Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #8

Quote Originally Posted by newshound81 View Post
    sexual assault that occurred in the parking lot at 1425 North Virginia Street between 4:30 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. on December 16.

LE has never before released that the Dec. 16 victim was assaulted in the parking lot of her apartment complex. Previous reports said she was driven to a location a short distance away.

Interesting. I wonder how they're jogging this girl's memory. Or maybe others have come forward saying that they saw something odd the night of her attack.
    Does the attack occuring between 4:30 and 9:00 a.m. mean that the victim was kept that long? That's 4 1/2 hours covering light and dark hours.

softsoul is offline I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink34 View Post
    Does anyone know when the Dec vic went to Taiwan and when the description changed?
    I'm not sure exactly when she returned to Taiwan but it was reported she had already left by the time he tried to break into her apartment in January. There was someone in the apartment during the attempted break in but it was not the December victim. I'm not sure if she had a roommate or if someone else had already moved in by that time.

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    Does the attack occuring between 4:30 and 9:00 a.m. mean that the victim was kept that long? That's 4 1/2 hours covering light and dark hours.
    I hadn't noticed that time line before but that is horrible to think about. I do know that she was beaten so badly that the doctor who attended to her told the police that this perp would likely kill his next victim. Unfortunately, he/she was right.

Quote Originally Posted by softsoul View Post
    I'm not sure exactly when she returned to Taiwan but it was reported she had already left by the time he tried to break into her apartment in January. There was someone in the apartment during the attempted break in but it was not the December victim. I'm not sure if she had a roommate or if someone else had already moved in by that time.
    I'm wondering if the Dec. victim went home to Taiwan for both winter break and to recuperate from her injuries. While home in Taiwan she, along with her family, decided she wouldn't return to Reno after classes resumed. If she was undecided about whether or not to return, certainly the kidnapping and murder of Brianna Denison, convinced her she shouldn't return.

Although the December victim was able to describe the interior of the vehicle she was assaulted in, there's not enough identifying information about the exterior of the vehicle. People driving in Reno don't have much to go on - a darker colored extended cab pickup truck. There has to be thousands of them.

I really think it's going to take another attack or an incredible stroke of luck to find the perp.

Somehow I missed this this morning, but LE has now also released an update description of the perp's vehicle: http://www.cityofreno.com/index.aspx...1465&page=1421
    Thanks newshound! It's possible the back seat could've been folded down so the victim didn't think there was one.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    That confused me too since it was Brianna who was abducted between the same hours ~ 4:30am when she last text messaged her boyfriend and 9:00am when the roommates got up and found her missing.
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    That confused me too since it was Brianna who was abducted between the same hours ~ 4:30am when she last text messaged her boyfriend and 9:00am when the roommates got up and found her missing.
    That's a good point. Was it a 4.5 hour crime/abduction or are they not sure when it occurred? Maybe neither one and the person that wrote this is confused.

What I find most frustrating about this is this.;
    when thousands of people were looking for this guy in the weeks immediately following the abduction, they/we were looking for a very small perp with a large truck. Now that the blue ribbons are few and far between, and the case is as cold as a naked witch in the antarctic, we're( they) are looking for a man with a large build that could be 6'4" and a small to mid size truck.WTF?!

IMHO, wouldn't it have been better to say" Hey, we just don't have a description but who the he## owns these panties? Is there anyone out there that discounted a possible suspect because the description of the suspect AND the vehicle weren't even close? All it would have taken was one possible suspect and one suspecting person that said to herself" Yeah , the guy is really strange at times and I can see him doing this but nothing matches,Oh, well." Do you think she keeps checking websites and news stories to keep updated on "descriptor" changes? Nope.

I'm disappointed and frustrated and if my skateboard gets stolen I won't be depending on LE to get it back for me, that's for darn sure.

I check this site everyday and I reluctantly agree with alot of you that we may have to wait for another victim. There is very little else to say at this point. Whoever perpetrated these crimes is a psychotic POS. That I think we all agree on.

Quote Originally Posted by FXSTS View Post
    That's a good point. Was it a 4.5 hour crime/abduction or are they not sure when it occurred? Maybe neither one and the person that wrote this is confused.

when thousands of people were looking for this guy in the weeks immediately following the abduction, they/we were looking for a very small perp with a large truck. Now that the blue ribbons are few and far between, and the case is as cold as a naked witch in the antarctic, we're( they) are looking for a man with a large build that could be 6'4" and a small to mid size truck.WTF?!

IMHO, wouldn't it have been better to say" Hey, we just don't have a description but who the he## owns these panties? Is there anyone out there that discounted a possible suspect because the description of the suspect AND the vehicle weren't even close? All it would have taken was one possible suspect and one suspecting person that said to herself" Yeah , the guy is really strange at times and I can see him doing this but nothing matches,Oh, well." Do you think she keeps checking websites and news stories to keep updated on "descriptor" changes? Nope.

I'm disappointed and frustrated and if my skateboard gets stolen I won't be depending on LE to get it back for me, that's for darn sure.

I check this site everyday and I reluctantly agree with alot of you that we may have to wait for another victim. There is very little else to say at this point. Whoever perpetrated these crimes is a psychotic POS. That I think we all agree on.
    I'll have to look back, but I didn't think the time line for the Dec. 16 attack was the same as for Brianna's abduction/murder. I also noticed the description of the perp/truck seems to have been reversed (small man/big truck to big man/small truck), and maybe that's from some miscommunication between LE and the victim? Whatever, I agree that the discrepancy might have stopped someone from calling in a tip but hopefully someday soon he'll be caught.
    Rest in Peace

sexual assault that occurred in the parking lot at 1425 North Virginia Street between 4:30 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. on December 16.

LE has never before released that the Dec. 16 victim was assaulted in the parking lot of her apartment complex. Previous reports said she was driven to a location a short distance away.

Interesting. I wonder how they're jogging this girl's memory. Or maybe others have come forward saying that they saw something odd the night of her attack.
    I believe she is being hypnotized.....the info on the inside of the vehicle is detailed...to remember those things one has to be hypnotized...

Quote Originally Posted by guestwriter View Post
    I believe she is being hypnotized.....the info on the inside of the vehicle is detailed...to remember those things one has to be hypnotized...
    Interesting....I asked someone that after reading the updated description. Sounds like she was hypnotized to me too. The new description is much more detailed.

This case is so damned frustrating. I can't stand waiting....especially for another victim!

I am waiting here for more
    I am waiting by your door
    I am waiting on your back steps
    I am waiting in my car
    I am waiting at this bar
    I am waiting for your essence

http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/w...ence-2995.html

Chilling, isn't it? (Her lyrics are really disturbing when you read them, imo.) It reminded me of this refrain when you said you couldn't stand waiting...especially for another victim. Is that what he is thinking, too?
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by FXSTS View Post
    <snip>

What really irks me is that they announce a PC 2 days ahead of time to tell us about the pink panties.... they know where they came from, who they belonged to and whose DNA was on them. No help to the public at all...but it helped their image in regard to the wrong info being released. HOWEVER, when information about the suspect and his vehicle is changed it is hardly a blip in the newsflash department. Do you think you might want to get people's attention on this information???? This info might actually help the public ID this POS!!! I don't mean to be too critical of LE because I'm sure this case is eating at them but in regard to what how they are using the media it seems like their image is more important than catching this creep. While I know this can't be true my frustration is getting to me as well.

I'd never thought of that, but it does seem the only way to recall the details considering how terrified she must have been when everything happened, and the pain she must have been in when he assaulted her.
    Rest in Peace

You know, now that you mention it, it does sound the detail one would recall if hypnotized.

I wonder if LE would use hypnosis on the November victim too? Although she didn't see his vehicle - she was grabbed from behind and she kicked and screamed and he finally let her go and ran off. But, perhaps through hypnosis they could get a clearer description of the suspect.

We want those.

Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    You know, now that you mention it, it does sound the detail one would recall if hypnotized.

I wonder if LE would use hypnosis on the November victim too? Although she didn't see his vehicle - she was grabbed from behind and she kicked and screamed and he finally let her go and ran off. But, perhaps through hypnosis they could get a clearer description of the suspect.
    I do believe hypnosis is helpful, but as I understand it's tough for LE. Any defense attorney will work hard to prevent a witness that has been hypnotized from testifying and look for little errors in the hypnosis process. The general idea as I understand it is to thoroughly debrief the witness and record the testimony BEFORE hypnosis, such that the pre-hypnosis testimony can be introduced.

Imagine the horror if one of the victims was hypnotized and, under hypnosis, recalled the name of the perp from a glance at an envelope on the floor of the truck. If a defense attorney was able to get the witness disqualified because of an error in the hypnosis, the conviction could be in jeopardy. Makes me sick, but that's the risk as I understand it.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

"I'll put it this way: I certainly wouldn't want her behind me in a knife fight." -- me

Email me

Quote Originally Posted by adnoid View Post
    I do believe hypnosis is helpful, but as I understand it's tough for LE. Any defense attorney will work hard to prevent a witness that has been hypnotized from testifying and look for little errors in the hypnosis process. The general idea as I understand it is to thoroughly debrief the witness and record the testimony BEFORE hypnosis, such that the pre-hypnosis testimony can be introduced.

Imagine the horror if one of the victims was hypnotized and, under hypnosis, recalled the name of the perp from a glance at an envelope on the floor of the truck. If a defense attorney was able to get the witness disqualified because of an error in the hypnosis, the conviction could be in jeopardy. Makes me sick, but that's the risk as I understand it.
    That makes sense too, so what do you think caused the Dec. victim to recall as she has? I'm thinking of the changing descriptions of his physical appearance and the truck have taken, or was this misreporting by media?
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    That makes sense too, so what do you think caused the Dec. victim to recall as she has? I'm thinking of the changing descriptions of his physical appearance and the truck have taken, or was this misreporting by media?
    Oh, I wouldn't doubt hypnosis. If I was LE and had a choice to make between finding the guy but knowing you might lose the chance to nail him and not finding the guy but preserving the ability to prosecute, I'd go for finding him. At least he'd get thrown in jail and have his DNA taken, and the world would know it was him even if a lawyer gets him off. It should keep him from doing it again. Although I look at OJ and his continued ability to abuse the women that throw themselves at him and I just wonder sometimes...
    Μολὼν λαβέ

"I'll put it this way: I certainly wouldn't want her behind me in a knife fight." -- me

Email me

Quote Originally Posted by adnoid View Post
    Oh, I wouldn't doubt hypnosis. If I was LE and had a choice to make between finding the guy but knowing you might lose the chance to nail him and not finding the guy but preserving the ability to prosecute, I'd go for finding him. At least he'd get thrown in jail and have his DNA taken, and the world would know it was him even if a lawyer gets him off. It should keep him from doing it again. Although I look at OJ and his continued ability to abuse the women that throw themselves at him and I just wonder sometimes...
    Thanks for the response. I can't imagine what else could cause her to recall such details after the horrific experience she must have gone through and the nightmares she must still be having.
    Rest in Peace

I mentioned early on I wish they would use hynosis on the other victims. I see the legal ramifications, but the benefits of such would outweigh the negative legal hurdles. I think maybe the last description of the perp was the result of hypnosis and the initial description was from her natural response of mulling it over in her mind constantly drawing out details from such a horrific experience with the help of a therapist.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    I am waiting here for more
    I am waiting by your door
    I am waiting on your back steps
    I am waiting in my car
    I am waiting at this bar
    I am waiting for your essence

http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/w...ence-2995.html

Chilling, isn't it? (Her lyrics are really disturbing when you read them, imo.) It reminded me of this refrain when you said you couldn't stand waiting...especially for another victim. Is that what he is thinking, too?
    Wow, SS. I couldn't have said it better myself. Those lyrics are creepy - just like this guy.

Yes, he is a creep for certain! I think he is quite familiar with waiting on his victims...but they are random. He is just waiting for someone to fit the description of the woman he wants to attack. I don't mean to say he is stalking them, but that he is waiting for his opportunity each time. This is why he is near a campus. The numbers go up as far as finding his perfect target.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

For those of us that followed the Laci Peterson case you'll recall that they had the neighbor under go hypnosis. They wanted more details from her about what she saw on the day Laci was supposed to have disappeared and there was a robbery right across the street.

I don't think LE's intention when using hypnosis is always meant to be given as testimony at a trial but more so used as a tool that leads to more info. It's the same thing with the use of dogs. It is an investigative tool that hopefully will give them a lead but not counted on to make it to court. That's not to say that it doesn't get used at trial but the prosecutor does have to fight for it as well as strict guidelines that have to be followed.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Yes, he is a creep for certain! I think he is quite familiar with waiting on his victims...but they are random. He is just waiting for someone to fit the description of the woman he wants to attack. I don't mean to say he is stalking them, but that he is waiting for his opportunity each time. This is why he is near a campus. The numbers go up as far as finding his perfect target.

Your name looks familiar. Hmmmmm....Seriously Searching. I remember someone with a name like that that used to chat here. hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by EnvoyDriver61 View Post
    I bet the guy started out in different areas to release his tension, get his kicks, etc (porn or prostitutes) and then escalated to real women with his spree. I think he may be both repulsed and excited about killing Brianna. I don't think he went to that level and won't go back. He appears to be methodical, and believes he has great self-control or self-command, as evidenced by his grooming habits, IMO.

I think he has returned to whatever he did in the beginning, thinking he can master his impulse. I'm sure the guy is a bundle of nerves in real life, trying very hard to show self-control in his daily routine, but is having a very active fantasy life.
    Envoy, what do you think about the idea that this perp hasn't committed actual sexual intercouse rape on any of the victims that we know of? He didn't do anything to the November vic, he made the December vic perform oral sex on him, and we don't know what he did to Bri, except that it was "sexually motivated," which to me doesn't necessarily mean she was actually raped. I keep feeling like this means that he's in a relationship and the rapes are in part a way for him to get certain sex acts (like oral sex) that he might not be getting from his SO. This falls in line with him starting with prostitutes as well--men sometimes seek them out for kinky things or things that they can't get at home. Curious on others' thoughts.

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast