IN - Susan Hendricks, 30, & 3 kids brutally murdered, Bloomington, 7 Nov 1983

imthemom

Reaction score
http://www.week.com/news/local/16215102.html

The sister of a Bloomington women murdered almost 25 years ago wants police to re-open the case.

Sitting in front of reporters and Bloomington Police who showed up to listen, Marth Neils blamed her ex-husband, John Lewis, for the murder of her sister Susan Hendricks and Hendricks' three children. Susan's husband David was originally convicted of the 1983 massacre, but in a second trial was acquitted. Neils says she never quit gathering information.
"I have come to the conclusion that David Hendricks hired my then husband John Lewis to murder his family."

I hope that they seriously look into this. If the husband was involved he cannot be tried now for it because it would be double jepordy. He was already acquitted. He could walk in and confess and they could do nothing about it.

Wow.. I hope they take it seriously too... This poor family deserves some justice!

What if her ex did the murders, but was hired by David Hendricks . Could he be charged with solicitation?

This case was actually in bloomington Illinois. It happened before I was born but it rocked my community. It is still discussed today and whether or not David Hendricks killed his family. The community pretty much believes he did. I worked with a woman who told me she had a relative who worked the case. She said the mother had been killed with a sheet over her face. My question is : why? Unless the murderer couldn't bear to see her face. Which makes me believe the murderer was some one close to her. It has also been discussed in the community that the male child got it so much worse than the rest of the family. The rumour in the community is that the killer woke him up. It is also known the Hendricks belonged to a church that was 100% against divorce. The rumour in the community is that Hendricks killed his family to get out of that marriage. I also know someone who knew the Hendricks family and she said David always creeped her out. She said he always had a cold, calculating look in his eyes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back