Sharper Image not honoring Gift Cards

I hate Sharper Image!!!!!!! I can't believe that they can get away with this. At Christmas time I was in there and they had a promotion that if you opened a Sharper Image account you would recieve a percentage off your initial purchase. Since what I was getting was quite expensive I decided to do this and pay off the balance immediately. Let me tell you they made it virtually impossible to pay the thing off. Couldn't pay on line using a debit card, could never get anyone at customer service to answer the phone.(I literally tried for hours and hours I just let the phone ring on speaker) When I finally got a hold of them they would only take payment using a check, routing# ect. I just decided to go in to the store and pay it off and I closed the account. P----d me off to say the least. They can go belly up for all I care. Lousey customer service will do that to you.

That's rotten. It's like free money for them! I don't care if they are bankrupt, that money should be in a separate type of account that wasn't touched by whatever made them go bankrupt. Grrrr....

Sharper Image use to be such a great store a few years ago....not so much anymore.

This is no different than stealing. I hope the shop lifters go crazy in that store now.

This is becoming more common. Stores are including these gift cards as debts, and not honoring them. The Great Indoors did this a few years ago when they filed for BK and eventually went out of business but after so much flack, they allowed the gift cards.

The Sharper Image should realize this will not help their image right? I do not see them ever recovering if they are going to rip off their customers. Remind me NEVER to shop there. Wait I don't anyways.

Jeez ... I didn't realize reports indicate that the gift cards outstanding could be worth around $25 MILLION.

Good for Brookstone! I am not usually so happy about vulture-esque tactics, but Sharper Image had it coming!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back