GUILTY LA - Diana Nelson, 6 wks, drugged, beaten to death, Bogalusa, 3 March 2008

BhamMama

Former Member
Reaction score
I heard this on my way to the doctors office this am. It's the only story I could find. I'll keep looking and watching the news for updates.

EMTs rushed 6-week-old Diane Nelson to the hospital when police received a 911 call around 1:30 a.m. Monday from a babysitter who said the baby wasn’t breathing.

The news this am said the mother was not at home at the time.

http://www.wdsu.com/news/15484723/detail.html

G-d bless that little one.

Reactions: d4j
How on earth could anyone get ANY satisfaction from beating a newborn?

I wish the perp a long, slow, painful and public death. I am not usually for the DP and often wonder how the executioner can carry it out. After hearing this story? Give me a rusty knife!

This story just made me shake my fists. I would like to be left alone for just 30 seconds with whoever did that to that baby. The DP is too good for them. :behindbar

God Bless that beautiful little one.

WHY would someone give Xanax or similar to a BABY????

The beating is bad enough.

Up to 5 people may have done this!!!!!!!! Omg how disgusting.

I heard it on WWL news at noon. They said they took the other baby out of the home pending an investegation. The mother and grandmother are suspected along with 3 others. I thought they said 6 month old, which is still bad but 6 weeks old is even worse. We live pretty close to Bogalusa, just across the state line.
If this baby survives I am sure there will be lasting damage from this. It is a travesty what was done to her.

My new daughter is just four weeks old. She pretty much gets held and loved 24/7 by my husband, myself, and my two older daughters, but even when the baby is crying I can't imagine sinking so low as to strike her or drug her. Babies that age are so small and helpless -- you just want to hold them and love them and cherish them. Who are these people who can do this to an innocent infant??

I have noticed that since my daughter's birth, these stories are harder and harder to read. Mostly, I skip over them. I wish I'd skipped this one.

My new daughter is just four weeks old. She pretty much gets held and loved 24/7 by my husband, myself, and my two older daughters, but even when the baby is crying I can't imagine sinking so low as to strike her or drug her. Babies that age are so small and helpless -- you just want to hold them and love them and cherish them. Who are these people who can do this to an innocent infant??

I have noticed that since my daughter's birth, these stories are harder and harder to read. Mostly, I skip over them. I wish I'd skipped this one.
Congratulations on the new baby. Yep, once you are a parent of a helpless baby these stories are harder to see. I bet this baby was never held and loved.

I hope they have to sit in a jail cell the rest of their lives to think about what they did to this poor baby.

Major congrats to you. Please don't read here for a while...just enjoy your new bundle of joy.....stay around for the nicer threads :blowkiss:

Major congrats to you. Please don't read here for a while...just enjoy your new bundle of joy.....stay around for the nicer threads :blowkiss:

I agree. Sometimes just loving is better for mental health. And, that of your children. Not that anyone will forget this but for a new parent the focus should be on betterment. Lots of times this kind of news is hard to take even for the veteran posters.

We will never stop evil but we can recognize it. We can also extinguish it by not letting it affect our own families.

http://www.wdsu.com/news/15484723/detail.html

Something is VERY fishy here. She spent the day with the granddad. Didn't he think these burns and bruises on a 6 week old baby odd. Babies of that age don't get bruises accidentally as say a 6-7 month old would. They are immoblie essentaly.
So she then goes to her uncle's house, who although he seemed like a moron in the video at the link surely between him and his fiancee someone HAD to notice some sort of injury or the fact that this baby wasn't acting right. I am not sure off the effects of Xanax on a baby but I would think she would have been lethargic and with no appetite. But what do I know my kids haven't taken xanax.
Something is not right here, someone is covering for someone else of the whole family was using this baby as a whipping horse.

The 10:00 news said the burns look like they came from a curling iron. No new story posted on this little girl that I have seen.

Six weeks old and the baby was with grandpop and then an Uncle and his fiance. Who else had access to this little doll? Nobody notices burns on a baby? They didn't change this baby? Pale face and blue lips. Unfreakinbelievable.

Six weeks old and the baby was with grandpop and then an Uncle and his fiance. Who else had access to this little doll? Nobody notices burns on a baby? They didn't change this baby? Pale face and blue lips. Unfreakinbelievable.
Yep, it reeks to me. too They also said on the news tonight that the arrests are coming soon pending a full invesegation. i took that to mean they are looking at everyone and they are concerned about everyone who came in contact with this sweet baby. That baby who likely will never have a birthday.

Yep, it reeks to me. too They also said on the news tonight that the arrests are coming soon pending a full invesegation. i took that to mean they are looking at everyone and they are concerned about everyone who came in contact with this sweet baby. That baby who likely will never have a birthday.

Oh no. She's that bad, 2Sisters? Poor, poor little one. Well sounds like LE is on it. Still why'd it have to happen at all?

Oh no. She's that bad, 2Sisters? Poor, poor little one. Well sounds like LE is on it. Still why'd it have to happen at all?
They had mentioned that if she dies ( I figure if they mentioned that it must be bad) ther will be murder charges, she is on life suppport and fighting for life and scheduled for bran scans.
I will look for more stories on her later in the day. This just disturbs me b/c it is so close to home. My DH used to work in that town and we frequently go there for dinner, and my Aunt lives there

Congrats on your new bundle of joy! This stoy is sickening. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back