Oil Jumps To New Record - $103.77

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.wmctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7956194

NEW YORK (AP) - Oil prices surged to a new record high Monday as the dollar weakened to another low against the euro.
Light, sweet crude for April delivery rose $1.93 to $103.77 on the New York Mercantile Exchange after earlier rising as high as $103.95. That's higher than the price of $103.76 that many analysts believe oil hit in 1980, when adjusted for inflation into 2008 dollars.
(more if you can handle it at the link)

Here in Nashville the big news is Gas is gonna be $4.00 a gallon soon.
Ugh! We are about to drive down to Guadalajara Mexico (next Wed. so please pray for me and my family!) and I am so afraid of what the gas prices are gonna be.

This price gouging is ridiculous. The thing that stings even more is the fact that these oil companies are posting record profits every year now, which indicates to me that the price they are charging consumers is disproportional to the amount the oil is costing them.

Enough is enough. When are consumers or the government going to fight back?

This price gouging is ridiculous. The thing that stings even more is the fact that these oil companies are posting record profits every year now, which indicates to me that the price they are charging consumers is disproportional to the amount the oil is costing them.

Enough is enough. When are consumers or the government going to fight back?
when they get done worrying about baseball players doping---:mad:
sorry this is just a huge problem to me- we have people who cant afford to drive to work- oil company's posting billions and billions of dollars worth of profit- yet our gov is worried about baseball players taking steroids-

Our gas is 3.09 in Mississippi. it is absurd. i filled up yesterday and cursed the whole time! It got so bad I just said screw it and put in 15 dollars, i got a whole 3.5 gallons I think!good thing my kids were not with me!
I remember in high school I used to be able to fill up, get some cigarettes or a drink and snack all for 10 dollars! This was just 10-12 years ago!

when they get done worrying about baseball players doping---:mad:
sorry this is just a huge problem to me- we have people who cant afford to drive to work- oil company's posting billions and billions of dollars worth of profit- yet our gov is worried about baseball players taking steroids-
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Amen to that!

Well, the poor people always get screwed. The folks sitting up there in congress aren't worried about oil prices. Just the everyday working folks are and we're paying their salaries to boot. I'm sick of these gas prices, but really what can you do? We have to drive our cars to work. I know I don't go as much as I used to because gas is just too high! :(

Our gas is 3.09 in Mississippi. it is absurd. i filled up yesterday and cursed the whole time! It got so bad I just said screw it and put in 15 dollars, i got a whole 3.5 gallons I think!good thing my kids were not with me!
I remember in high school I used to be able to fill up, get some cigarettes or a drink and snack all for 10 dollars! This was just 10-12 years ago!

Was 3.44 up here in Buffalo, NY, luckily I live 2 miles from my office.

Well, the poor people always get screwed. The folks sitting up there in congress aren't worried about oil prices. Just the everyday working folks are and we're paying their salaries to boot. I'm sick of these gas prices, but really what can you do? We have to drive our cars to work. I know I don't go as much as I used to because gas is just too high! :(

Well, for one thing, more telecommuting jobs should be offered to those in an industry where computers are involved.

I think this should be moved to "crimes in the news" lol.

Here in Nashville the big news is Gas is gonna be $4.00 a gallon soon.
Ugh! We are about to drive down to Guadalajara Mexico (next Wed. so please pray for me and my family!) and I am so afraid of what the gas prices are gonna be.
CRAP. i am going to nashville next month for the NAPNAP conference and i am driving. UGH! gas is 2.99 here, i should not complain.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back