016; middle name added, distinguishing characteristics updated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back