National Enquirer News

This is really tragic. Very sad. Still, I suppose Patsy has had 10 years since her first diagnosis and they didn't think she would have that. She has lived to see her grandchildren.

She has an amazing strength.

This story stinks of tabloid B.S.
Off hand, it looks like Patsy probably takes periodic chemo maintenance treatments and the NE saw an oportunity to blow it up into a big gloom and doom story.

I guess we'll have to wait for an official comment, probably from Limp Wood.

Shylock said:
This story stinks of tabloid B.S.
Off hand, it looks like Patsy probably takes periodic chemo maintenance treatments and the NE saw an oportunity to blow it up into a big gloom and doom story.

I guess we'll have to wait for an official comment, probably from Limp Wood.

Oh this is very sad indeed. I'm sure it's true. Ovarian cancer is very deadly.
Most women are dead in about 19 months. My mother - who was diagnosed with advanced stage 4 ovarian cancer (and was told she was "dying") lived
another 6 1/2 years! The doctors were amazed. But it is a relentless cancer and just as Patsy has experienced - you can be declared cancer-free for a time and then it comes right back. And spreads.
My heart goes out to her and to her family. Especially Burke. My son is the same age as Burke and it would be awful for him if I were to have terminal cancer.

I can relate to Patsy's comment about not being afraid to die as she knows she'll be in heaven - this is how my mother felt too. She had the peace of God that was beyond understanding. ~

K777ANGEL - go to PARKING LOT, there's a post as to how you chose your log in name, I would love to hear why.

Sorry to hear about your mom. My mom had stage 4 brain cancer, given 6 months, survived more than 3 years. She was determined to see her last child graduate and SHE DID. She passed on 6 weeks later. I TOO can relate to Patsy not being afraid to die. My mom was too as yours K777ANGEL. God Bless you and your family. Thanks for the post and sharing.

I think so often of Jon Benet. She would be the same age as my oldest. Hard to imagine my daughter now 13 soon to be 14. Little JB, God rest her soul.

Jayelles said:
This is really tragic. Very sad. Still, I suppose Patsy has had 10 years since her first diagnosis and they didn't think she would have that. She has lived to see her grandchildren.

She has an amazing strength.

Puke. She killed her kid.

I hope she lives long enough to spout more God garbage.

May she linger.

BrotherMoon, none of us knows if Patsy had a role in her daughter's death; we can only make assumptions based upon our views of the evidence, non-evidence, and our personal experiences which color our views. Like Jayelles, I prefer to give most the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

I am truly sad for Patsy. Every mom wants to live to see her children grown, and her grandchildren.

IMO

BrotherMoon said:
I hope she lives long enough to spout more God garbage.
May she linger.

Pleeeeezzz BrotherMoon! The last thing we need to hear is Patsy spewing more of her faux-Christianity.

K777Angel, Let's get the story confirmed before you start shedding tears for ol' Pats. I understand this story appeared in the National Enquirer right next to "Space Aliens Stole My SUV" - so you have your choice of which story has a greater ring of truth to it...LOL

Shylock said:
Pleeeeezzz BrotherMoon! The last thing we need to hear is Patsy spewing more of her faux-Christianity.

Wrong. This is exactly what we need if "we" are BORG. I think Patsy's creatvie imagination is expressed through art, literature and religion. The same creative imagination is responsible for the death of her daughter and Patsy can't keep from letting things leak through. I would like to hear more from her not less.

I am sorry--my step-father died from cancer in less than a year. It was a horrible experience, an emotional rollacoaster. I feel sorry for anyone experiencing this disease. Whether they be in prison, a school teacher or someone who has been accused of killing her daughter. It is a horrible disease, I wouldn't want anyone to have to go through that pain and knowing you are going to die just makes it worse. It's also awful on the fmaily, watching their loved one suffer, and there is nothing that you can do about it.

Nehemiah said:
BrotherMoon, none of us knows if Patsy had a role in her daughter's death; we can only make assumptions based upon our views of the evidence, non-evidence, and our personal experiences which color our views. Like Jayelles, I prefer to give most the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. IMO

Wrong. I know.

Proof is not proof until it is accepted.

Knowledge is a personal acquisition.

People can believe together in groups but can know only individually. This is why the Catholic Church succeeded and the Gnostic Churches failed.

I make conclusions, not assumptions. I am trained in science.

It is a slippery slope from giving people the benefit of doubt to giving them the benefit of naivete to giving them the benefit of ignorance to dancing with The Devil.

From my study of human nature I give myself the benefit of suspicion before I give people the benefit of doubt.

I worship The Dark before I worship The Light as Light comes from The Dark Source. I worship The Serpent before it is lifted up.

Discerning Good from Evil requires knowledge of Evil. Knowledge requires experience. I seek experience of both my sides, Dark and Light. This philosophy is anathema to some, and they sometimes fall prey to their darkness. Patsy Paugh is one example.

Thousands of people die on a daily basis from Cancer and cancer related illnesses.

My dearest friend of 29 years is currently dying from cancer and there is not a damn thing anyone can do about it, short of the medical treatments of chemo and radiation which she gets regularly.

As far as Patsy, this is just getting a little stale. Patsy's cancer keeps getting reported as gone away/come back, gone away/come back. All that really means is that it never left in the first place. She was continually getting chemo treatments and sometimes, it just prolongs the inevitable, as is the case with my friend.

It is not my intention to minimize what Patsy is going through, but I feel the need to say that she is no different than thousands of others all around the world going through the same ordeal.

As far as "why" the tabs are reporting it: Two reasons:

1. Information about the Ramseys is part of their settlement

2. John is considering a run for public office and this makes for good headlines

Again, it is not my intention to minimize what Cancer can do, but I don't think this is any revelation and the headlines about her cancer always seem to coincide with significant events surrounding the Ramseys, whether it be court dates, depositions, etc. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

And as for her statements that she wants to help John in his campaign despite this once again devastating news...............

WOULDN'T ONE THINK THAT IF HIS WIFE WAS TRULY DYING OF CANCER AND AFTER 7 YEARS OF BEING UNEMPLOYED, HE WOULD HOLD OFF ON DOING THIS SO THAT HE CAN SPEND THE REST OF HER LIFE CARING FOR HER AND THEIR ONLY SON? :banghead:

Sorry folks, but my meter flies off the gauge every time these "headlines" come out

little1 said:
I am sorry--my step-father died from cancer in less than a year. It was a horrible experience, an emotional rollacoaster. I feel sorry for anyone experiencing this disease. Whether they be in prison, a school teacher or someone who has been accused of killing her daughter. It is a horrible disease, I wouldn't want anyone to have to go through that pain and knowing you are going to die just makes it worse. It's also awful on the fmaily, watching their loved one suffer, and there is nothing that you can do about it.

I think there would be overwhelming sympathy for Patsy if she had ever actually been shown to suffer. But the historical record, even up to last week, shows that Patsy herself will never willingly admit she suffers and is in pain. All we have heard of her cancer experiences from friends, family and acquaintances is that, while she is on her sickbed or recovering from chemotherapy, she buys flowers for others, travels across the country and dances in her driveway while her husband (who is supposed to stay by her side not only in health but in sickness) spends most of his time on his own priorities of running a business which did not vitally need him at the time and pursuing a political office for which he is not uniquely qualified.

Personally, I find it difficult to feel pity for a woman who turns her back on the most qualified people to treat her (the doctors of NIH) in favor of taking treatments in a town whose inhabitants are more noted for their meringue pies than their oncology expertise.

why_nutt said:
I think there would be overwhelming sympathy for Patsy if she had ever actually been shown to suffer. But the historical record, even up to last week, shows that Patsy herself will never willingly admit she suffers and is in pain. All we have heard of her cancer experiences from friends, family and acquaintances is that, while she is on her sickbed or recovering from chemotherapy, she buys flowers for others, travels across the country and dances in her driveway while her husband (who is supposed to stay by her side not only in health but in sickness) spends most of his time on his own priorities of running a business which did not vitally need him at the time and pursuing a political office for which he is not uniquely qualified.

Personally, I find it difficult to feel pity for a woman who turns her back on the most qualified people to treat her (the doctors of NIH) in favor of taking treatments in a town whose inhabitants are more noted for their meringue pies than their oncology expertise.
What is it you'd like her to do? Throw-up in the town square?

Going on the assumption the NE hasn't blown up a routine treatment into a headline I think her being treated in CHX might suggest she has to some degree thrown in the towel or that the treatment is so routine that any doctor/technician can handle it. It's not like a diagnosis needs to be made.

If it was me, I'd have been using the return of my cancer to my advantage in getting help solving this supposed 'unsolved' crime. You could get alot of sympathy help from people willing to help a mother find the killer of her baby before she leaves this world.

I would be begging for help in bringing to Justice the murderer of my child before I died.
I would have been issueing statements asking for investigative help.... begging the governor for a new investigation, things like that.
I would be driven to know who did this and see them behind bars before the cancer got me.

Instead they've spent the last bout of cancer sueing people, and this one getting John elected, how F ed up is that?

Barbara said:
WOULDN'T ONE THINK THAT IF HIS WIFE WAS TRULY DYING OF CANCER AND AFTER 7 YEARS OF BEING UNEMPLOYED, HE WOULD HOLD OFF ON DOING THIS SO THAT HE CAN SPEND THE REST OF HER LIFE CARING FOR HER AND THEIR ONLY SON? :banghead:
My thoughts exactly.

why_nutt said:
Personally, I find it difficult to feel pity for a woman who turns her back on the most qualified people to treat her (the doctors of NIH)...
It makes me question the truth of the information. IMO Patsy will do whatever it takes to survive and if she claims to be sacrificing the best treatment in order to play political wannabe wife, it sounds like BS.

OTOH this is Patsy Ramsey. It could very well be that her priorities are that skewed. The dream of being First Lady of Something/Anything is probably right up there with Miss America. Perhaps she doesn't want to miss out on any of that even if it kills her.

Or... the whole thing could be nothing more than the Ramseys playing a Sympathy Card: Vote for John Ramsey, and quit saying all those mean things about him. His wife is dying, for chrissake. IMO that's right up JR's alley, the .

The person I feel sympathy for is Burke Ramsey. That poor kid has suffered from day one thanks to his psycho parents, and now a possibly dying mom, and faces a lifetime of being unfairly suspected of molesting and killing his sister. Like JonBenet, he never had a chance at a normal life.

BrotherMoon said:
Discerning Good from Evil requires knowledge of Evil. Knowledge requires experience.
I completely agree.

tipper said:
Going on the assumption the NE hasn't blown up a routine treatment into a headline I think her being treated in CHX might suggest she has to some degree thrown in the towel or that the treatment is so routine that any doctor/technician can handle it. It's not like a diagnosis needs to be made.
My thoughts exactly, Tipper. Although I don't see Patsy ever "throwing in the towel" unless it has some performance value and she gets some type of kudos for it.
Remember, we're talking about Miss "I'm too doped up to talk to the police, but get me in front of that CNN camera!"...

It's the NE for Godsakes! They will create extreme drama from anything.

Let's wait until we hear more from a more credible source. This may be something routine, or nothing at all. We just don't know at this point.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back