1019 users online (180 members and 839 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 776
  1. #331
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,459
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    I would certainly like to know more about this guy. He does appear to fit LE's profile of the perp and have a reason to be in both places. Good find, Rusty!
    I agree about his looks fitting the profile - his jaw seems kinda square to me. It's definitely a great find, Rusty - good job!! Let's hope LE has already checked into him and his DNA isn't just sitting in backlog somewhere.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

  2. #332
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the prowl
    Posts
    26,409
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    They keep talking a big game like they do have more. Let's just say, I HOPE they have more. If not, this isn't going to be solved without him committing another crime and gaining more clues. It is difficult to even suggest another victim has to be taken in order to get him, but it sounds like it is where we are with this case.
    I agree it does sound like there's more that LE is not telling us, but I also agree that if there is anything that could help locate this monster without jeopardizing their case then they should release it. I just have a feeling he's left the area.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo


  3. #333
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the prowl
    Posts
    26,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    Address history for Nick/Nickolas Underwood:

    2 addresses in Grass Valley, CA.
    2 addresses in Nevada City, CA.
    2 addresses in Cedar Ridge, CA.
    1 address in Oxnard, CA.
    6 addresses in Reno, Nevada
    2 addresses in Sparks, Nevada
    1 address is Las Vegas, Nevada
    It's interesting how he's got addresses in both CA and NV. I wonder when he was in Oxnard? Looking at a map of the state it's not too far from Santa Barbara.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo


  4. #334
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Green Mountains
    Posts
    224

    Oh Please......

    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    It was all about the DNA mixup entirely. They were upset with the criticism and wanted to "set the record straight" so John Q. Public wouldn't lose total faith in their abilities. No other reason...it was all an elaborately orchestrated PR move to cover their own mistake. If the media and the public waited for two days...then hype over it was greater and more people would pay attention to what they had to say. It was much ado about nothing!
    >
    How can you say this with such authority? Are you the PIO for the RPD? The fact is none of us have a clue about PD's motive regarding the media in this case. It does appear that they are employing unusual methods as far as the press release in concerned. But we can't even say for sure that the DNA "mixup" was intentional or not, let alone what the RPD's course of action is right now. Lets just think about what we know as fact. Not speculation, hearsay, rumor, or assumptions.......but actual fact.
    Last edited by adnoid; 03-12-2008 at 02:57 PM.

    TBH = Doting Father, Loving & Faithful Husband, Volunteer FF/EMT, Steward of the Land, Patriot, Athiest.

  5. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBugHouse View Post
    >
    How can you say this with such authority? Are you the PIO for the RPD? The fact is none of us have a clue about PD's motive regarding the media in this case. It does appear that they are employing unusual methods as far as the press release in concerned. But we can't even say for sure that the DNA "mixup" was intentional or not, let alone what the RPD's course of action is right now. Now before you go on some tirade about how it's "unintelligent" (your word) not to always question LE, lets just think about what we know as fact. Not speculation, hearsay, rumor, or assumptions.......but actual fact.
    It is a fact. LE IS the one who stated the mix up was indeed a mistake on the part of the officers who were dealing with the media. They tried to downplay it. If it was a ploy on the part of LE then it backfired because it really didn't make much difference if his DNA was on this pair or not since they had the other pair which had already been identified as being owned by someone who lived in the apartment. How is any of this not factual?! It came straight from LE's mouthpiece. Are you going to say that the intentional two day wait was possibly to "scare" the perp? Why would it? He already knew what they had so what could they possibly gain?

    But Reno Police Lt. Robert McDonald said Monday the DNA belongs to an unknown male and female. He provided little explanation of the mix-up other than “somebody was misinformed” previously. http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...80303044&theme
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  6. #336
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty100 View Post
    Could be backlogged at the state level - if convicted and served time in another state.

    National backlog is pretty far behind in processing as well. FBI reports being behind as much as 75% of all samples collected since 2001.
    Good point, Rusty!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  7. #337
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    5,605
    Quote Originally Posted by SS
    If it was a ploy on the part of LE then it backfired because it really didn't make much difference if his DNA was on this pair or not since they had the other pair which had already been identified as being owned by someone who lived in the apartment.
    Hey SS, since I've been out of the loop for a bit can you help by pointing me in the direction of a link for this? I didn't realise that LE knows for sure that the second pair of underwear indeed belongs to a tenant in the apartment. Brianna was staying in a house, though. So, which apartment did the underwear come from?

    Thanks muches,

    Lion

  8. #338
    They came from where Bri was abducted.

    Nevermind, I see ****** beat me to it. Thanks.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  9. #339
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    5,605
    Quote Originally Posted by ****** View Post
    Good to see you back and posting! Check here the the Media Links thread.
    Thank you ******. It's good to be back. I see you are now a super mod! Me better watch me tongue.

    Lion

  10. #340
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,237
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty100 View Post
    http://www.nvsexoffenders.gov/Search.aspx

    last name - underwood
    first name - nick

    Also of note - heigth is 5'7", initial desciption from one victim, just over 5'6". Looks like he works out. Check out additional photos -- has an embroided shirt , something typically worn with sweats.
    His head looks shaved.
    Know its a long shot - one last thing. Why is he smiling in this pic, most people convicted of a crime are not too happy.
    Has there been any reference to tattoos for this POI? This guy has 3 apparently. The one on his back is his last name. The others are on his head and shoulder.


  11. #341
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    5,605
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    They came from where Bri was abducted.

    Nevermind, I see ****** beat me to it. Thanks.
    NW, SS. So the suspected killer somehow had one of the permanent female residents' underwear in his possession prior to dumping them where he dumped Brianna. I do wonder if he has a lingerie' fetish, and I wonder when he obtained them.

    Lion

  12. #342
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    5,605
    Quote Originally Posted by ****** View Post
    I'm still the same guy - just mind the TOS and we'll all get along.
    I know you are the same guy, ******. I'm glad you are a mod because I admire your level headedness, your thinking, and your sense of balance. A few weeks ago when chico suggested that you apply I was really hoping that you would. This is a wonderful place to belong to, and I think that it is due in part to the outstanding mods who keep things on track here. A bit late but congrats to you!

    And, I was kidding about watching my tongue. I have too much respect for myself and for the great posters here to say anything out of line.

    Sorry about the OT, and back to Brianna. Interesting that the perp had a pair of underwear that belonged to a permanent roommate of the home where Brianna was abducted from. I wonder when and how he obtained them. He is one twisted perp perhaps with an underwear fetish.

    Weeks ago I thought that even if he hadn't sexually assaulted and murdered prior to a few months ago he might have been expressing some other sexual deviancy like peeping. From all that I've researched, a number of serial rapists/sexual serial killers begin their, "careers" with voyeurism, exhibitionism, or acting out on fetishes(i.e stealing lingerie). I wonder if LE has researched misdemeanor sex crimes going back at least 5 years to see if there are any perps convicted of stealing women's clothing.

    Lion

  13. #343
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,852
    Creepy to think he may have been in the apartment BEFORE the girls went out that night.....but then again, that would explain a lot. We are approaching the middle of this month, and I guess I will always get nervous about that until he is arrested. Please stay safe anyone who is in Reno.

  14. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by happy2bn10ec View Post
    But if he has been convicted already, wouldn't his DNA be in the data bank?
    i wondered the same thing....i now see Rusty's response..makes sense....
    i don't think it's the freak though....when i looked at the picture yesterday, it seems his face is too round...course he may have lost some weight in his face, but.......

  15. #345
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBugHouse View Post
    >
    How can you say this with such authority? Are you the PIO for the RPD? The fact is none of us have a clue about PD's motive regarding the media in this case. It does appear that they are employing unusual methods as far as the press release in concerned. But we can't even say for sure that the DNA "mixup" was intentional or not, let alone what the RPD's course of action is right now. Now before you go on some tirade about how it's "unintelligent" (your word) not to always question LE, lets just think about what we know as fact. Not speculation, hearsay, rumor, or assumptions.......but actual fact.
    Thank you for being another voice of reason!

Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast