758 users online (97 members and 661 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    3,181

    FL - Kevin Jackson, 47, shot to death, Glen St Mary, 3 March 2008

    http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/s...storyid=103812
    The 911 tape also sheds light on what happened the morning one young girl lost both her parents.

    Dispatch: "Is your mom still out there?"
    Daughter: "Yes she is screaming at my dad to wake up, I don't want my daddy to die."

    The call includes one last plea from a girl wishing it was all a horrific dream.

    Daughter: "I'm so scared. Oh God he's dead. I want to go by my Daddy."

    Deputies found Kevin Jackson's lunch and coffee at the scene. It's consistent with what investigators believe happened as he left for work in Jacksonville.

    His co-workers thought of him as a dependable worker.

    Investigators say Meloney Jackson killed her husband with a gun borrowed from a neighbor.

    Authorities say the murder was so premeditated, Meloney handcuffed herself, put a gag around her own mouth, and claimed her husband did it to her.

    Investigators say the evidence they've recovered shows she's lying.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    3,181
    However, a gun dealer said Jackson was pleading a self-defense case to him last week when she tried urgently to buy a gun from his shop.

    Bill Krall, owner of Hole In The Wall Antiques Guns and Ammo, said Jackson came into his store last Thursday to buy a gun.

    "She was telling me how her husband had threatened her and they were going to court on Tuesday, and she needed a gun right now," Krall said.

    He said he knew something was not right and went directly to the sheriff's office when the woman left his store.

    Channel 4's John Dunlap was told that the Jacksons were in the process of getting a divorce. It was to be finalized at a hearing set for Tuesday.
    http://www.news4jax.com/news/15472260/detail.html

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    3,181
    Authorities say Jackson has given them contradicting statements. When police arrived at the home on Monday, they say Jackson was wearing fake handcuffs and told officers that there had been a violent struggle. However, the couple’s daughter who was in the home at the time told police she hadn't heard any noise.

    Jackson allegedly told police that her husband had shot himself, though the man had been shot seven times. Jackson also allegedly told police that her husband had sexually assaulted her and was masturbating while looking at their daughter's underwear. But police say there is no evidence of this.

    According to authorities, the gun that was used was from a neighbor, and the bullets had been purchased from Wal-Mart.


    Tuesday morning, police released the 911 call which was made by the couple’s 13-year-old daughter. According to authorities, the girl made the chilling call after waking up, finding her father dead and her mother hovering over his body.




    911 Call Transcript

    • Dispatcher: 911, what is your emergency?
    • Daughter: My dad, I don't know what's wrong with him. I just woke up and he's dead shot and now he's in the yard and my mom is crying.
    • Dispatcher: Where did you say your dad is?
    • Daughter: He's still on the ground
    • Dispatcher: He’s on the ground. Where is your mother? She's where?
    • Daughter: She's huddled over him.
    • Dispatcher: She's in her room?
    • Daughter: No, she's huddled over him.
    • Dispatcher: Over him.
    • Daughter: And she's touching his chest.


    Friends of the couple say Meloney Jackson was upset about their divorce, and the fact that their daughter wanted to live with her father and not her. The couple was reportedly going to finalize their divorce on Tuesday.
    http://www.cbs47.com/content/topstor...DCF2A&gsa=true

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,802
    sounds like she will be doing a Mary Winkler defence,

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by joe jones View Post
    sounds like she will be doing a Mary Winkler defence,
    It won't work for her unless he was a Church of Christ minister. Seems people hate those kind.

    She better be digging out her high heeled shoes and wig to make it believable!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,802
    Quote Originally Posted by NoKoolaidKid View Post
    It won't work for her unless he was a Church of Christ minister. Seems people hate those kind.

    She better be digging out her high heeled shoes and wig to make it believable!

    she's going further than Mary, she's going down the route of not only was he a wife batterer but he had sexual interests in his daughter,

    she alleges he was masturbating on his daughters underwear prior to the murder,

    seems odd that she now makes all these allegations when it was he the daughter chose to live with, and it was he who would have custody of her,

    if he did abuse her then she was out of the relationship, she had no need to ever have contact with him again,

    we shall see, but one thing I am certain of is that whatever happened in the marriage this will be a trash the victim defence at least

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,299
    Oh, that's so, so sad.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
    Oh, that's so, so sad.
    What is sad, in my opinion, is when murderers trash their victims during trials trying to save their own skins.

    The poor families have to sit and listen to a defense case based upon the person they just lost deserving his/her fate. As if the victim's family isn't already hurting enough.

    It is bad enough to take another person's life without also destroying their name and reputation.

    IMO

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    mountains
    Posts
    1,475
    I feel so terrible for the little girl, listening to her phone call to 911 was heartbreaking.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,306
    How heartbreaking for the daughter!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    21,917
    Quote Originally Posted by sherri79 View Post
    Authorities say Jackson has given them contradicting statements. When police arrived at the home on Monday, they say Jackson was wearing fake handcuffs and told officers that there had been a violent struggle. However, the couple’s daughter who was in the home at the time told police she hadn't heard any noise.

    Jackson allegedly told police that her husband had shot himself, though the man had been shot seven times. Jackson also allegedly told police that her husband had sexually assaulted her and was masturbating while looking at their daughter's underwear. But police say there is no evidence of this.

    According to authorities, the gun that was used was from a neighbor, and the bullets had been purchased from Wal-Mart.


    Tuesday morning, police released the 911 call which was made by the couple’s 13-year-old daughter. According to authorities, the girl made the chilling call after waking up, finding her father dead and her mother hovering over his body.




    911 Call Transcript

    • Dispatcher: 911, what is your emergency?
    • Daughter: My dad, I don't know what's wrong with him. I just woke up and he's dead shot and now he's in the yard and my mom is crying.
    • Dispatcher: Where did you say your dad is?
    • Daughter: He's still on the ground
    • Dispatcher: He’s on the ground. Where is your mother? She's where?
    • Daughter: She's huddled over him.
    • Dispatcher: She's in her room?
    • Daughter: No, she's huddled over him.
    • Dispatcher: Over him.
    • Daughter: And she's touching his chest.


    Friends of the couple say Meloney Jackson was upset about their divorce, and the fact that their daughter wanted to live with her father and not her. The couple was reportedly going to finalize their divorce on Tuesday.
    http://www.cbs47.com/content/topstor...DCF2A&gsa=true
    My husband goes to Kevin's place of work twice week. Everyone there is devastated by his tragic death and not only that but the way his wife is trying to victimize him all over again.

    His kids know the truth and are so traumatized by losing their father and knowing their own mother did it. Meloney just did not want this divorce and she was going to make sure he never made it to Divorce Day. He died still legally connected to her.

    He began to tell his coworkers about a year ago that his wife had began to act odd with bouts of uncontrollable rage and even paranoia. Dreaming up the most ridiculous things.

    She did nothing but plot out this murder in a cold premeditated fashion and LE isn't buying any of it.

    Who knows maybe she saw the Winkler case and felt she could work the system by the "abuse excuse" without having to back any of it up with evidence but she forgot she doesn't live in TN but in FL where they have no sympathy for cold blooded murderers who calculate and plan out their crimes........be it male or female.

    Autumn was 13 and wanted to live with her father not her mother and the son who is almost 20 is very close to his father also.

    His coworkers worried about his safety and told him to be careful. Kevin always said "she wouldn't do that to the children." It is obvious she did not care about her children and he was wrong.......dead wrong.

    imoo

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    21,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolynna View Post
    What is sad, in my opinion, is when murderers trash their victims during trials trying to save their own skins.

    The poor families have to sit and listen to a defense case based upon the person they just lost deserving his/her fate. As if the victim's family isn't already hurting enough.

    It is bad enough to take another person's life without also destroying their name and reputation.

    IMO
    Absolutely. They are very angry with their mom......they don't understand why she is lying like this. They don't know she is trying to save her own sorry azz. When they realize that they will be madder than ever.

    It is just so unfair for them to carry this many emotions at the time they have lost their father.

    imoo

  13. #13
    I've got Meloney Jackson's myspace page, pictures of her and links to her music on:

    http://www.badgirlscrimeblog.com/

    Her "Picture Perfect Family" song, in my opinion, shows where her mind was going. I think she wanted that perfection so bad, if she couldn't have what she wanted, she didn't want those that wouldn't help her get there succeed.

    I don't think she wanted the divorce to go through and her husband and kids to be happy together...without her.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,766
    http://www.badgirlscrimeblog.com/

    On February 28, Meloney tried really, really hard to buy a gun. She told the gundealer she was afraid of her husband and needed a gun then and there.
    “Right now!” said Meloney.
    He should have never sold her that gun.
    Isn't there some unspoken rule about selling a gun to a visibly upset person???

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    http://www.badgirlscrimeblog.com/



    He should have never sold her that gun.
    Isn't there some unspoken rule about selling a gun to a visibly upset person???
    The gundealer didn't sell it to her. And after Meloney Jackson left his store he went to the sheriff's office and told them his concerns. I think the sheriff's office should have sent someone out to talk to her.

    But, as far as I know, they didn't.

    Meloney borrowed the gun from her neighbor. Just like a cup of sugar.

    I think she probably said she was afraid of her abusive husband and needed protection until after the divorce was final.

    Hearing Meloney Jackson sing and reading her myspace, she doesn't seem dangerous. To the neighbor she probably seemed like a helpless female who was scared, but normal.

    I am having a hard time reconciling the woman with the beautiful voice who sings about praying her daughter will have her perfect family to the Meloney who is a premeditating killer.

    It sounds like she used the daughter. I think her asking the daughter to "show daddy the perfect family picture" is not just from the song and that she had the daughter do it in real life.

    I think the vulnerability and voice were a perfect mask for the manipulative, tempermental woman to hide behind.

    IMO

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY NY - Tiffany Jackson, 33, beaten to death, Buffalo, 1 March 2008
    By Helper in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-11-2016, 11:31 PM
  2. FL - Kevin Kitchens, 27, shot to death, Killearn Acres, 20 July 2008
    By GlitchWizard in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-12-2015, 02:21 AM
  3. GUILTY FL - Tyler Rodgers, 22 mos, shot to death, Ocoee, 9 March 2008
    By joe jones in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-06-2015, 06:32 PM
  4. GUILTY FL - Sgt. Kevin Kight, 34, shot to death, Panama City Beach, 27 March 2005
    By mysteriew in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-04-2015, 02:22 PM
  5. MO - Patsy Long, 34, shot to death, Sedalia, 22 March 2008
    By believe09 in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 11:09 PM

Tags for this Thread