1205 users online (198 members and 1007 guests)  

Websleuths News

NY - .Explosion in Times Square NYC

I just saw it on the news....CBS LIVE
    Justice for Jonbenet!

PER: WNYW

THERE WAS AN EXPLOSION IN TIMES SQ. AT 0345 EST. IT HAPPENED ON 43RD AND 8TH AT THE MILITARY RECRUITING STATION

"IT WAS LOUD ENOUGH THAT PEOPLE AT THE MARRIOTT MARQUIS HEARD IT AND SAW A PUFF OF SMOKE"

ALL TRAFFIC DIVERTED

46TH TO 42ND CLOSED BETWEEN 6TH AND 8TH

ALL SUBWAYS ARE BEING DIVERTED

NYPD ARE ON SCENE

http://www.foxnews.com/urgent_queue/...5e7,2008-03-06

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by chicoliving View Post
    PER: WNYW

THERE WAS AN EXPLOSION IN TIMES SQ. AT 0345 EST. IT HAPPENED ON 43RD AND 8TH AT THE MILITARY RECRUITING STATION

"IT WAS LOUD ENOUGH THAT PEOPLE AT THE MARRIOTT MARQUIS HEARD IT AND SAW A PUFF OF SMOKE"

ALL TRAFFIC DIVERTED

46TH TO 42ND CLOSED BETWEEN 6TH AND 8TH

ALL SUBWAYS ARE BEING DIVERTED

NYPD ARE ON SCENE

http://www.foxnews.com/urgent_queue/...5e7,2008-03-06
    Says they found another one - unexploded - no other news as of yet that I can find.

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Times Square Explosion

Last Edited: Thursday, 06 Mar 2008, 5:04 AM EST
    Created: Thursday, 06 Mar 2008, 5:02 AM EST

The FDNY confirms an explosion at the Armed Forces building in Times Square.

It happened at about 3:50 AM.

It is located at West 43rd and Broadway.

A man was seen leaving the scene on a bicycle.

FROZEN ZONE ON 41ST TO 47TH BETWEEN 6TH AND 8TY

NEW YORK CITY TRANSIT BUSES: EXPECT DELAYS & diversions on the m6, m7, m10, m20, m27 & m104 buses as a result of the police activity at times square.....also the 1, 2, 3, 7, N, Q, R, W trains & the 42nd st shuttle are bypassing Times Square.

http://www.myfoxny.com/myfox/pages/H...Y&pageId=1.1.1

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Oh no, I hope people weren't hurt or killed.

It was a minor blast that only blew out the front window of the recruiting station. The only damage done was to traffic flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah,me View Post
    It was a minor blast that only blew out the front window of the recruiting station. The only damage done was to traffic flow.
    Well,that's a good thing.But I have to say,interrupting traffic flow in NYC isn't a minor thing! LOL!

Especially in Times Square, right? The news hounds were just drooling at their news desks waiting for the story to get bigger and more intricate so they could have something to salivate over for a few days.

http://www.ksn.com/news/also/16347876.html

NEW YORK, New York, March 6, 2008 (NBC) --Security cameras were rolling when a suspect on a bicycle planted explosives at a Times Square military recruiting booth early Thursday morning.

Good thing this didn't happen yesterday. My 12 year old was on a field trip to Times Square yesterday and I would have freaked all day wondering if something else was going to happen. The weird thing is,when he went to bed last night ,we talked about 9/11 and how awful it was. He wondered if it could happen again. he said,"Someone could let off a bomb in Times Square and it would do so much damage". I almost sh** when i woke up this morning and heard the news.

At that time of the morning (3:45 am), Times Square is pretty quiet and not many people out. Weird that someone would do that in the middle of the night... unless they were doing it as a test run, or it went off BEFORE it was suppose to.

This is a crazy scary world, at times...

ETA: where it was planted is right across from the ABC news studios... had it gone off later in the morning, it would have been on live tv because ABC/GMA uses that area as their backdrop.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah,me View Post
    Especially in Times Square, right? The news hounds were just drooling at their news desks waiting for the story to get bigger and more intricate so they could have something to salivate over for a few days.
    Well, it is their job. And, according to the most recent news, several New York congressmen were mailed photos of the building before the incident. The bomb was also very similar to those used at bombings in consulates earlier in New York. Now there's more out there coming in all the time.

I'd say we'd better pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    At that time of the morning (3:45 am), Times Square is pretty quiet and not many people out. Weird that someone would do that in the middle of the night... unless they were doing it as a test run, or it went off BEFORE it was suppose to.

This is a crazy scary world, at times...

ETA: where it was planted is right across from the ABC news studios... had it gone off later in the morning, it would have been on live tv because ABC/GMA uses that area as their backdrop.
    Hmm. Sounds to me like a "protest" then, not an act intended to kill anyone.